VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deceived: The Lost Soul [vR0.10] [Wolfodeus]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

hrm

Jul 24, 2017
I'm assuming that the $ maxenergy = energy bit of code is to refill your energy each day; if so, the variables are backwards. If you have the necklace and saw Daniel's last moments, before this update you'd be at 50 current energy and 250 max (since you used 200 to see the last moments). Which means this bit of code at the start of this update
Code:
if mysteriousnecklace == True:
    $ maxenergy = energy
    $ energy += 250
else:
    $ maxenergy = energy
sets max energy to 50, and then energy to 300. It also ends up erasing the +100 max energy you get from the memory fragment right before it.

It doesn't break anything (yet), but something to be aware of before writing any bits that require energy. Could fix it at the start of the next update with
Code:
    $ maxenergy = 250   #or 350? Not sure what it's actually supposed to be; it's orignally set to 100, then a "refill" sets it to 0, and then the necklace increases that by 250
else:
    $ maxenergy = 100

if mp >= 8:   #for the memory fragment
   $ maxenergy += 100

$ energy = maxenergy

I also just noticed that picking the option to not take the necklace will throw errors, since the if statements there use a single = instead of the == they should be.

Reactions: Wolfodeus

Wolfodeus

Aug 25, 2016
I'm assuming that the $ maxenergy = energy bit of code is to refill your energy each day; if so, the variables are backwards. If you have the necklace and saw Daniel's last moments, before this update you'd be at 50 current energy and 250 max (since you used 200 to see the last moments). Which means this bit of code at the start of this update
Code:
    $ maxenergy = energy
    $ energy += 250
else:
    $ maxenergy = energy
sets max energy to 50, and then energy to 300. It also ends up erasing the +100 max energy you get from the memory fragment right before it.

It doesn't break anything (yet), but something to be aware of before writing any bits that require energy. Could fix it at the start of the next update with
Code:
    $ maxenergy = 250   #or 350? Not sure what it's actually supposed to be; it's orignally set to 100, then a "refill" sets it to 0, and then the necklace increases that by 250
else:
    $ maxenergy = 100

if mp >= 8:   #for the memory fragment
   $ maxenergy += 100

$ energy = maxenergy

I also just noticed that picking the option to not take the necklace will throw errors, since the if statements there use a single = instead of the == they should be.
Yes, you're right. When I first saw this, I was surprised that I hadn't noticed it for such a long time, but I found the bug in the new update and fixed it.
Also, in the previous update, LGM pointed out something crucial with the spell puzzle. I still can't find a simple solution for this because it's too intertwined with the story. So I'll probably change part of the story to fix this in the next updates. I also leave the relevant code pieces from the new update below. You can check them.

Code:
# Necklace part
$ mysteriousnecklace = True
$ energy += 250
$ maxenergy += 250
$ renpy.notify("You gained a mysterious necklace! (+250 Max Energy)")
# Refill code
$ energy = maxenergy

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Here is my walkthrough and cheat mod for this game. I highlight some recommended choices, add the 'cheat' button (on the right bottom corner of the screen) so you guys can add points and unlock some scenes. Hope that the game developer Wolfodeus approve me to publish this mod on his/her/their game and I think this game is interesting. It may have some bugs and if you found them, please reply to this comment to me to inform them. Thanks and have a nice day guys!!
P/s: Updated to v0.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
View attachment 1652468 View attachment 1652476 View attachment 1652482 View attachment 1652489
I will update it later today

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
Wolfodeus there is an error "SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/script.rpy, line 5153)" where you are checking your variables with = instead of == and also lines 5157 and 5161.

Reactions: Wolfodeus

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Here is my walkthrough and cheat mod for this game. I highlight some recommended choices, add the 'cheat' button (on the right bottom corner of the screen) so you guys can add points and unlock some scenes. Hope that the game developer Wolfodeus approve me to publish this mod on his/her/their game and I think this game is interesting. It may have some bugs and if you found them, please reply to this comment to me to inform them. Thanks and have a nice day guys!!
P/s: Updated to v0.11b
View attachment 1652468 View attachment 1652476 View attachment 1652482 View attachment 1652489
Updated to v0.11b

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Yes, you're right. When I first saw this, I was surprised that I hadn't noticed it for such a long time, but I found the bug in the new update and fixed it.
Also, in the previous update, LGM pointed out something crucial with the spell puzzle. I still can't find a simple solution for this because it's too intertwined with the story. So I'll probably change part of the story to fix this in the next updates. I also leave the relevant code pieces from the new update below. You can check them.

Code:
# Necklace part
$ mysteriousnecklace = True
$ energy += 250
$ maxenergy += 250
$ renpy.notify("You gained a mysterious necklace! (+250 Max Energy)")
# Refill code
$ energy = maxenergy
So fresh gameplay gonna need ???
Wolfodeus

Wolfodeus

Aug 25, 2016
If you are asking about energy points, they will be used in many situations. But mostly it will give you the opportunity to exceed human limits. That will be explained later.

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
P/s: Updated to v0.11b
thx for the mod update LaikDink~ :LOL:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
It's not gonna win any awards, but this is a pretty decent game. Typical harem set up, but the core plot about the soul transference thingy does remain interesting enough. I also like that there is just that tiny bit of immorality where MC is cheating on the gf. Of course, I fully expect it to turn into harem later on, but at least you can mess around a bit before it gets there.

I'm also slightly intrigued by the seasonal names (Autumn, Winter, Summer). It might be nothing, but maybe there is a significance.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
i like the game, might wanna proofread the dialogues a bit tho, i noticed some wierd stuff like "Autum, are you like your new room?" when it should be "do you like your new room?" or even more fitting "how do you like your new room?"

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Patreon post ;

What to expect from Deceived "R" version

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well.

Some of you know I released a new update a couple of days ago, different from the original updates. I have to say this first. It's not a new content update if you're wondering. It's just a short demonstration demo of the new gameplay mechanics. (Total of 150 images)

I was planning a whole new gameplay system for a while. A system to give players much more freedom and provide an authentic gaming experience with improved RPG elements. So, I created the "R" version with these ideas.

- New Dialogue System (Selectable questions.)

- New Dice System (Supported by stat system.)

- New Sight Options (For situations like darkness.)

- Inner Voice System (It depends on the dice system. Now you had to listen to your inner voice, too. Following his ideas or not depends on you.)

- New Character Skins (The dullness of the characters' skins is fixed.)

- Memory Points removed (Now, fragments will depend on your max energy level.)

- Adult Content Mode (Now adult contents turn off or on whenever you want from the preference tab.)

- Daily Activities Menu (In development - Mandatory ones and Optional ones)

- New Perk System (In development - It might be choosable at the start or gaining later. My vote goes for the first option for now, but it might be a hybrid system too...)

- The hospital room part is re-created in this update too. (Total of 109 images and 2 animations.)

- Next update will be a new content update. Adapting the entire game to this new system might take some time. I'll focus on this after the next update.

I think that's all for now... With this, we came to the end of this post too.

See you later!

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes