VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
https://f95zone.to/threads/delta-zone-v16-devolution.86248/post-10680810
There's this crack, use the ReadMe in the folder. But please support the game if you can. I don't want it to be left to die just because the crack came out, there was no crack till v15.1 afaik.
Sucks that this game will most likely die during the peak of it. Lost of interest and energy is a common thing in these games, especially when it's cracked this early. Judging by Devolution's reaction to all of this I doubt we're getting past 0.3, if we even get there.

Stay strong Devolution

SyleraOshino

Apr 4, 2019
So, stumbled across this last night, just poking around the threads, and thought I'd test it out, just to see how it was. Unfortunately, after downloading and unzipping it, it doesn't launch. If I pull up my task manager, I can see the game/bootstrapper launch for a few seconds, then it just shuts itself down.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
So, what exactly the emissions do? So far, they only made Ivy unable to wear skirt (she deequips it automatically). If there were other effects, I failed to notice them.

Jared12345

Oct 2, 2018
Sucks that this game will most likely die during the peak of it. Lost of interest and energy is a common thing in these games, especially when it's cracked this early. Judging by Devolution's reaction to all of this I doubt we're getting past 0.3, if we even get there.

Stay strong Devolution
I think the crack has been fixed. I tried it and couldn't get it to work, could have been me though. I ended up spending the 9 dollars to try the game out and I wasn't disappointed. The dev seems pretty active in the discord, what I have played so far seems like a decent start. My biggest complaint is probably the hardware requirement, you really do need a good setup to play this game with decent graphics.

Reactions: mamaboiii

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
So... where do you actually fucking go?
Am I just stupid, I went to 'Begin Raid' and started wandering around but all I can see is blocked paths everywhere I go. Either it's water filled with monsters, doors that don't open or noxious green gas that I assume marks the lethal boundry of the level.

And two goons who attack you over and over near the entrance of the level.

Am I missing something? Is there somewhere to actually go?

Edit: Used the hoverbike to leap over what appeared to be a boundry wall and now I seem to be in the level proper.
Game seems... pretty much impossibe? Enemies can see you across the map, through foliage, you start off with either no gun or a shit gun, enemies down you in like three bullets.

Even then, I was making progress (by abusing the invincibility cheat) and then the whole zone suddenly went pitch black.

i think it's tring to do a Stalker Anomaly thing (unless my character is hallucinating?) with monster-roars and such in the background... but I can't see.
The game needs the brightness cranking up a notch at the best of times. Whatever visual theme they're going for with this event isn't working. I've got a completely black screen here. I can't do literally anything.

it's not even scary, it's just frustrating. I'm not thinking "I hope the monster doesn't get me." I'm thinking "turn the lights back on, retard, I was in the middle of something."

Last edited:

Jared12345

Oct 2, 2018
I recommend reading the tutorials in base. The games difficulty changes based on how well you do. There are 3 zones and a path that essentially makes a circle through all 3. There is no need to do weird stuff to jump over barriers or go through emission zones. The game is mostly sandbox right now, no quests or tasks. You explore, upgrade your weapon, see a few H-scenes.

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
I think the crack has been fixed. I tried it and couldn't get it to work, could have been me though. I ended up spending the 9 dollars to try the game out and I wasn't disappointed. The dev seems pretty active in the discord, what I have played so far seems like a decent start. My biggest complaint is probably the hardware requirement, you really do need a good setup to play this game with decent graphics.
Actually still works. Use the alternative crack if the other doesn't work.
If only I don't live in a country that gives shit wages and has increasingly high prices. Devolution deserves that 9 dollars

xxdjdjxx

Apr 5, 2021
Am I just stupid, I went to 'Begin Raid' and started wandering around but all I can see is blocked paths everywhere I go. Either it's water filled with monsters, doors that don't open or noxious green gas that I assume marks the lethal boundry of the level.

Edit: Used the hoverbike to leap over what appeared to be a boundry wall and now I seem to be in the level proper.
Game seems... pretty much impossibe? Enemies can see you across the map, through foliage, you start off with either no gun or a shit gun, enemies down you in like three bullets.

Even then, I was making progress (by abusing the invincibility cheat) and then the whole zone suddenly went pitch black.

i think it's tring to do a Stalker Anomaly thing (unless my character is hallucinating?) with monster-roars and such in the background... but I can't see.
The game needs the brightness cranking up a notch at the best of times. Whatever visual theme they're going for with this event isn't working. I've got a completely black screen here. I can't do literally anything.

it's not even scary, it's just frustrating. I'm not thinking "I hope the monster doesn't get me." I'm thinking "turn the lights back on, retard, I was in the middle of something."
There's currently no endgame implemented, so the gameplay loop is basically just Explore, Kill Soldiers, Improve Guns, Sell Items, Return to hideout, repeat. There are two other maps beyond the initial map - Swamps and City Outskirts. The City in City Outskirts is presumably where the end game is going to be, and you can actually get inside the city but there's not much there besides a high level trader right now. Don't stray too far from your hideout until you have upgraded your gun with some decent parts, just keep resetting the raid to make enemies respawn and farm some gear off them. If you find the game too difficult, I find turning the damage multiplier down 10~30% in the game options makes the experience feel a lot more even.

Agree about the darkness in emission zones, but perhaps you're meant to go in there with a good flashlight equipped. Items you find in emission zones tend to be higher quality, so the game says.

The game is a bit overwhelming at first. Reading the in game tutorials really helps though, after a while I found it to be really engaging.

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021

Turn on Easy mode and read the wall. Don't jump into a game you don't know straight into Hard mode then complain you can't progress. Also, enemies can't just "see you across the map", not that hard to understand stealth mechanics; Tarkov has shittier stealth AI and I play it fine.

If you're having trouble with the game, why not play on Easy? Is it ego or do you also bench 405 whenever you go into a gym and complain how you're not getting any gains?

I don't wanna antagonize here but if you're complaining about such a simple thing why not just tone it down?

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
There's currently no endgame implemented, so the gameplay loop is basically just Explore, Kill Soldiers, Improve Guns, Sell Items, Return to hideout, repeat. There are two other maps beyond the initial map - Swamps and City Outskirts. The City in City Outskirts is presumably where the end game is going to be, and you can actually get inside the city but there's not much there besides a high level trader right now. Don't stray too far from your hideout until you have upgraded your gun with some decent parts, just keep resetting the raid to make enemies respawn and farm some gear off them. If you find the game too difficult, I find turning the damage multiplier down 10~30% in the game options makes the experience feel a lot more even.

Agree about the darkness in emission zones, but perhaps you're meant to go in there with a good flashlight equipped. Items you find in emission zones tend to be higher quality, so the game says.

The game is a bit overwhelming at first. Reading the in game tutorials really helps though, after a while I found it to be really engaging.
On my hardcore run I went into the emission zone right after visiting trader with guns from the raiders nearby. It's an easy profit if you know how the game is supposed to work.

It just seems like this game is getting it's own Cuphead-Journalist Syndrome; people who can't use more than 4 brain cells complain things are too hard.

Reactions: Vidust and Jackapp

Mrscratsch

Jul 23, 2018
On my hardcore run I went into the emission zone right after visiting trader with guns from the raiders nearby. It's an easy profit if you know how the game is supposed to work.

It just seems like this game is getting it's own Cuphead-Journalist Syndrome; people who can't use more than 4 brain cells complain things are too hard.
People also forget that, yes the Corpo guards are strong but, you need to outmaneuver them due to their fat armor and really good head protection due to their helmet but I just rush towards them or wait around a corner after intentionally making noise and then just shock them once so that they collapse, once they are down I shoot them in the nuts to end them.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
There's currently no endgame implemented, so the gameplay loop is basically just Explore
I wasn't talking about endgame.
I walked out of the start-point, found three dead-ends and a wall of green gas that I assumed would kill me, couldn't work out where to go.

Eventually got back on the hover-bike and yeeted myself over a cliff to get onto some kind of traintrack, got into a gunfight, started exploring a warehouse(?) then everything went dark and I couldn't see shit.

Either the day/night cycle is completely out of wack, or I got some kind of monster/anomaly event that made it impossible to see or continue playing.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Turn on Easy mode and read the wall. Don't jump into a game you don't know straight into Hard mode then complain you can't progress. Also, enemies can't just "see you across the map", not that hard to understand stealth mechanics; Tarkov has shittier stealth AI and I play it fine.
I'd be more inclined to do that if the tutorials weren';t such shit.

Awful implementation. Raise the text size by at least two points, use formatting. Stop hurling a dozen walls of text at people in 0.5 fontsize.
Make it readable, make it make sense.

Also, even reading the tutorials doesn't actually tell you shit that you need to know.

Edit: Plus, a lot of shit just doesn't work.
The lighting is wack, the foliage is wack. Crouching doesn't actually crouch (in first person your vision dips, but in third nothing happens)
Your shoes explode off after about 20 steps, occasionally your character just stops sprinting for no reason? Enemies can detect you through walls, the map is frankly garbage (both the level layout and the actual in-game map that's unreadable)

There's a diffrence between making a game that's 'realistic and difficult' and just making some shit that's unplayable due to jank implementation.
It's obvious that the dev wants to make Escape From Sex Tarkov, but mechanically there's way too much complexity and not enough actual playability.

You've got subsystems upon subsystems that only serve to the game harder and less accessible, stacked onto a jank alpha-build that's barely playble at the best of times.

All set to the background noise of my computer's fans screaming at max speed because the game runs worse than anything I've ever played.
Even CP2077 with the ray-tracing on didn't do that.

Last edited:

syslink

Jun 9, 2019
I'd be more inclined to do that if the tutorials weren';t such shit.

Awful implementation. Raise the text size by at least two points, use formatting. Stop hurling a dozen walls of text at people in 0.5 fontsize.

Also, even reading the tutorials doesn't actually tell you shit that you need to know.

Edit: Plus, a lot of shit just doesn't work.
The lighting is wack, the foliage is wack. Crouching doesn't actually crouch (in first person your vision dips, but in third nothing happens)
Your shoes explode off after about 20 steps, occasionally your character just stops sprinting for no reason? Enemies can detect you through walls, the map is frankly garbage (both the level layout and the actual in-game map that's unreadable)

There's a diffrence between making a game that's 'realistic and difficult' and just making some shit that's unplayable due to jank implementation.
It's obvious that the dev wants to make Escape From Sex Tarkov, but mechanically there's way too much complexity and not enough actual playability.

You've got subsystems upon subsystems that only serve to the game harder and less accessible, stacked onto a jank alpha-build that's barely playble at the best of times.

All set to the background noise of my computer's fans screaming at max speed because the game runs worse than anything I've ever played.
I had the same experience on a weak pc. I had to upgrade my pc for $3,054.68+ as immediately the game began to fly in 60+ fps on all ultra settings. no complaints about the graphics.
But as a person for whom the English language is poorly familiar, navigated mainly by videos on YouTube, which are in every manual.
there is a third person is not for a shooter, and stupid h-scenes
and video tutorials on youtube, you can also watch separately outside the game to understand approximately what is going on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but to be honest from the instructions I think I've only looked at modding weapons a little bit and it seems to be something to do with third party.
so the whole complexity is in the control) you need to press middle mouse button and at the bottom there will be hints that the keys Q or something like that switches the laser -_- which is not written in the N control.

Last edited:

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
Game is work in progress, most thing can still be subject to change. Those Tutorials are just there to make it easier for people to get started and most where made Years ago. They will probably get reworked/ replaced later, but they are still doing their job just fine, so its not a priority. Also, if the (massive) font size is a problem for you, then you might need to go have your eyes checked.
Crouching doesn't actually crouch (in first person your vision dips, but in third nothing happens)
You are playing a First Person Shooter, not a Third person Shooter. The third person view is there just for aesthetics. Yes you can run around with it, but you are not supposed to use it all the time.
Your shoes explode off after about 20 steps, occasionally your character just stops sprinting for no reason?
When you run through bushes, you will hear a ripping sound. That is (all) your clothes getting tangled and ripped up by the branches. Slow down and walk around bushes not through them, this will make you clothes stay on your body for longer. Also, your clothes ans shoes are acting a armour and will get damaged when you get shot.
On the subject of sprinting, you probably ran into a bush and got slowed down by it.
Enemies can detect you through walls
The enemies in this game are not as dump as you think. If they see you go behind a wall they will expect you to get back out either at the spot where they lost sight of you or the closest opening to said spot. They will also hear you moving, if you are to loud, and if you have a laser (that is on) on your gun then they will use that to estimate your location, when they are able to see it for a certain amount of time.

Again, the game is still in Development. A lot of things are currently getting added to then be fine tuned at a later stage. If it is to complex for you then please move on, this type of game is clearly nothing for you.

Say it with me kids: The game is still in active development! It is set up to take as much processing power as possible to achieve around 120 fps. If you do not like the noise, then turn down the graphics and Resolution.
It should actually be really obvious why this one man project is NOT optimized to the point of a game that is already finished and took a whole well known studio 174 million US Dollars and over 9 years to make.
People need to stop comparing a work in progress games performance to a game that has already been out for over 3 and a half years.
Also, when did Cyberpunk become the benchmark for how powerful your PC is?
Better tell me how many frames you are getting on a full Arma 3 Server. That is where you will see the real power of your Rig.

syslink

Jun 9, 2019
The enemies in this game are not as dump as you think. If they see you go behind a wall they will expect you to get back out either at the spot where they lost sight of you or the closest opening to said spot. They will also hear you moving, if you are to loud, and if you have a laser (that is on) on your gun then they will use that to estimate your location, when they are able to see it for a certain amount of time
even standing on the other side of the map on top of a mountain, enemies will see you 20km away and start shooting in the air and running around in circles.
the problem is that they are always see you and get aggro and are never mistaken that it's the player and not their companion. random noise of nature
the atmosphere breaks as soon as they start shooting from nowhere and they always shoot presumably at you.

Last edited:

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
even standing on the other side of the map on top of a mountain, enemies will see you 20km away and start shooting in the air and running around in circles.
Maybe, just maybe, that is because you are, oh I dont know, standing on top of a mountain? Skylining is a thing, you know.
First off:
There are no such long distances in the game and I know that it is a figure of speech, but it does paint a false picture here. The maps in this game are not that big, the most extreme distances would be around 2km and that is only if you where to cut down all the trees and flatten the Terrain.
Secondly:
There is AI that can (Just like the player) make use of the scopes on their guns to spot and shoot at long distances.
That is what we call a Sniper.
Lastly:
Yes they will start running in circles because you (according to your own description of the situation) just glitched your way up a mountain that you should not be on so their pathing gets screwed by it.
the problem is that they are always see you and get aggro and are never mistaken that it's the player and not their companion. random noise of nature
Yeah, I have no Idea how they are so fast to correctly Identify you...
I mean, you are just playing the only Female person running around a map filled with only Guys...:FacePalm:
the atmosphere breaks as soon as they start shooting from nowhere and they always shoot presumably at you.
Yeah, guns tend to do that you know. Its kinda their thing, being loud and stuff.
Also, is it not it the point of a First person Shooter that the enemy shoots at you, once they have spottend you? You know, its kinda what makes those games exiting.
But if you do not want that then I can recommend you a game that will surely fit your view of the FPS genre.
The game is called Duck Hunt.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes