VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deceived: The Lost Soul [vR0.10] [Wolfodeus]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Here is my walkthrough and cheat mod for this game. I highlight some recommended choices, add the 'cheat' button (on the right bottom corner of the screen) so you guys can add points and unlock some scenes. Hope that the game developer Wolfodeus approve me to publish this mod on his/her/their game and I think this game is interesting. It may have some bugs and if you found them, please reply to this comment to me to inform them. Thanks and have a nice day guys!!
P/s: Updated to v0.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
View attachment 1652468 View attachment 1652476 View attachment 1652482 View attachment 1652489
Updated to v0.1

Reactions: Punto and lxh123

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Not bad so far. But it definitely needs a proofread. While I don't think I've seen a single misspelled word, there are numerous issues with grammar. Issues like wrong tenses, wrong or missing prepositions, articles in places they don't belong... I could go on.

Another thing is relationships. Now, I'm inclined to leave it to the dev to decide if the mom and sister are supposed to be stepfamily or not. What does bother me, though, is that these siblings seem to insist on calling each other by their relationships, like some TV noble family. When the MC first called his stepmom "mother", I thought this was just something he does in reference to his previous life, but since he calls his father "dad" in those dreams, that clearly can't be it.

Thirdly, memory fragments. Specifically, there is an optional memory fragment inspiring the MC to try his hand at magic, but even if you don't see this, you still get a guessing game for a spell you've never seen. This makes no sense.

There's still one instance of his big sister calling the MC David.

Wolfodeus

Aug 25, 2016
Wolfodeus Tiny update. Very disappointed. Is this goona be the new content size of every update ??
I can understand your disappointment. I'd also be happy if I could release much bigger updates. You know I'm a small developer and working on this project all alone. Don't like to bitching about these things but I'll give you one example. For v0.11, I created a whole crystal mine with textures. Creating that model almost took me a week, and in the end, I only took 12 renders from that model.
As you can see, most of my time goes to modeling environmental stuff. Except for 2 environmental models, all the environmental models in the game come out of my hands.
While the game hardly maintains itself, that's all I can do. You can adapt this to other problems as well. I know you guys make comments with good intentions, but I know about those major problems with the game already. If I could, I would fix it immediately.
I hope someday I could fix those problems. Until then, I will continue to do my best on this project. Thanks...

ggregger33

Mar 19, 2021
I can understand your disappointment. I'd also be happy if I could release much bigger updates. You know I'm a small developer and working on this project all alone. Don't like to bitching about these things but I'll give you one example. For v0.11, I created a whole crystal mine with textures. Creating that model almost took me a week, and in the end, I only took 12 renders from that model.
As you can see, most of my time goes to modeling environmental stuff. Except for 2 environmental models, all the environmental models in the game come out of my hands.
While the game hardly maintains itself, that's all I can do. You can adapt this to other problems as well. I know you guys make comments with good intentions, but I know about those major problems with the game already. If I could, I would fix it immediately.
I hope someday I could fix those problems. Until then, I will continue to do my best on this project. Thanks...
First I like your game so far. I was playing the update and I like where it is going to this point. To the point of what you said I can not even imagine how hard it would be to make a game like this by yourself. If I was better with that stuff I would offer to help but I am not. Also spelling and grammar are not my thing as well. I know most people on this tread are only looking to help and there is probably a small few who just want to complain and bi*ch. My only thing in this last update was the grammar. Just a hard read. Keep up the great work and thank you for all you do.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Wolfodeus

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1666718107626.png
1) What's Deceived?
Deceived was planned as a series and The Lost Soul is the first chapter of the series.

2) Is Deceived an amnesia game?
Basically, if I answer, then yes. The Lost Soul is the amnesia chapter of the game.
There are several reasons behind this. First, we don't need the almighty MC in the beginning. I think that would be very boring. Secondly, I want you to feel the development of the MC and your development technically. Third, it's a good way to see the main character's background and how he got to this point. I'm not even talking about the technical stuff, like how this richening the story.

Deceived: The Lost Soul v0.15
18 HOURS AGO
New Update!

Reactions: Walter Victor

Moffy

Sep 25, 2019
Here is my walkthrough and cheat mod for this game. I highlight some recommended choices, add the 'cheat' button (on the right bottom corner of the screen) so you guys can add points and unlock some scenes. Hope that the game developer Wolfodeus approve me to publish this mod on his/her/their game and I think this game is interesting. It may have some bugs and if you found them, please reply to this comment to me to inform them. Thanks and have a nice day guys!!
P/s: Updated to v0.1
View attachment 1652468 View attachment 1652476 View attachment 1652482 View attachment 1652489
Please update the WT.
Thanks.

merlin7560

May 15, 2021
Ive gotten an error

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 5917, in script
if facedwn001 == True:
File "game/script.rpy", line 5917, in <module>
if facedwn001 == True:
NameError: name 'facedwn001' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
if facedwn001 == True:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1892, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
if facedwn001 == True:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Deceived: The Lost Soul 0.11
Sun Oct 30 09:10:12 2022
```
Im going to try and re download this update to see if that fix's it, its happened before on other games

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Deceived: The Lost Soul [v0.11b] [Wolfodeus] [UQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 1.33GB
Repack size: 328MB

PC = / / / / /
MacOS (EngineFilesOnly) =

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :whistle:

Last edited:

Wolfodeus

Aug 25, 2016
Ive gotten an error

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
if facedwn001 == True:
if facedwn001 == True:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
if facedwn001 == True:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1892, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
if facedwn001 == True:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Deceived: The Lost Soul 0.11
Sun Oct 30 09:10:12 2022
```
Im going to try and re download this update to see if that fix's it, its happened before on other games
I re-checked both the game and the codes but couldn't find anything wrong. I'm not sure why you're taking an error. Try to make a clean start without mods. Maybe it can help you to solve your problem.

Reactions: jussi818
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes