leweder

Dec 8, 2018
How do I unlock abilities with heart icon? During my first playthrough, I got a "Natural Release" skill. I didn't quite get the requirements, though. After I completed the story, it disappeared in both new game+ and from the old saves.
In most oneone1 games it's tied to story progression towards the various "bad" ends, so you need to lose story missions and do prostitution for some of them to unlock.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
The game does not work when I want to start the game immediately Error
It really helps if you post what the error actually is, since the error text helps you know what the actual issue is...

A couple of common errors that it might be. First, depending on your operating system and what you used to extract the files it might have bugged out. Winrar has issues with non-English characters in file names unless you've set it up correctly. I'd suggest using 7zip for extracting, since that has no issues with other alphabets.

Te other thing, which I may be wrong on since I don't recall the exact details of this game, is that if this was a game made on and older version of RPGMaker it may need a separate RTP installed. IF the error is something like "RPGMaker VX RTP missing" you need that RTP. Look for the RTP downloads.

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
It really helps if you post what the error actually is, since the error text helps you know what the actual issue is...

A couple of common errors that it might be. First, depending on your operating system and what you used to extract the files it might have bugged out. Winrar has issues with non-English characters in file names unless you've set it up correctly. I'd suggest using 7zip for extracting, since that has no issues with other alphabets.

Te other thing, which I may be wrong on since I don't recall the exact details of this game, is that if this was a game made on and older version of RPGMaker it may need a separate RTP installed. IF the error is something like "RPGMaker VX RTP missing" you need that RTP. Look for the RTP downloads.
7zip like any other extraction program cannot know what encoding was used if it isn't specified in the file itself, since most games are just zipped up by windows native zip program they simply assume the encoding of the operating system (in this case it was zipped on a Japanese locale, but if you try to extract it on a US locale it will mess up the encoding because of this).
There is a dedicated page explaining locales how to run Japanese games for a reason, because having people ask the same question a million times on every game thread and often get incomplete answers bloats them up and makes it more difficult to find information relevant to the game itself.
Hi so I used 7zip and it's still the same..
If for whatever reason you don't want to change your systems locale to Japanese following the guide above, this game will probably still work if you unpack it with bandizip selecting the Japanese language for extraction, as explained in this thread.
As for the error it clearly shows an encoding issue (Shift_JIS), but it doesn't specify if it's due to a bad filename (issues listed above) or bad encoding of the file itself (it's easy to mess up the game script encoding when creating or modding the game).

spokkimax

Sep 19, 2022
Hello, I need to ask something important: why does this game have mosaic censorship despite the fact that it has been localized and published in the West? Please let me know.

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Hello, I need to ask something important: why does this game have mosaic censorship despite the fact that it has been localized and published in the West? Please let me know.
Short version:
Because the localization company (Sakuragame) was Chinese and...well they kind of lied about their localization process and screwed the original devs over. Seems the original devs caught on to that and have severed ties with them recently. They do plenty of shady stuff, for instance. And like any shady buisness they are constantly re-branding to cover their tracks.
Long version:
, sadly most of the articles and videos on youtube about them have been taken down.

Now if the localization was done by an actual legitimate company it would still need the original Japanese developers assets and/or permission to publish uncensored/decensored, and not every Japanese dev cares for that sort of thing. Luckily Kagura seem to be the new publishing company for western releases of OneOne1 games and they usually get rights to uncensor, but unfortunately take an eternity to translate and release games.

• Love
Reactions: spokkimax

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Guys please help ... All sounds are activated, but suddenly they stopped working ... This happens in all the games I have from Oneone1. Does anyone know how to solve? Thank you in advance.

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Guys please help ... All sounds are activated, but suddenly they stopped working ... This happens in all the games I have from Oneone1. Does anyone know how to solve? Thank you in advance.
1. Are you using any of the fan patches for these games and did you have sounds working normally before?
2. Did you extract/run the games on a Japanese locale?
3. Have you used any of the function keys in game, like "F1" should open a menu for basic settings including sound?
4. If you are on Windows, while the game is running open "adjust system volume" or "volume mixer" controls, check if the game is muted, or if it's volume is lower then the "speaker" volume.
5. If you've checked all the previous things you can try deleting config.rvdata, the game will recreate it with default settings the next time you launch it.

Reactions: Ruodger

Hawldir

Apr 25, 2021
Hey Guys, I downloaded the game but it just shows me a black screen, no menu or anything appears. I tried the fix of rpgmaker, the japanese language code, the patch and the bug guide but it still only shows me a black screen. Could you please guide me to what could it be that i'm doing wrong? Thank you.

Reactions: spokkimax

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Hey Guys, I downloaded the game but it just shows me a black screen, no menu or anything appears. I tried the fix of rpgmaker, the japanese language code, the patch and the bug guide but it still only shows me a black screen. Could you please guide me to what could it be that i'm doing wrong? Thank you.
If you have RpgmakerVXAce RTP installed then just have some patience as mentioned earlier: https://f95zone.to/threads/dark-elf-historia-final-oneone1.4129/post-465692
And just gonna also mention, press ENTER when it loads since some people didn't realize they need to do that on some of these games.

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes