punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I don't agree, the story is the central part of a game. And probably the most important part. And in a situation like this where the dev dramatically changed the direction of the story, just to pander for more Patreon bucks, it's going to draw very well deserved criticism.
Is there a post/quote from the dev confirming this anywhere?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Critiquing the story is fair game. The story is probably the weakest part of this game. It's had poor pacing since Ch2 started. Either with routes being completely forgotten for extended periods (Martin) routes being dragged out (D/Rachel) or routes being neutered (Graham/Olivia).

It's been posted several times before, but the content people complain about (sharing etc.) were planned tags since the game started. The old MrDots website laid out what the game was meant to be. The story was botched when he hired a couple writers and let them write a story that deviated from what Dots originally wanted.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And when that content actually started to get added in Ch3 people had a cow and that caused pretty much everyone on both sides to get fed up. The "vanilla" people were mad content they dislike was being added (despite this content being planned) and the "taboo" people were mad because this content keeps getting put in the backseat regardless. Like the latest update when D/F go to a swingers club...and didn't swing? Makes sense.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Critiquing the story is fair game. The story is probably the weakest part of this game. It's had poor pacing since Ch2 started. Either with routes being completely forgotten for extended periods (Martin) routes being dragged out (D/Rachel) or routes being neutered (Graham/Olivia).

It's been posted several times before, but the content people complain about (sharing etc.) were planned tags since the game started. The old MrDots website laid out what the game was meant to be. The story was botched when he hired a couple writers and let them write a story that deviated from what Dots originally wanted.

And when that content actually started to get added in Ch3 people had a cow and that caused pretty much everyone on both sides to get fed up. The "vanilla" people were mad content they dislike was being added (despite this content being planned) and the "taboo" people were mad because this content keeps getting put in the backseat regardless. Like the latest update when D/F go to a swingers club...and didn't swing? Makes sense.
Wait so which is responsible for mr.dots changing the direction? The new writers that were hired or the patrons?

Djay86

Aug 29, 2019
I really enjoyed the game and wondered if it's possible to make a one time donation to mrdots without subscribing?

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I really enjoyed the game and wondered if it's possible to make a one time donation to mrdots without subscribing?
make it on his patreon or subscribestar pages and cancel it before the next installment ... alternately subscribe to a lower level and once you have reached your limit cancel it ... bare in mind DMD is coming to an end

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
make it on his patreon or subscribestar pages and cancel it before the next installment ... alternately subscribe to a lower level and once you have reached your limit cancel it ... bare in mind DMD is coming to an end
Also bare in mind Dots is one of the few top creators, so, do what you want, it's your money, but in case there's another game that you enjoyed that is made by a less financially lucky team, maybe your money would be more useful there.

Reactions: oaiki

Djay86

Aug 29, 2019
Also bare in mind Dots is one of the few top creators, so, do what you want, it's your money, but in case there's another game that you enjoyed that is made by a less financially lucky team, maybe your money would be more useful there.
I think you are right I will keep my money for a smaller creator, didn't know mrdots were doing so well

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
I think you are right I will keep my money for a smaller creator, didn't know mrdots were doing so well
He was as High as #3 in the Adult games creator rakings but has dropped down to #47 with the trend still downwards. ( he is down 12.9% on subscribers over the last year)
And no it wasn't because of the banning of this game from Patreon- that episode dropped him down to #14

Last edited:

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021

Exactly. The story is just not at all what it was so obviously (and documented) to be in the beginning. I've gone into it before so I'll avoid doing it again but you're right.

As for critiquing, that's always fair game. Always. I maintain that DMD is one of the better adult VNs out there but it suffers from a bad story that became worse with time, mostly due to bending it to the whims of some fans. Which I maintain is the most disappointing thing a creator of anything can do. Take opinions in and listen but don't compromise your vision for money or pleasing your fans. Ever. MrDots did with DMD and clearly so.

Still, one of the better VNs out there. It's a good one that could have been great.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
He was as High as #3 in the Adult games creator rakings but has dropped down to #47 with the trend still downwards. ( he is down 12.9% on subscribers over the last year)
And no it wasn't because of the banning of this game from Patreon- that episode dropped him down to #14
You are looking at only Patreon (shitfukks)

Dots is one of the very, very few developers to have MORE SubStar subs than patrons

Reactions: Kryptozoid

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
You are looking at only Patreon (shitfukks)

Dots is one of the very, very few developers to have MORE SubStar subs than patrons
Close but no cigar Patreon numbers still ahead of SS

Numbers on Patreon continue to decline over the last year. SS numbers have plateaued..

PatreonDots.PNG

SSDots.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Looper9

Xiba21

Aug 5, 2020
View attachment 29683

Overview
:
Main Plot: You’ll assume the role of a divorced father who hasn't seen his daughter in years. Now that she's 18 years old, she contacts you and tells you that she would like to have a “father-daughter” date with you. You’ll have the chance to get to know your daughter better, build a special relationship and why not, maybe convince her to have more “father-daughter” dates with you in the future.

Thread Updated: 2022-04-15
Release Date: 2022-04-15
Developer: MrDots Games - - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 4 - 0.34
Language: English
Other games: Melody - Sunshine Love
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

In-game Walkthrough Code: notoriety

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux:
MEGA - - -
Mac: MEGA - - -
Android:
MEGA - - -
Others:
COMPRESSED

Chapter 1-3

Extras: - Walkthrough/Scene Mod - Italian Translation* - Walkthrough - Fan Sign

Endless thanks for the link
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 29687 View attachment 29688 View attachment 29689 View attachment 29690 View attachment 29691 View attachment 29692 View attachment 29693 View attachment 29694 View attachment 29695 View attachment 29696 View attachment 29697 View attachment 29699 View attachment 29700 View attachment 29702 View attachment 29703 View attachment 29704 View attachment 1759295 View attachment 29707 View attachment 29708 View attachment 29709 View attachment 29710 View attachment 29711 View attachment 29712 View attachment 29713 View attachment 29714 View attachment 29715 View attachment 1007643
i really like this game hope there is a nice big update soon

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Exactly. The story is just not at all what it was so obviously (and documented) to be in the beginning. I've gone into it before so I'll avoid doing it again but you're right.

As for critiquing, that's always fair game. Always. I maintain that DMD is one of the better adult VNs out there but it suffers from a bad story that became worse with time, mostly due to bending it to the whims of some fans. Which I maintain is the most disappointing thing a creator of anything can do. Take opinions in and listen but don't compromise your vision for money or pleasing your fans. Ever. MrDots did with DMD and clearly so.

Still, one of the better VNs out there. It's a good one that could have been great.
#47,741 Did you see this comment? They're saying the writers Mr.dots hired changed it.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes