DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
Having never ran a project on Patreon myself idk if I'm missing any obvious glaring issues, it makes sense to keep the link to download visible only to those that support via Patreon/SS, but it does seem (imo anyway) a bit counterintuitive to also make the change log for latest version not visible to prospective non-subscribers that may be on the fence.

As it is currently, you can wet your whistle via the demo to get a good grasp of what you're in for without it costing you anything, but beyond that it's lucky dip with each subsequent release if you're not already a subscriber (thus unaware until you subscribe to see what you're actually in for with the latest release, whichever version that may be at the time).

Sure, someone may see the change log of latest release and go "Yeeeeeah... there's not enough material there yet for me to justify x amount of dollarydoos", but I'd wager for every one person that adopts that mindset there's probably five that'd see "New threesome h-scene?" or "New attack helicopter vehicle" (etc) listed in the change log and go "Shut up and take my money!"

Just my musing out loud. /shrug

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Are you paying the dev on Patreon? Because if not, you sound super demanding.
Well, I sure as shit am not going to pay anything for a game lacking the most basic usability functions... :rolleyes:

EDIT: I fired up Duke Nukem' 3D - Megaton Edition, and launched the Classic version. This opens up the original Duke Nukem 3D running in DOSBOX, giving you the primo 1996 PC gaming experience.

Duke.jpg

Here you can configure the game before launch, including controls. Under the mouse setup, there is the option to invert the Y axis. This is not a weird feature or a strange ask. Rather it is one of the most basic, simple, and expected usability features. It has been a staple of the genre since it's inception. It is not a big ask that a game, let alone an FPS in specific, at a bare minimum includes this base functionality.

Last edited:

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
Is it possible to see what there is in the future updates[...]?
(Same thing)
The Changelogs for the Supporter versions used to be available in the "Changelog" section of the first post. They apparently got removed by Mods Yesterday. I think it was because it might cause confusion about why there is only Version X available when the Changelog of Version Y was already posted.
Usually people that support the game would post the Changelog. I did it with Release 13 a few weeks ago, but removed it again for personal reasons and right now I do not see me posting any Changelogs here anymore.

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
"Super demanding" means wanting a feature that's been available for free for decades?
He is referring to the probable fact that the person making the demand might not (financially) support the development, getting the game for free yet still making demands like he paid for it. You will see it here every now and again.
Well, I sure as shit am not going to pay anything for a game lacking the most basic usability functions... :rolleyes:
[...]
It is not a big ask that a game, let alone an FPS in specific, at a bare minimum includes this base functionality.
You are right, it is a basic quality of life function. And it has yet to be added but this is not the finished game (though a bunch of people writing "reviews" act like it is) and the Dev has stated the quality of life updates will come at some point closer to the end of development. This discussion already came up over half a Year ago, so what you are saying is nothing new and the Dev is aware of this issue. It is just not an priority at this time seeing how he switched the whole game from UE4 to UE5 within 2 Months while not creating any new game breaking bugs in the process.
If this makes the game unplayable for you at this time, then that is how it is but dont expect that the Dev will stop what he is doing just for you. After all, you are not the first one to ask for it and you will certainly not be the last and the Dev will take care of it, when he decides to.

Reactions: max57787

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
He is referring to the probable fact that the person making the demand might not (financially) support the development, getting the game for free yet still making demands like he paid for it. You will see it here every now and again.

You are right, it is a basic quality of life function. And it has yet to be added but this is not the finished game (though a bunch of people writing "reviews" act like it is) and the Dev has stated the quality of life updates will come at some point closer to the end of development. This discussion already came up over half a Year ago, so what you are saying is nothing new and the Dev is aware of this issue. It is just not an priority at this time seeing how he switched the whole game from UE4 to UE5 within 2 Months while not creating any new game breaking bugs in the process.
If this makes the game unplayable for you at this time, then that is how it is but dont expect that the Dev will stop what he is doing just for you. After all, you are not the first one to ask for it and you will certainly not be the last and the Dev will take care of it, when he decides to.
So what you're saying is that the dev has been aware of the problem for ages, and yet still refuses to add in the simplest of features? All of that 'optimization' they were bragging about earlier (something you really should focus on after the game is feature complete and you're no longer adding new content), and they still can't add in this little thing?

That's kinda damning more so than anything else.

Whether or not I've paid for it is immaterial, as if I had paid for this on Steam I'd have immediately demanded a refund. At the end of the day, I don't pay for games I can't play; and the dev swapping engines mid-stream is not an exception to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xhak

mamaboiii

Oct 13, 2018
So what you're saying is that the dev has been aware of the problem for ages, and yet still refuses to add in the simplest of features? All of that 'optimization' they were bragging about earlier (something you really should focus on after the game is feature complete and you're no longer adding new content), and they still can't add in this little thing?

Whether or not I've paid for it is immaterial, as if I had paid for this on Steam I'd have immediately demanded a refund. At the end of the day, I don't pay for games I can't play; and the dev swapping engines mid-stream is not an exception to that.
Before this develops into a lengthy discussion about this, here's my take (because that always helps with (un)necessary discussion topics):
It's not that big of a deal. For you it's a priority, for most people it's not. For the dev it's currently apparently not. Is it easy to implement? No idea, probably. But instead of blowing this minor detail (which it quite fairly is) into something it is not and demanding personal preferences, maybe just wait for things to change. The game is way too early in its development phase to get mad about missing features like that, imo.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021

Then dont play it.

Honestly, I had a whole article written up about how the goal right now is to actually make the game and the Optimization is only so that the current Builds of the game are playable without your Computer dying a fiery death, trying to run it.
But Mamaboii's response was better and less "offensive".

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
Really my only advice is to make enemies more easily recognizable
Why are so many people suddenly thinking that this is a problem?
I dont see problem with that, granted I have (probably) been playing this game far longer then you but it never was a real problem for me. If I got ambushed/ walked up on by the AI it was usually my fault for not paying attention to the game. What is wrong with that? After all, the game is supposed to be more demanding then your usual CoD or Battlefield. I mean, it is fairly obvious that the Game is very Escape from Tarkov and Stalker inspired and those games can be Hell if you do not pay attention.

3.70 star(s) 56 Votes