GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I'll message them about removing it now. Also, I'm starting to think a walkthrough for v.0.03 might actually be a good idea... Right now there's plenty of content one can theoretically miss, and no way to know you did.

-Coding Guy

Last edited:

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I'll message them about removing it now. Also, I'm starting to think a walkthrough for v.0.03 might actually be a good idea... Right now there's plenty of content one can theoretically miss, and no way to know you did.

-Coding Guy
Yeah...speaking of content, I know we're not on a regulated schedule like some of these other games that come out monthly or every 2 months. We're trying, we really are. It's just the two of us though. I do hope that the amount of content you guys get in an update makes up for the lack of a regular schedule. From other games, I know it's disheartening when they either don't have a schedule or they're delayed from the scheduled release only to get it and be like 'You took that long for this?' I know some have seen Code Guy put up 4 of 6 scenes or 5 of 6 and you might go '6 scenes doesn't really seem like a lot...but we do pack a lot in each one. And up to this point, I've only been using 1 computer for all the rendering and animations. I did recently get a second machine, so hopefully it'll go a little quicker.

So I just wanted to put that out there. I know it's a few months between updates and that's a turnoff to some. I get it. I'm hoping the tradeoff for more content is at least acceptable. A lot games average 300 stand alone renders per update.....We've done more than that or close to it for a few scenes already.

Again, just wanted to let you guys know we're thinking about the gaps between updates and we get it. We're hoping to speed it up some. At least seeing us active on here lets you know we're around and doing our thing.

ReturnofPoncho

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
As to the delay between updates - I would rather have a long update every 3-4 months than a short update every month. That said I know you have also been updating the render of Leah while working on the new stuff.

Overall though I am a quality over quantity person. The fact that you are active on here does help with the delay. Hope we get quite a bit of story in the next update.
Oh, certainly a lot of story and taking things in different directions....so hopefully everyone will like it.

ReturnofPoncho

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Well......after messing with filament from Daz......I'll still be using iray until they fix that garbage.....rendering instantly is cool...but with no detail and no control of lighting.....no thanks....maybe they'll get it right one day...then maybe....

ReturnofPoncho

Reactions: MrFriendly

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Or Happy Thursday to those of you who don't live in the States.

Just a heads up on progress so far: we've finished writing and coding the script for this update. It's done. No more to write, woohoo. That just leaves me with prepping the music and sound effects while ReturnOfPoncho finishes the last batch of renders and animation, followed by some polish and bug testing. It's been a long dev cycle, but we're finally in the home stretch.

-Coding Guy

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
That talk with detective Harris and her info on the MC felt sort of weird/sketchy.
Very curious coincidence of an undesirable subject for her to touch upon.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Might be seeing to much, or not. But a peculiar pattern that makes me suspicious.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Hey guys.....just wanted to check in since I haven't for a bit (this is ReturnofPoncho)......We're chugging along. We are almost done. The rendering for this final scene has taken a longer than I had hoped piled on with some computer issues along the way(and new machine not really liking daz and still trying to workout a setting that works on that machine so I can use it at the sametime as my main rendering rig) and the fact that I probably got a little ambitious for the final scene of this update. We were kinda hoping to have this update either done by Dec 1st or shortly after. So I want to apologize on that and hope you guys understand. I know not being on a consistent schedule hurts us, but I'd rather make sure something looks good and feels right than to put out something sub quality. We learned our lesson with the original release and don't want to travel down that road again. I for one also like content....a lot of games have a schedule but a lot of the updates are just little content and don't push the story along. So I just want to say thank you for being patient with us and wanting to rip our heads off, lol.

A question I do have for you guys.....while it won't be done this update or the next one(there are a few things that need to be finished up before it happens) but would you mind us dropping the Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 etc standard we kinda set? Since I've been getting deeper into writing, I think doing that routine will restrict things. I just want to know opinions on that?

Anyway guys, thank you again.......ReturnofPoncho

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
Personally, I have no issue with doing shorter time periods or longer ones if it advances the story. If you're trying to put a huge amount of story into a particularly busy day, I think it would be great to have it divided into multiple updates. That might just be me being greedy for more of this game though...

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Cool deal. That was what I wanted to know really for the timeline. I was pretty much thinking the same as MrFriendly, drop the day 1 day 2 etc but mention within the dialogue how much time has passed.

Some of the issues I'm running into that's also making this update seem like it's taking forever is technical stuff with either programs or computers or both. When I get one thing situated, the other starts problems. Then Daz puts out an update and it screwed up all of my settings to where what I had that was working wasn't working anymore.

As for breaking it up, I'm not a huge fan of that. T4bbo was a big influence on me to start my own game, but one of the things that always annoyed me with his stuff is he would put something out there regardless if something was finished or not. He would try here and there, but then a lot of his backers would give him hell for not hitting his deadline and then bitch even more if he did hit it but it was unfinished...or the few times where he did take extra time and still under delivered. It's something I want to avoid because he lost a lot of backers on his patreon because of that(Not that we're lighting the world on fire with backers of our own on patreon, lol), but I'd rather have people go 'they don't have a set schedule, but when they drop stuff, it has content'. I can live with that even if a few might not like that we have never really set a schedule. Hopefully one day if I can get the technical stuff not giving me a headache almost every other day, lol.

Anyways guys, thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

ReturnofPoncho

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Internal play tests on 0.03 have begun, in which I discover all the ways I can make Ren'Py crash! Fun times, although honestly things are going smoother than expected thus far. Poncho is still working on the last batch of renders, but we're hoping to have the game ready to go out the door as soon as possible after he finishes.

One change of plans, however - we will NOT be adding the option to start from new content. Quite frankly, the game tracks too many variables and there are too many possible outcomes to make that work without it all being a hot mess. Instead, we'll provide you with a couple save files. Both will be parked one click away from Day 3, but one will be Nice Guy mode and the other Total Douchebag. These should allow you to play through and see most of the new content, though you'll need to start from scratch if you're the sort of completionist who wants to see every possible line of dialogue.

-Coding Guy

Reactions: hatefuldisplay

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
Happy holidays, guys! Hope everything is moving along nicely for you, as I am very much looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

It's a bit annoying that your game has a few less than honorable mentions floating around on this site for "ripping off a better known game." By that, I just mean that some folks don't understand the concept of Daz3D Studio assets and think you stole the hairstyle for the woman with the serious amount of tattoo work briefly shown in the warehouse scene. On a side note, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her show up and what type of personality you give her.

Keep up the great work!

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
That's kind of a bizarre point to be complaining about o_O If anything, I'm actually pretty proud about the fact that most of our character models have gone through serious modification before getting used. If someone's pissed off we reused a hairstyle someone else already used... Well, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Progress is still under way. At this point, I believe most of what remains is a few final animations (but you'd have to confirm with Poncho about that).

My Christmas was pretty solid. No big drama explosions, quality eats, and only one COVID scare (that turned out negative, thankfully). Here's hoping yours was just as nice!

-Coding Guy

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Happy holidays, guys! Hope everything is moving along nicely for you, as I am very much looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

It's a bit annoying that your game has a few less than honorable mentions floating around on this site for "ripping off a better known game." By that, I just mean that some folks don't understand the concept of Daz3D Studio assets and think you stole the hairstyle for the woman with the serious amount of tattoo work briefly shown in the warehouse scene. On a side note, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her show up and what type of personality you give her.

Keep up the great work!
What character are they claiming I "stole" it from? Lol.....well, if they think I stole anything then they're morons. Especially when you can open up so many other games and see the same thing from other games....so whomever is bitching about that can go get laid or something.....well, if they're complaining about the same hair a character has in a different game.....they probably aren't. I haven't seen anything here on this thread but if you see someone complaining about it, point them my way because if I chose the same hair, it's only be coincidence.....especially since that character Charlene has been created in her current form for about 2yrs now or a little more. Like you said with the Daz3d assets.......If anything, people can complain that I use the character Jessica as an easter egg....then I can get that....but she wasn't even first used by T4bbo. I'm so over people getting butthurt on here by inconsequential bs. I have no clue if they mean to be malicious behind any of it, but it's just so stupid to even bitch about. Oh well, I suppose.

As for the game, I'm actually working on the edits now for the final renders of this update. Just have to do 2....maybe 3 animations (Thanks to Code Guy on that one) and then it's a wrap on my end.

I hope you and everyone else out there had a good holiday and got a much needed break from the craziness that is 2020, lol. Hopefully things can just chill out now.....Hopefully, lol.

ReturnofPoncho

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
I'm certain I've seen the same hairstyle used in no less than 4 other games and I would guess that it has seen a lot more circulation than those three alone. It really is a great asset and I definitely don't fault anyone for wanting to use it. For some reason, they were called out for ripping off Quinn from Being a DIK. I can only assume that it is because that game is where it was first seen by a lot of players due to the popularity of the developer.

People will complain on forums no matter how much they like a game. Some of the most popular games discussed in this forum have been trashed over recent updates to include one scene in which (Gasp!) the MC is pushed into a threesome of foursome with three hot women.

I honestly didn't mean to get you guys down about this at all and was more looking to keep discussions rolling on your game's thread to get it more attention, which it obviously deserves in my opinion.

Now that I've suckered you into revealing the name of my upcoming favorite character, I feel I have accomplished more than I set out to.

Cheers!

Reactions: GraphicusRex

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I'm certain I've seen the same hairstyle used in no less than 4 other games and I would guess that it has seen a lot more circulation than those three alone. It really is a great asset and I definitely don't fault anyone for wanting to use it. For some reason, they were called out for ripping off Quinn from Being a DIK. I can only assume that it is because that game is where it was first seen by a lot of players due to the popularity of the developer.

People will complain on forums no matter how much they like a game. Some of the most popular games discussed in this forum have been trashed over recent updates to include one scene in which (Gasp!) the MC is pushed into a threesome of foursome with three hot women.

I honestly didn't mean to get you guys down about this at all and was more looking to keep discussions rolling on your game's thread to get it more attention, which it obviously deserves in my opinion.

Now that I've suckered you into revealing the name of my upcoming favorite character, I feel I have accomplished more than I set out to.

Cheers!
Oh, it's all good. I haven't played a lot of these kinds of games...only a handful and I can't even recall if I've even heard of the one you mentioned. You are totally right about the hairstyle.....if I'm not mistaken, doesn't PhillyGames use the same on one of his characters in City of Broken Dreamers? That's where I remember seeing the hairstyle after I had already created the character. It was no big deal to me when I saw it...for one, I don't think we had released yet anyways...but I remember thinking if he picked the hairstyle, I must be doing something right cause a lot of people seem to like what he does, lol. What's funny is that she really was a throw away character. Just meant to spice up that first scene than just seeing a bunch of bums. You and a few others have mentioned her and kinda convinced me to giver her a bigger part. Which I'm glad cause it was unexpected and took me in a totally different direction than where I was going. You can ask CodeGuy, I can be stubborn at times because maybe I'm just being impatient with things or something, but I'm open to suggestions and ideas. Can't say for sure I'll use them, but I'll at least think about it. That masturbation animation at the end of the second update, I would have never even thought about doing it until Codeguy suggested it...then I went above and beyond what even he envisioned(I'm proud of the animation, just wish I didn't make her legs move so much.....That was my very first animation I did totally from scratch in Daz).

And no problem about keeping the discussion rolling. I appreciate it. I try to do it as well just so we're visible and people know we're active. It's been a long few months and with this stuff, since there are so many creators, it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. I very much appreciate it. Keep it coming :)

As for her name.......until you said it, I hadn't even realized I hadn't unveiled the name yet, lol. Oops...well, Merry Christmas then? lol. You should know, she does happen to feature quite a bit in this update.

ReturnofPoncho

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Assuming Poncho's computer doesn't shit out on him, the last animation should be done tonight.

I've just finished my first bug hunt play through and found surprisingly few disasters to fix along the way. Go me.

Holy shit, it's almost time...

-Coding Guy

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Final animation is done....but I have to go back and do some edits and fixes on it. I'll be up for a bit getting that situated and hopefully finished up....otherwise it will be finished up tomorrow. :)

ReturnofPoncho

RainMaker323

Jan 26, 2018
Oh no, a dev used a asset he paid for. Can you imagine?? Some people really complain about the dumbest things :rolleyes: Point at 4 Daz3D-Renpy games on the front page and you'll find copies. Stupid is really one of the only things that grinds my gears and this does it.

Final animation is done....but I have to go back and do some edits and fixes on it. I'll be up for a bit getting that situated and hopefully finished up....otherwise it will be finished up tomorrow. :)

ReturnofPoncho
Very much looking forward to it :love:

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Animation and edits are done......Code Guy has to pop it in....then all is left is some playtesting to make sure we're all good :)

ReturnofPoncho

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes