rex112

Jan 4, 2019
View attachment 147887

Overview:
The teacher (You) moved with his family to a small town after accepting a new job offer. The game starts with day 1: his first day at school and of new life in this small town. The education minister of Japan built a large 25000-meter squared campus to test a new education system for the all-female student body.​

Thread Updated: 2020-10-31
Release Date: 2020-10-31
Developer: BlueCat - -
Censored: No
Version: Halloween Special
Language: English, German
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Character List:

This update is only a standalone Halloween update under Specials
DOWNLOAD
Week 3 - Days 15-21
Win/Linux/Mac
: - - MEGA - -
Others: COMPRESSED*

Previous Weeks

Specials

Patches: - DAY 7 MAC FIX - WEEK 1 MAC FIX
Extras: - Fan Signatures - FAQ
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

Thank you Throbbin_Hood for sharing.

View attachment 136814 View attachment 136816 View attachment 149361 View attachment 149364 View attachment 149366 View attachment 149367 View attachment 149368 View attachment 149369 View attachment 162391 View attachment 162392 View attachment 162393 View attachment 162394
Update please

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Rest assured there will still be an Ecchi Sensei one way or another, the game isn't going anywhere, but where it goes from here is still up in the air.

All that being said, I will keep everyone informed as to the happenings as we move forward, and to reiterate currently Merge finalization has a strict deadline of end of year. If they do not reach this deadline, Bluecat has set an ultimatum for the Project Manager/Translator and overall right hand developer Latecomer. Apologies for keeping it short and blunt, but that's what I can disclose.

I will try to come up with something to pass the time again, I've just been busy with real life. Also my extraction sites are healing quite nicely and I should be a lot more normal now :)

Stay Positive, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

TrenciJack

Jun 24, 2021
I'm almost finished Week1 and they fucked up the past story of the characters for me. Why didn't you pick up where you left off? There are two flashbacks in Week 1 so far and they are completely different in quality. Like as if writers are different. Maybe they are, I don't know. I'm just a little pissed off right now.

tormented

Jan 31, 2020
I'm almost finished Week1 and they fucked up the past story of the characters for me. Why didn't you pick up where you left off? There are two flashbacks in Week 1 so far and they are completely different in quality. Like as if writers are different. Maybe they are, I don't know. I'm just a little pissed off right now.
If I remember correctly those flashback's are through out the whole game. they will continue from where they were left off or showing different perspectives of the people in the flashback's.

Reactions: Yasuo Reynald

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Personally i dont like the past stuff...okay, it explains how some pussymagnet endet up with such a wife, she was partially cute in the past, but still, its kinda boring to know whatever you do back then it changes nothing...the present gives you at least the illusion you can change something.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Personally i dont like the past stuff...okay, it explains how some pussymagnet endet up with such a wife, she was partially cute in the past, but still, its kinda boring to know whatever you do back then it changes nothing...the present gives you at least the illusion you can change something.
I think I'd prefer it as a separate game, to be honest. I don't mind the flashbacks in theory, but in practice, they're so spread apart, that it's hard to feel any connection to the characters. A by spread apart, I don't just mean the days long gaps inbetween flashbacks, but also the skips in time between the events of the past. We go from meeting the girls for the first time, to having been in long term relationships with all of them while missing all the build up that makes it more than just a sex scene.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I think I'd prefer it as a separate game, to be honest. I don't mind the flashbacks in theory, but in practice, they're so spread apart, that it's hard to feel any connection to the characters. A by spread apart, I don't just mean the days long gaps inbetween flashbacks, but also the skips in time between the events of the past. We go from meeting the girls for the first time, to having been in long term relationships with all of them while missing all the build up that makes it more than just a sex scene.
I disagree I think they are necessary in this game, the flashbacks give you a lot of information about the characters. They even give you a lot of hints on who Mao's father is.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I'm also not a fan of flashbacks, to me it often kinda feels like a dead part of the story but if you (not sure if it was this game or another, but one of them did it) provide choices that alter your 'future' then I think it's okay. It's just purely a story dump with no choices then I'm not really a fan of it.

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
I'm also not a fan of flashbacks, to me it often kinda feels like a dead part of the story but if you (not sure if it was this game or another, but one of them did it) provide choices that alter your 'future' then I think it's okay. It's just purely a story dump with no choices then I'm not really a fan of it.
there is a game I played on this site that do that in a way

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
The headmistress is the only one so far. Another gets the note that they'll definetly get pregnant, but it hasn't come up since. We've only had 3 ingame weeks worth of gameplay, so it'll be a while before anyone realises, even if they are.
I thought Hiroko could also be pregnant already, although she doesn't know it yet.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
So, what do all you guys think? Any chance Latecomer will knock out a completed merge in the next 60 days? Last I heard he was busy "disassemble(ing) the core code of the engine". If I were Latecomer, instead of doing this, I would just be cutting and pasting the scripts from all the days, one after another, and then just redoing all the variables and filenames to make it more organized. I still don't understand why maybe two weeks of work, if you are slow, end up taking over a year, but what do I know.

I am not sure why Bluecat wants to wait for January before pulling the plug on Latecomer's efforts, but I guess it's better late than never.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I thought Hiroko could also be pregnant already, although she doesn't know it yet.
That's the second one I was referring too. We've not got in-universe confirmation, but that in-game guide suggests it's a sure thing.
So, what do all you guys think? Any chance Latecomer will knock out a completed merge in the next 60 days? Last I heard he was busy "disassemble(ing) the core code of the engine". If I were Latecomer, instead of doing this, I would just be cutting and pasting the scripts from all the days, one after another, and then just redoing all the variables and filenames to make it more organized. I still don't understand why maybe two weeks of work, if you are slow, end up taking over a year, but what do I know.

I am not sure why Bluecat wants to wait for January before pulling the plug on Latecomer's efforts, but I guess it's better late than never.
It wouldn't be Latecomer if they weren't coming in late, right?

But yeah, I don't know if this will pan out or not. I'm not really sure how these things work, so I'm just waiting and hoping for the best. It's a shame they can't just make the source code public, as a lot of people seem to think the issue is an easy fix.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
It wouldn't be Latecomer if they weren't coming in late, right?

But yeah, I don't know if this will pan out or not. I'm not really sure how these things work, so I'm just waiting and hoping for the best. It's a shame they can't just make the source code public, as a lot of people seem to think the issue is an easy fix.
I'm about 90% certain those people are full of shit. Having followed the various progress updates as best as one can in a thread so flooded with complaints, it sounds like the work necessary to get the merge and future updates cooperating is tedious. The way choices were set up and tracked was a mess. Now every single choice and variable has to be reworked, and the way the character cards track them has to be adjusted to the new system. Dropping the character cards for now has removed a lot of the work. Sadly what's left is still time consuming. Since Latecomer is still limited in how much they can work after being sick time is not on our side. Getting help would require teaching the new people about both the existing and new choice system which is also a time consuming endeavor. Taking a shortcut now would only hurt the compatibility between versions forcing another large scale merge when there's yet more content to sort through.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Actually, anyone can just unren the game and see the code. It just that nobody with programming experience wants to touch this game without being asked (and compensated). Plus, it's bad form to fork someone else's game, no matter how much of a mess it is, without permission.

Having followed the various progress updates as best as one can in a thread so flooded with complaints, it sounds like the work necessary to get the merge and future updates cooperating is tedious. The way choices were set up and tracked was a mess. Now every single choice and variable has to be reworked, and the way the character cards track them has to be adjusted to the new system.
Sure, there are a lot of variables, but there are actually not very many meaningfull choices. Almost all choices are just "see scene" or "skip scene". That could be a single variable that is reused (scene_skip = True). Everything else could just be handled by a rating system with the characters, like most all other games, where certain actions increase points with the characters, and just specific variables for story-worthy actions that will want to be tracked later, which there are only a few that I can think of, none which are used in any way in the current releases.

Or not. The story has no-branching at all so far, so what do you need variables for, at least ones that are tracked more than a moment? Maybe in the far future it will get more complex, but at the moment, everything is completely linear. If there is any branching at all in any of the releases, someone will have to remind me.

If Ecchi Sensei is to come back, which all of us hope, Bluecat needs to just go back to basics and make Ecchi Sensei a straight VN, like we see here every day, and just create new scenes and dialog, and keep things moving along. I don't think repeatable sandbox elements, or a complex custom UI, is really a good idea for a game developer who doesn't know how to program himself (as far as I can tell from Skummy's comments over the last year).

It already took about 6 or 7 months too long, but the best thing for Ecchi Sensei moving forward is to find a new, highly motivated programmer who will work for a portion of the monthly income of ES, and just start releasing updates every 1-3 months.

We will just have to see what happens. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Bluecat will do what is necessary to restart the game development.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Actually, anyone can just unren the game and see the code. It just that nobody with programming experience wants to touch this game without being asked (and compensated). Plus, it's bad form to fork someone else's game, no matter how much of a mess it is, without permission.

Sure, there are a lot of variables, but there are actually not very many meaningfull choices. Almost all choices are just "see scene" or "skip scene". That could be a single variable that is reused (scene_skip = True). Everything else could just be handled by a rating system with the characters, like most all other games, where certain actions increase points with the characters, and just specific variables for story-worthy actions that will want to be tracked later, which there are only a few that I can think of, none which are used in any way in the current releases.

Or not. The story has no-branching at all so far, so what do you need variables for, at least ones that are tracked more than a moment? Maybe in the far future it will get more complex, but at the moment, everything is completely linear. If there is any branching at all in any of the releases, someone will have to remind me.

If Ecchi Sensei is to come back, which all of us hope, Bluecat needs to just go back to basics and make Ecchi Sensei a straight VN, like we see here every day, and just create new scenes and dialog, and keep things moving along. I don't think repeatable sandbox elements, or a complex custom UI, is really a good idea for a game developer who doesn't know how to program himself (as far as I can tell from Skummy's comments over the last year).

It already took about 6 or 7 months too long, but the best thing for Ecchi Sensei moving forward is to find a new, highly motivated programmer who will work for a portion of the monthly income of ES, and just start releasing updates every 1-3 months.

We will just have to see what happens. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Bluecat will do what is necessary to restart the game development.
Development will restart regardless, Bluecat knows basic python just nothing too intense. The game will continue, its just what form it will take is the bigger question really. Overall, I'm lost by this point and I'm just trying to keep the lights on as it were, trying to let people know that there's still someone home. I hope that everything works out for the best, and I have been trying to do what I can here on F95 to make shit work, not just in this thread.

I don't really have much to say than I really do want the best outcome, both as a long time fan, and as a volunteer for this project. I'm happy that you guys have been keeping discussion cordial, it makes things so much easier on me lol

So with that, and a way too sleepyhead, I bid you all goodnight and I'll tag in with another status sometime when I have a proper update to bring up....otherwise more of this random bs. :3

Stay Wholesome, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

lolzw00t

Sep 12, 2021
Im quite curious as to how this game is supposed to turn out in the future? Like the start of the game with all that "fancy" HUD options with character info's and time of day it seemed as eventually you will be in like a free roam deciding to go and meet this person spend the afternoon doing this etc, but throughout the whole game so far none of this has been utilized and you are only going through the story, with little of choices that "matter" As mentioned previously theres barely any "variables" that need to be remembered story wise, so in the future will it continue being day by day updates with the story progressing slowly on every char? because then i dont quite get the whole pregnancy thing at this rate for that to matter it would take decades to get the game there o_O

if they actually developed it more like a sandbox / freeroam thing where you advance the students get things done improve school and grades and whatnot having days not matter as much ( except like specific things on calendar) would make more sense i suppose...

tl:dr what is the future of the game going to actually look like?

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Im quite curious as to how this game is supposed to turn out in the future? Like the start of the game with all that "fancy" HUD options with character info's and time of day it seemed as eventually you will be in like a free roam deciding to go and meet this person spend the afternoon doing this etc, but throughout the whole game so far none of this has been utilized and you are only going through the story, with little of choices that "matter" As mentioned previously theres barely any "variables" that need to be remembered story wise, so in the future will it continue being day by day updates with the story progressing slowly on every char? because then i dont quite get the whole pregnancy thing at this rate for that to matter it would take decades to get the game there o_O

if they actually developed it more like a sandbox / freeroam thing where you advance the students get things done improve school and grades and whatnot having days not matter as much ( except like specific things on calendar) would make more sense i suppose...

tl:dr what is the future of the game going to actually look like?
A lot of those "fancy" features were broken and are supposed to be fixed with the merge. Based on the progress updates we've gotten most of them should already be fixed actually. As for future updates, it's supposed to become a mix of a sandbox game and the story based VN it already is. Each day would have story events as well as free roam time periods where players can choose who to interact with in order to see side content. Because of this releases will have more days but less story content than the updates we've gotten so far.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes