GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
After checking out the results of the poll both here and over at , it's pretty conclusive that most of you would prefer if text would appear instantly. SO, for 0.02, I'll be removing nearly all of the text-pacing junk currently in place. To those of you who enjoy erratic hiccups in your text, my condolences. On the bright side, this DOES mean a whole let less work for me, woohoo.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
After checking out the results of the poll both here and over at , it's pretty conclusive that most of you would prefer if text would appear instantly. SO, for 0.02, I'll be removing nearly all of the text-pacing junk currently in place. To those of you who enjoy erratic hiccups in your text, my condolences. On the bright side, this DOES mean a whole let less work for me, woohoo.
Not surprising. For me personally the rolling text, even being at the highest speed were physically painful to read after a while. I counted that as an even greater negative than the weird faces :D

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Really gotta ask...are all the facial models based on the scout from Team Fortress cause they are freaking me me out more than a little. Particularly when the first girl you see smiles she looks like a love child of the Joker and said scout.

Tykiriel

Nov 20, 2019
Dude, are you kiddin me ? Really ? o_O
Do you have any idea what these mature experienced women could teach you !
You have no idea what you're missing man...

Or wait ... gilfs... was that like 'girlfriends I'd like to fuck' :unsure: damn, I'm to old for these abbreviations, I'm not keepin up with this new kind of language I guess, to bad ...
Gilf = Granny i'd like to fuck

• Haha
Reactions: OEJ and patrickB

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
No one is getting cucked. It's a situation where, if you play the whole game through being an asshole to everyone, they're not gonna fall for you and will fall for someone else. If you avoid being too much of a degenerate, you're golden! If that's too threatening a concept to you, go play another game :p

Last edited:

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Hey f95 nation. I hope everyone is doing ok through all this craziness in the world. I want to address some things I've seen in this thread that people raised and hopefully calm some of the people down.

First, there are two of us behind the game. If you hit up our discord, you'll see ReturnofPoncho and Code Guy. This is ReturnofPoncho. We both post under the same handle on here, so I apologize for any confusion or anything. Going forward I will try to sign as my handle and Code Guy signs his.

I'm the creator, artist and writer behind the game while Code Guy handles all the coding as well as a lot of other behind the scenes stuff and most of the promoting(he's far more better at engaging others than I am). I want to state that this is the first game that both he and I have ever worked on. I got inspired because I happened to come across the game Babysitter about 2yrs ago and liked the format. I was a huge comic book fan as a kid and this right up my alley. At the time, I didn't know the term virtual novel, but decided this is what I wanted to do. A comic book in your hands where you can make decisions on what you want to do(If you're old enough to remember the movie Big, this idea was not lost on me at all).

Some have commented about how some of the models look in game and might be a bit strange or off putting. Most of these were done in the beginning stages of the game while we were starting to learn. Not that I have come anywhere near close to mastering Daz yet, but I was by all accounts an extreme novice at the time. I have extensive knowledge with Photoshop and Illustrator, but Daz was completely new and I knew nothing of Ren'py(That part it Code Guy's domain). Looking back, I probably should have gone back and fixed those renders, but was stubborn and also had the thought that it would be cool to keep that in and see how I've improved as time went on. Dumb logic, I know. To his credit, Code Guy did try and get me to redo a lot. He was only successful in getting me to redo some. I was also citing all the time we had put in already and whatever excuse....we were already behind time wise because we both work full time so we kept on missing our self imposed dates because of that. So it was a combination of learning on the job as well as rushing. For that, I apologize. I hope as Day 1 went on that people did see improvement. I know toward the end with the eyes in the club some mentioned. I was having lighting issues and still trying to learn that aspect more and improve.

Another thing was choice of models. I wanted something different. I didn't want to use a lot of the same models that you see in other games. I also chose different names for the most part. I wanted something different. Some people liked the models, others didn't. I think for the most part the feedback was positive, but I understand where others were 'wtf?'. The decision was also that I wanted something a little more realistic looking. There are quite a few Ren'py games out there that I like, but most of them have their models looking like either they're too perfect or they should be falling over with how big their boobs are. Not to say I wouldn't have a model with some big boobs, but I don't want a game full of them. Most of the models are also older. There are a couple of younger ones, but for the most part they're older. I myself am 40. So I didn't want to have all of these young chicks bouncing around since I knew nothing about that. And there are plenty of other games like that. Again, I wanted to be different.

Most of you are at least intrigued by the story. Some are annoyed that there are bits that are repetitive...as in the MC telling his story a few times....but they're to different characters in the game. I get that's a little annoying, but hopefully that gets cut down dramatically. I'm trying to lay down a base as well as building some of the characters up. There might have been better ways to do it, just at the time I didn't go that route. Hopefully that is something I improve upon. I know some of the stuff may appear wordy at times, but I also want to give content. Some games, you just get the minimum and you don't understand why they had a character do something or there is just a hole in the story. When you checkout our stuff, whether you liked what you encountered or not, I at least want you to feel we did not shortchange you on content.

The final thing I want to touch on is the massive elephant in the room. That damn NTR tag. That's on us...well, me mainly since I wound up putting the wrong tag up. There is NO NTR in the game in the truest form. What we have in the game is what Code Guy and I refer to as the douchebag line. If you have played the game, then there is a part where you have a choice to walk in on Aubrey when she's trying to get into the shower and she gets freaked out. The MC acts like an ass and thinks he's going to score and not getting he's creeping Aubrey out. This would be part of the douchebag line. Not to say you can't improve that stat later on, but if you continue on a similar route like that, you won't really get the female you want to go after and she might wind up with someone else. The line is not set up to where the MC is getting cucked. Nothing like that. Maybe down the line if he's a major asshole to one of the girls and to get back at him I might have her be a total bitch to him, but that is down the line. There are NO plans as of now to do that. Again, I wanted a little bit of realism....if you act like a dick to someone, you're not going to be treated good in return. I apologize about the confusion with the tag. Like I said, it was a mistake on my part by putting that up initially. I didn't know better. That does not give people a right to come onto our patreon page and harass us as well as trying to steer people from the game when they don't know the full story. They're just going by seeing a tag. It's uncalled for and poor taste. I hope people understand where I'm coming from on that. I don't think it's cool that people believe it's ok to do that stuff. Trash us here, fine. Not cool heading to the patreon page and trolling there(even though I say this, you don't have to tell me, I know people are going to do it anyways).

Last bit, I promise. Thank you for taking a moment or two and sticking with me through this. You've seen me use the word realistic a few times. I'm not saying Code Guy and I are creating a 100% real environment or anything, I just want a little more of a realistic feel to the game if you will. Meaning that some things might happen to drastically change the storyline and possibly character line up. I'd like to turn this into a comic with not necessarily an actual end in site but an ongoing story that shifts and changes as circumstances change with the characters. Whether we'll succeed, only time will tell.

Anyways, thank you guys for reading what I had to say and I hope most of you understand where I'm coming from and also accept the apologies for some of the screw ups along the way. I hope you give this a shot if you haven't. If not, that's cool. Thank you again for taking the time...

-ReturnofPoncho

Angeldncr69

Apr 13, 2020
I like the game as a starter. Yeah, there are some improvements to be made. It's worth keeping an eye on and seeing how it develops. I also understand what you mean in your post above. You can't make everyone happy. Just remember that.

Reactions: GraphicusRex

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There are bait and switch tactics going on, where scarce tags in any new or up and coming projects get hit with
the usual deedee refference of new gamers - ”Ooooooo, what does this button do???”

Safe to say, keeping tags close to what you actually get / actually expect us gamers to see on a care free play through
is the way to go.

Thank you for your walk through game effects and expectations, so as to make us confortable we actually
understand where it is all going.

On the dare or not to peek / touch / feel toss of the coin, there are other games here
that bonify that kind of behavior ... either making it mandatory for any skin to show whatsoever, or implementing the rule
of ... no dare no reward. Some players will go into this thinking they have to push the envelope avery time to get to the
juicy content.

Maybe down the line if he's a major asshole to one of the girls and to get back at him I might have her be a total bitch to him, but that is down the line. There are NO plans as of now to do that.
Game oN!

Reactions: GraphicusRex

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
There are bait and switch tactics going on, where scarce tags in any new or up and coming projects get hit with
the usual deedee refference of new gamers - ”Ooooooo, what does this button do???”

Safe to say, keeping tags close to what you actually get / actually expect us gamers to see on a care free play through
is the way to go.

Thank you for your walk through game effects and expectations, so as to make us confortable we actually
understand where it is all going.

On the dare or not to peek / touch / feel toss of the coin, there are other games here
that bonify that kind of behavior ... either making it mandatory for any skin to show whatsoever, or implementing the rule
of ... no dare no reward. Some players will go into this thinking they have to push the envelope avery time to get to the
juicy content.

Game oN!
Thank you for that. Definitely encouraging that there are people who understand where we're coming from. Certainly going to try and do better and hopefully improve a lot where we need it. We have had quite a few learning experiences off the bat from release, lol.

On a side note, how do you get the favorite games like you have at the bottom of your post? Is that done within the signature option?

Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Up top when you click on your name, a drop down menu appears and in the right column
there is the Signature option. You choose your favourite gif sig and put the link in there.
If you wanna make your own, just upload it somewhere for safe keeping and share it on the forum.
What I mean:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
how do you get the favorite games

Last edited:

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Up top when you click on your name, a drop down menu appears and in the right column
there is the Signature option. You choose your favourite gif sig and put the link in there.
If you wanna make your own, just upload it somewhere for safe keeping and share it on the forum.
What I mean:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So I tried this yesterday, but I wound up having a big grey box surrounding the gif....is that normal? I had uploaded it to google drive and shared from there, maybe that caused it? Do you know the best place to upload it to and then share it?

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Three scenes down, two or three or so to go! For preview pics, check out the Patreon .

Also, we have a T-Rex.

-Code Guy

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 13 Votes