Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
I am definetly able to afford the price for the game "sub" as well, i even was subbed for 2 months i believe, but i canceled when i saw how slow the progress was.

It's a good game, probably one of the rare good ones because it has actual functional gameplay and mechanics when the average 3D pron game is usually lacking in thoses aspects, but even then it feels way too much to pay 10 bucks per month when it's not even guaranteed that you will get an update during said month.

I will gladly buy the game at full price once it's finished, if it ever is, but up until that happens i'll just stay on cracked versions.
I also do not support the whole DRM and "no sexo free version" because i find it pretty stupid, especially when other games don't go that far and instead just give you an older version for free instead without censoring anything, and i also just do not support DRM's in general because they're a plague in the videogame world.

But at the end of the day it is their game and they're free to do whatever.
Most devs are going to tell you to not sub if you can't afford it and just play the public/pirate version. Dev, while did add a DRM, he doesn't seem to care people cracked it. I told him when and how and he doesn't do anything about it. I choose to support this game and one other because the genre, gameplay and has the right fetishes I look for in a game. This game will be everything I want, and I really want it to succeed. If I get taken for a ride. That's on me and its the cost of WoW sub that I never play anymore. Not much loss.

And I get the "Buy when done". I been that way for Future Fragments and Subverse, Games that seem flushed out and polished, but not 100% up my alley either. Ones I never support in-development, but "If they deliver, I'll consider".

As for Delta getting done anytime in a meaningful pace is up in the air. What its really going to come down to is if this animator pops off or fails. I always expect the worse when it comes to our types of games though, but.. I hope for the best.

baklijkeee

Jun 3, 2017
Just downloaded and played v16, overall almost same game (much worse map (most serious problem imo), worse gun shots as far as I found, some textures bugs (mb only my personal issues)
But you get every paid benefit from start (weather control, character unlocking and editing, you can even set traders to sell everything possible in one piece)
so if you tired with all that deleting stuff and etc, v16 works fine

biktori408

Apr 2, 2018
The issue is that he is a lone dev and takes a shit ton of time before he releases an 'update'. You wanna spend 10 dollars every month for that?
As i stated above ;
1.Game is in very very early development.
2.He is alone as it makes hard to progress solo.
3.He is making quality Game where you can have unique experience....not just a copy of Cheap ass Game where you log in do some NSFW and log out.
10$ in 1 year is 120$. Its nothing compared to AAA Titles Games that cost around 60$.
Still its up to people to support him but all the reasons i stated above i would gladly helped him.
He never lied nor decived his community thats a huge bonus for such indie devs.

Reactions: Mordona

ThatGuy82

Jan 20, 2021
As i stated above ;
3.He is making quality Game where you can have unique experience....not just a copy of Cheap ass Game where you log in do some NSFW and log out.
10$ in 1 year is 120$. Its nothing compared to AAA Titles Games that cost around 60$.
Still its up to people to support him but all the reasons i stated above i would gladly helped him.
While I agree with a lot of what you said, I do want to point out a few things.

Firstly: the Patreon specifically states that the "Standard Class" tier offers "Early Access to latest Monthly fully uncensored builds" and "Access to latest experimental nsfw features" which, judging from the Patreon releases, is factually untrue. You get access to tri-monthly builds. As for the secondary membership reward, I'll be optimistic and assume that's either talking about what is added to the builds, and/or there's stuff in Discord just talking through the epxerimental features and asking for feedback.

Next: The game has been in development since mid 2020, and by summer 2021 it had its first playable demo. Since around the end of 2021, each release has had very small changes/additions; much less than you'd expect a single person to be able to do if they were working 20+ hours per week.

Yes, there's been quite a few major "under the hood" changes that would take a long time to implement, which slowed things down a bit, but to be honest: the state of the game now vs a year and a half ago is lacking in notable changes. Sure, there likely are multiple maps in development which we've never seen, and each update tends to change the tech demo maps around a bit, but the rate at which the shown progress indicates, plus a bit of guesswork about how much stuff is being worked on which isn't in the demo releases; when compared to the current roadmap: This game likely won't be reaching it's full release for another 5-6 years or more. That's assuming the game doesn't get bigger than the current roadmap has planned and doesn't ever run into any hiccups along the way.

All in all though, the tech demos have been pretty promising, and shows that Devolution is indeed a capable developer. The only major things to consider is that the work being done is at a rate much slower than a full-time solo dev could do, and the Patreon tiers' descriptions imply a faster release schedule than has historically been happening. Understandably, they aren't actually making bank (contrary to what a lot of people think), and as such likely have a part-time job in order to pay living expensives, which would impact development time.

Elminzter

Oct 18, 2018

Firstly: the Patreon specifically states that the "Standard Class" tier offers "Early Access to latest Monthly fully uncensored builds" and "Access to latest experimental nsfw features" which, judging from the Patreon releases, is factually untrue. You get access to tri-monthly builds. As for the secondary membership reward, I'll be optimistic and assume that's either talking about what is added to the builds, and/or there's stuff in Discord just talking through the epxerimental features and asking for feedback.

Next: The game has been in development since mid 2020, and by summer 2021 it had its first playable demo. Since around the end of 2021, each release has had very small changes/additions; much less than you'd expect a single person to be able to do if they were working 20+ hours per week.

Yes, there's been quite a few major "under the hood" changes that would take a long time to implement, which slowed things down a bit, but to be honest: the state of the game now vs a year and a half ago is lacking in notable changes. Sure, there likely are multiple maps in development which we've never seen, and each update tends to change the tech demo maps around a bit, but the rate at which the shown progress indicates, plus a bit of guesswork about how much stuff is being worked on which isn't in the demo releases; when compared to the current roadmap: This game likely won't be reaching it's full release for another 5-6 years or more. That's assuming the game doesn't get bigger than the current roadmap has planned and doesn't ever run into any hiccups along the way.

All in all though, the tech demos have been pretty promising, and shows that Devolution is indeed a capable developer. The only major things to consider is that the work being done is at a rate much slower than a full-time solo dev could do, and the Patreon tiers' descriptions imply a faster release schedule than has historically been happening. Understandably, they aren't actually making bank (contrary to what a lot of people think), and as such likely have a part-time job in order to pay living expensives, which would impact development time.
idk but from common sense and a development prospective, isnt it easier to create all the core elements instead of what is happening little tweaks here and there to appear as progress... what has happened between v16-v18 are just tweaks nothing major to look forward...if the main theme is an fps shooter, create more npc mobs with interesting game mechanics... instead we have some little tweaks to ivy..., i mean ivy is fine for now.. its the gameplay mechanics which needed the most focus aside from more animations which getting an animator to work on and its should not be top priority for now..., at the rate of development the game will be stuck in endless development tweaks lasting for years and years.... without the main core gameplay mechanics being worked on...... that is where the major problem lies with this monthly sub model it's at a place where anyone with some common sense could see its just a game of milking the innocence/naive/etc....

GreatestDerp

Feb 22, 2018
As i stated above ;
Just as someone pointed out before. 9 MONTHS of 'production' =

1 H animation

The game being completely locked.

A bigger map, rlly? With the asset copying he has done from the beginning i can't even play the game on ultra anymore.

Some visual changes :PogChamp::PogChamp::PogChamp:

You wanna pay 90 dollars for that? :WaitWhat:

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
so you need to delete your save file always before launching the game?
These are not files linked to your backup. You can delete them without fear. However, if this solution doesn't work despite you having followed all the steps correctly, and even after deleting these files....
- only one solution remains, and it's the least pleasant: delete your backup every time.

I hope that the person who created the crack will make changes to improve and prevent having to do this every time.

Elminzter

Oct 18, 2018
These are not files linked to your backup. You can delete them without fear. However, if this solution doesn't work despite you having followed all the steps correctly, and even after deleting these files....
- only one solution remains, and it's the least pleasant: delete your backup every time.

I hope that the person who created the crack will make changes to improve and prevent having to do this every time.
i think u are missing the point no crack will work short of hacking the online authentication which noone wants to do as it means doing it for every new version..., if u understand how the drm works it reference the developers online user database to authenticate if u are a subscriber or a free loader.... lucky for us on first start up the save file doesnt store anything but after that the save file stores everything the v16 are smaller vs v18 save files which is larger.. which explains why u always need to delete the old save to get the system to reset back to the initial startup state, therefore block outgoing traffic from this game works as the developer has not yet implemented advance checks to verify incoming and outgoing handshaking etc...

Reactions: Tomoushie

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017

Yes, it used to be that way back when Dev was active here and it was easier for him to punch out builds faster because the systems were more simple. Things got a lot more complex now that those foundation systems are in place and making new content is taking in a lot more detail and complexity. If you weigh it against many older builds, we are getting more, just not as often. Yes, there are discord only sections for delta and investor tier their their input is separated. Also, he's a teacher/professor in some school where he is recruiting this future animator. I believe that has to be a full-time job which honestly makes even what he does that more impressive.

idk but from common sense and a development prospective, isnt it easier to create all the core elements instead of what is happening little tweaks here and there to appear as progress... what has happened between v16-v18 are just tweaks nothing major to look forward...if the main theme is an fps shooter, create more npc mobs with interesting game mechanics... instead we have some little tweaks to ivy..., i mean ivy is fine for now.. its the gameplay mechanics which needed the most focus aside from more animations which getting an animator to work on and its should not be top priority for now..., at the rate of development the game will be stuck in endless development tweaks lasting for years and years.... without the main core gameplay mechanics being worked on...... that is where the major problem lies with this monthly sub model it's at a place where anyone with some common sense could see its just a game of milking the innocence/naive/etc....
A lot of those core systems have been put in place and now we are in that phase were we are fixing those bugs and balancing out as we mass test this with feedback. There are a few more systems that need to be put in place, but they are more secondary systems that are not dependent as what's in now. Least from what I gather. I might know things, but don't ever take anything I say as gospel for Delta Zone.

Elminzter

Oct 18, 2018
Yes, it used to be that way back when Dev was active here and it was easier for him to punch out builds faster because the systems were more simple. Things got a lot more complex now that those foundation systems are in place and making new content is taking in a lot more detail and complexity. If you weigh it against many older builds, we are getting more, just not as often. Yes, there are discord only sections for delta and investor tier their their input is separated. Also, he's a teacher/professor in some school where he is recruiting this future animator. I believe that has to be a full-time job which honestly makes even what he does that more impressive.

A lot of those core systems have been put in place and now we are in that phase were we are fixing those bugs and balancing out as we mass test this with feedback. There are a few more systems that need to be put in place, but they are more secondary systems that are not dependent as what's in now. Least from what I gather. I might know things, but don't ever take anything I say as gospel for Delta Zone.
mass test with feedback, thats where u lost me mate, isnt it better to rollout a playable enjoyable game with fps game mechanics first since not having an animator is holding back having more animations, but really what is more important at this stage, is getting a fun playable game with challenging npc/ai etc.. which its not clearly even close to at v18..., having more players means MORE feedback.. but trying to prevent freeloaders at this so very early stage.. I am really sorry but my intuition is telling me that this is just to get more cash from having sponors/backers.... take note free loaders in this stage helps iron out bugs and problems.... idk but at the end of the day it's the developers choice what to focus on....my 2 cents...

Elminzter

Oct 18, 2018
Blocking the out going connection prevents the game from working for me, the game errors and says it cant connect.
delete the save game and make sure u install the crack file or just read what was posting earlier just scroll up.... when u start without any save game the crack works..., unfortunately, after that the save game doesnt work anymore as information is stored in save game.. so u need to delete save game to play.. fresh start always....

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
delete the save game and make sure u install the crack file or just read what was posting earlier just scroll up.... when u start without any save game the crack works..., unfortunately, after that the save game doesnt work anymore as information is stored in save game.. so u need to delete save game to play.. fresh start always....
This bit of information ought to be pinned. Thanks.

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
mass test with feedback, thats where u lost me mate, isnt it better to rollout a playable enjoyable game with fps game mechanics first since not having an animator is holding back having more animations, but really what is more important at this stage, is getting a fun playable game with challenging npc/ai etc.. which its not clearly even close to at v18..., having more players means MORE feedback.. but trying to prevent freeloaders at this so very early stage.. I am really sorry but my intuition is telling me that this is just to get more cash from having sponors/backers.... take note free loaders in this stage helps iron out bugs and problems.... idk but at the end of the day it's the developers choice what to focus on....my 2 cents...
I mean your not wrong, but at the same time how does one person (or a team of devs for that matter) find every bug? They don't. Every game that goes out, alpha or beta or hell, even full releases have bugs that the masses will flush out. This game isn't in the late stages, its still in its early development. So he is playing a balance game, some testing of new tech. Some flushed out designs, some polishing, some debugging, and when he can an animation. Same for the backers argument, its all a balancing act. Yes, more might be get you more testing, but at the same time when you tack on free, your quality of reports goes down.

Wild Life.. I think that game develops based on your ideal. They use a mass pool of feedback. They polish all those little ideas from the last release and then add 8-16 more animations. Its pretty awesome they can even do that, I watched the animator streams and its pretty amazing how fast they can chug out a animation. But to my view and opinion, the gameplay in that game uttery sucks. Everything but the animations feels clunky, basic and unpolished. How long has that game be in its alpha stages and still feels like its gotten no where but a glorified gallery? Then again I'm sure a lot of fuckers love that, and that's their opinion. I just personally like games that are in balance.

Sir Tibbs

Nov 10, 2019
I deleted the files as well, but trying to change the connection settings prevents the game from starting.
I went back and forth trying to figure it out for a couple hours, but between trying to delete individual files and change individual settings, the only thing that stopped the game from working was the connection settings.

If i delete the files, but leave the connections settings alone, the game/crack works.

Odd realization though, I didnt have this issue with previous versions of the game/crack. They always just worked without me changing or deleting anything.

Elminzter

Oct 18, 2018
I deleted the files as well, but trying to change the connection settings prevents the game from starting.
I went back and forth trying to figure it out for a couple hours, but between trying to delete individual files and change individual settings, the only thing that stopped the game from working was the connection settings.

If i delete the files, but leave the connections settings alone, the game/crack works.

Odd realization though, I didnt have this issue with previous versions of the game/crack. They always just worked without me changing or deleting anything.
this is because the game DRM is at the developers server site which stores all subscribers id..., the cracks works due to a logic error on the developers code or a loop hole, that is the reason why outgoing traffic has to be blocked, but once u save the game the code detects that that save with the crack2 userid is invalid hence the save game is now invalid, note all subscribers user id is stored at the developers end..noone wants to patch this every 3 months ... just be thankful that there is at the very least a way to bypass the drm for now... the next version this will be patched out too...fyi

Reactions: Sir Tibbs

Killbus

Sep 9, 2021
Seems like there's just no point in playing it at all if it's gonna be such a pain to test out. It's completely fine to do whatever he wants with it, but it's definitely gonna dissuade more people from wanting to fork it over for a game that fights them for a preview then if there was just limited content or bonus supporter content. Same problem with other non-nsfw games where the playtest experience is ruined by having to fight the game instead of getting a legitimate preview or demo. Whatever he wants to do IG. I know I wont be bothering to check on it anymore. Too bad it looks fun

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Seems like there's just no point in playing it at all if it's gonna be such a pain to test out. It's completely fine to do whatever he wants with it, but it's definitely gonna dissuade more people from wanting to fork it over for a game that fights them for a preview then if there was just limited content or bonus supporter content. Same problem with other non-nsfw games where the playtest experience is ruined by having to fight the game instead of getting a legitimate preview or demo. Whatever he wants to do IG. I know I wont be bothering to check on it anymore. Too bad it looks fun
My suggestion isn't for you but others. Maybe treat the next person that takes a swing at cracking like a hero rather than a fuckup.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
I do understand the frustration with Patreon. It does incentivize to prolong projects. We seen this time and time again with many projects based from that system. On the other hand, it does allow small times with no investors to get off the ground and develop a project. Its far easier to find investment when one only needs to give $1-10 USD worth. Rather than thousands in upstart or sponsorships that curate your project. Itch is nice, and it far benefits the consumer since there is a single time fee, but that also doesn't incentive the producer as much, nor does it create a stable income so one can focus on their project. Even steam is nice and usually guarantees a good income on release, but it to also curates your content.

There is no perfect system for indy devs. At least we have options in the day and age.
Technically this only applies to indie devs that do porn games. All other devs have to find income from other sources, such as publishers, crowdfunding, or financing from the sales of previous games. Its only porn devs that can take advantage of Patreon for consistent funding.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
My suggestion isn't for you but others. Maybe treat the next person that takes a swing at cracking like a hero rather than a fuckup.
If the game was fine without cheats, no one would be bitching about the lack of investor tier. I personally can't play without unlimited ammo and godmode on, as the AI cheats too much, even on easiest difficulty and ammo is too scarce in the early game.

And I don't see people as fuckups for not being able to provide investor tier. Rather that blame falls on the developer for forcing this online DRM. If there was no online DRM, the original crack would be functional. So maybe people should redirect their anger on the one actually responsible... is that your suggestion?

Reactions: zorg19
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes