tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
I think it's because the developers want an entire year for the game, 365 days. So there will be a long long time for all of the stories, week 2 and 3 seemed to be mostly about introducing lots of new characters. It seems a bit all over the place at times, and tbh I've forgotten quite a lot of different characters already, but if the focus was on progressing characters all really far, then there wouldn't be anything left for the rest of the year
That's the trick isn't it? It can't be easy to plot out that many characters or how to progress them. Do you stick to a few and finish their stories, then move on to more? Or do you just progress all of them piece by piece over the whole duration? Tough decision.

Personally, if it were my choice I'd start a few and finish a few, then move on to more, with a couple of the storylines taking the entirety of the year. I can't even imagine trying to keep track of 70+ concurrent personal stories. It would be hellish.

Silveroz

Jan 27, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I don't avoid or dislike incest games by any means, I just found the condemnation of it in this game somewhat refreshing. But I wasn't afraid of it happening. Sorry if I gave that impression.
Btw, i just downloaded dark mind for 20-21 and i have no ideea how to get more options, i just launched an older save from day 17 or so and no new option there, i wanted to play a bit with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
xD

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
Hello everyone. I have a few questions. I saw this game on here back in 2018. I downloaded the game to my computer (and I think I got the Dark Mind version, which, do I need to download the LewdPatcher patch or is it just a flag I can flip in an ini file somewhere) way back when, and promptly forgot about it since I was going on a downloading spree. I came back around to it today and see that it seems incredibly bloated. Do I need to download all 20 GB to play through the whole thing? And why is Week 1 16 GB and the next week seems to only be 2GB? Are the holiday specials canonical? When would I play them? How much progress do they spoil? Will I find out I had sex with X if I play one of the specials too early? Do the weeks need to be combined into a single file to be able to continuously play through? Or is there a file transfer kind of thing going on? Has all this and more been answered in an FAQ somewhere? The installation instructions just say extract and play, but do I do that for each file?

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
do I need to download the LewdPatcher patch or is it just a flag I can flip in an ini file somewhere
You need to download Dark Mind patch and turn it on from settings. You see menu background image changing to more lewd version once it's on.

Do I need to download all 20 GB to play through the whole thing?
And why is Week 1 16 GB and the next week seems to only be 2GB?
I'd suggest you wait for Month 1 package where all days we have so far come in one tight and improved package.
Week 2 and 3 are already compressed by makers (changing images from PNG to webp make a big difference).

Are the holiday specials canonical? When would I play them? How much progress do they spoil? Will I find out I had sex with X if I play one of the specials too early?
Most of the specials are included in the game so you're not missing anything by not playing them, and those which aren't, are separate from the story, you can play them last if you wish.
Valentine's Day Special and White Day special are in the game so no need to play them. Halloween special happens as the dream during week one but I can't remember exactly which of the specials aren't included in the game.

Do the weeks need to be combined into a single file to be able to continuously play through? Or is there a file transfer kind of thing going on?
Weeks work as separate games. Each into it's own folder. But like I said, I'd suggest waiting for month 1 merge. Between week 1 and 2 you need to transfer save file to get exactly the choices you made.

Has all this and more been answered in an FAQ somewhere?
There's link to FAQ in the first post.

Reactions: Lucas Martinez

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
do I need to download the LewdPatcher patch or is it just a flag I can flip in an ini file somewhere
You need to download Dark Mind patch and turn it on from settings. You see menu background image changing to more lewd version once it's on.
This only for PC (not sure on Mac)
When you played a week that you add the DM patch to than go to start the next week and add it's DM patch when you click on the game to start it you only need to play since the game is using your saved settings from the last version of the game. It will only works if you played with the DM patch turned on in the first/last version you played. (for example: you finished week 1 with the DM patch on than download week 2 add the DM patch when you start the game it should be showing the DM patch's main menu.) Did they ever fix the bug from week 2 where week 2 didn't see the save's from week 1? (If they didn't fix the bug you'll have to copy the save file from week 1 to week 2)

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I like this game and come back to it a lot. But every time I play it, it worries me and I wonder who ever had sex with our wife. I think she was raped, only by whom.. I can't let the thought to myself that she cheated on us, she was so great. I am waiting for an update in which it will finally be clarified, because I know it will come.

UR FBI GUY

Aug 1, 2018
I like this game and come back to it a lot. But every time I play it, it worries me and I wonder who ever had sex with our wife. I think she was raped, only by whom.. I can't let the thought to myself that she cheated on us, she was so great. I am waiting for an update in which it will finally be clarified, because I know it will come.
BY HER FATHER

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
I stopped trying to figure out who she slept with. It was most likely rape and it was most likely her father, but that is by no means a guarantee. What I ponder on is why she refuses to tell Matsu anything about it. What I've decided is that, due to Matsu being the tiger god at this point, or at least close to this point, she was fairly certain that the person that did it would die horribly and she didn't want Matsu to go to prison. And, since the tiger god hasn't really lost a step, she probably would never tell him unless some special circumstances arose, which will definitely happen.

Reactions: Qmil679

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
BY HER FATHER
I suspect so too. But I am waiting for detailed confirmation in the update.
I stopped trying to figure out who she slept with. It was most likely rape and it was most likely her father, but that is by no means a guarantee. What I ponder on is why she refuses to tell Matsu anything about it. What I've decided is that, due to Matsu being the tiger god at this point, or at least close to this point, she was fairly certain that the person that did it would die horribly and she didn't want Matsu to go to prison. And, since the tiger god hasn't really lost a step, she probably would never tell him unless some special circumstances arose, which will definitely happen.
I also have such suspicions that it was her father.. :confused: but we have to wait for confirmation. It really hurts that she doesn't want to admit who it was, but as you say, maybe she was afraid of what the MC would do. We have to wait as this situation resolves further, and in one of the previous updates it was said that we might soon find out who it was.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
BY HER FATHER
Another common theory is that indeed was what happened but by HIS father hence reluctance to declare who the father is and why they get the F out of dodge first chance they get after baby is born. Weve seen little but a glimpse of him but he must be aware of HIS wives activities with Matsu and that could be used as a factor of getting his own slice of revenge on him for this betrayal with one of his own. Also lends highly into his constant battles with his inner demons regarding his own dark thoughts and actions in the story as maybe he was a chip off the old block. His mother is already cuckoo and im sure the father when he gets development will likely show is aint much of a saint either.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Is there a reason its assumed to be her father, and not Matsu's father?

If Matsu were Mao's brother, then it'd explain why her route is cut from the unpatched game. Otherwise, she's just his stepdaughter which some other games get away with not patching.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Mao, Tomoe, Fuyu, Sloth-chan, Kotori are the best in this game for me. :love:
It's just a pity that we can't continue playing with Tomoe mother (I know we can continue to play with her, but then there are consequences, and I don't want this)

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Mao, Tomoe, Fuyu, Sloth-chan, Kotori are the best in this game for me. :love:
It's just a pity that we can't continue playing with Tomoe mother (I know we can continue to play with her, but then there are consequences, and I don't want this)
So not interested in relations to primary LIs. And not just for this game. If a character is a primary LI I'm usually not interested in their family. Unless it's an incest game and the relation is me and...well...I'll stop there.

sheetkaroo

Mar 7, 2019
Hello everyone. I have a few questions. I saw this game on here back in 2018. I downloaded the game to my computer (and I think I got the Dark Mind version, which, do I need to download the LewdPatcher patch or is it just a flag I can flip in an ini file somewhere) way back when, and promptly forgot about it since I was going on a downloading spree. I came back around to it today and see that it seems incredibly bloated. Do I need to download all 20 GB to play through the whole thing? And why is Week 1 16 GB and the next week seems to only be 2GB? Are the holiday specials canonical? When would I play them? How much progress do they spoil? Will I find out I had sex with X if I play one of the specials too early? Do the weeks need to be combined into a single file to be able to continuously play through? Or is there a file transfer kind of thing going on? Has all this and more been answered in an FAQ somewhere? The installation instructions just say extract and play, but do I do that for each file?
some of the special is canon, and the canon specials is already included in the main game. i suggest you finish playing the main game first before trying the specials. just search special in this thread, people already posted lists of which one you can skip before. since the canon one would be in the main game, the rest of the non canon specials doesnt spoil anything. if you search around in this thread there's already instructions on how to install and play each weeks

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes