Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
During this conversation I mainly talked with my right hand and put a lot of pressure on, which led to an ultimatum. An ultimatum that expires shortly before the end of the year and by then Month 1 must be finished. If you can't play Month 1 at the end of the year, I would fall back on an alternative plan that I considered some time ago. I'm not going to give any details yet, as I still hope that I never have to put this plan into action, but the bottom line is that this plan will bring us back to regular game updates very quickly.
An ultimatum huh.. doesn't bode well for the near future or long term future of the game if they're having that sort of conversation. Hopefully works out for the best and all but personally, they've had a year to get their shit together and failed so if I was in bluecat's shoes I would be looking to replace them with a different (likely better judging by our outside view over this time) coder and the project will be better off in the long run - key phrase here, since it's going to be a long project.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Well, I understand why Skummy can't say anything, since he is part of the dev team, but it sounds to me, reading between the lines of Blucat's post, is that if the merge doesn't happen by the end of the year, so he can start releasing updates again starting in 2022, he will either learn to do a straight Renpy VN himself, or more likely, find someone else to just take his images and dialog and put it into a standard Renpy game format, and start to release everything regularly again.

The mechanics are still up in the air I am sure, but it will probably be released episodically, without being integrated into the past episodes, as Ecchi Sensei Part 2, or similar. Hopefully, the new dev will just keep building on that so at least part 2 will be a single download, that just builds upon itself each release (like every other Renpy game).

Also, and this is just my guess, but from Bluecat's statement, I expect that all the added features, such as the profiles, and user toolbar at the top of the screen, will all be removed, and Ecchi Sensei will go straight RenPy, with stock features.

Sure, the other features could be nice, if they were every actually working, but content is what matters, and 95%+ of the players' gameplay is not looking at the profiles or toolbar.

I know some people think this is all a bad sign, but so far we have gotten a whole lot of nothing, so a change is long overdue.

But, we will see. The dev (forgot his name), still has 2 months to prove he has done something in the last year.

Last edited:

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Well, I understand why Skummy can't say anything, since he is part of the dev team, but it sounds to me, reading between the lines of Blucat's post, is that if the merge doesn't happen by the end of the year, so he can start releasing updates again starting in 2022, he will either learn to do a straight Renpy VN himself, or more likely, find someone else to just take his images and dialog and put it into a standard Renpy game format, and start to release everything regularly again.

But, we will see. The dev (forgot his name), still has 2 months to prove he has done something in the last year.
The Dev whose name you forgot is Latecomer and he is not only the coder but also the translator and even if he manages to complete the merge I think Bluecat wants to get a new translator on board to reduce Latecomers workload but it will not be easy to find someone who can just take Bluecats german writing and translate it in English on the level of a native speaker.
If it's just translating from German to English even I could do that but not on a native level.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It is sad to see the numbers on his patreon decreasing, since the game is actually really good. But it's 100% understandable, it is hard to convince someone to keep supporting you if you haven't released an update for a year. I really hope they can finish the merge soon it is sad to see a game like this slowly die.

Last edited:

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
So it just occurred to me that we all have had access to the current three weeks of game time for the past year and no one has stepped up and done a merge on their own, instead just bitching about how long the dev team has taken.

There must be other coders here who could take on this task and crank out a merge, and a merged dark mind patch that has all the features that are broken in the game fixed, with a restructuring of the variable system in their spare time. I mean, how hard could it be? Just need a bit of German coding thinking to get you started and it should all fall into place.

Of course you would have to do it without guidance from BlueCat about how the game was supposed to work, but anything you do that fixes the character cards would seem like an improvement to most users, as that is the thing that is being put aside to maybe get the official merge done this decade.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fashtar

Mar 23, 2019
If you're patient, there could be a merge by the end of the year.

But to answer your question, you need 1 DM patch for EACH week.

If you want to be efficient and keep track of them, you could put the week folders in one folder together.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Hello guys need some Info :
If I download : Heavy Compressed for pc screen 1920 * 1080
is it ok or should I
download other types, It's because I am very low on data pack 3.11 gb left so help me out.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
is it ok or should I
download other types, It's because I am very low on data pack 3.11 gb left so help me out.
The heavy compressed has a noticeable impact on image quality, and I'm usually the type of person to miss those. Personally I recommend the light compressed if you're not going to just wait for the merge. Any affect on image quality is too minor for me to see with the light compressed version unless I do a side by side comparison.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Abhishek_tanwar

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
is it ok or should I
The Dark Mind patch for week 1 is 2.42 GB by itself so if you plan on using that (and you should), factor that into your calculation. The quality of the images in the heavy compressed is just OK, but you don't have enough data to do a better quality and the patch.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
The Dark Mind patch for week 1 is 2.42 GB by itself so if you plan on using that (and you should), factor that into your calculation. The quality of the images in the heavy compressed is just OK, but you don't have enough data to do a better quality and the patch.
The heavy compressed has a noticeable impact on image quality, and I'm usually the type of person to miss those. Personally I recommend the light compressed if you're not going to just wait for the merge. Any affect on image quality is too minor for me to see with the light compressed version unless I do a side by side comparison.
Thanks for replay. After I downloaded dmpatch, i LEFT WITH 3.11 GB data and as pgm_01 said it's ok quality in heavy compressed so I am downloading that one . thanks !

Reactions: pgm_01

tormented

Jan 31, 2020
I really do hope the game starts to update again. it's one of the better games I played at first I thought it was just a meet and fuck gameplay but there's actually story and humor in the game. I love te direction the story was going where your family is starting to find out you are one of the best fighter. I wish I can see what follows. wish you guys the best but it would be heart breaking if it comes to an end.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes