RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
jesus. this thread is the perfect source, if someone is going to write a thesis on "human gullibility and the psychology behind it".

you fuckers need to get over this vn. it's not happening anymore and everything they've told you is bullshit.
This would have come across less stupid if the thread wasn't chock full of people saying they don't believe anything the devs are saying. Can you not read? Or is it more serious than that?

Anyway, if you have nothing to add the thread beyond randomly insulting everybody in it, kindly fuck off.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
This would have come across less stupid if the thread wasn't chock full of people saying they don't believe anything the devs are saying. Can you not read? Or is it more serious than that?

Anyway, if you have nothing to add the thread beyond randomly insulting everybody in it, kindly fuck off.
Be kind. He/She/They just felt left out and wanted some sort of validation and/or acknowledgement of their presence. Whilst some of us are very skeptical at this point, and others are hopeful, I'll headpat everyone the same, I can love the haters and hate the lovers and all in between.

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'll chuck some additional thoughts on this.

1) They really shouldn't call it a merge given what they said they are doing with it and how long it's taken it kind of oversells how long a merge should take *cough*, but even by their own previous examples. And yet, it can't be called a remaster or remake either since from a player perspective that will not be the case. Not sure what you would call it then.

2) Speaking on player perspective, a "jank" version is good enough if it works cause from the player perspective of playing it there would be nothing wrong and "just works" which is what my merge was supposed to point out mostly. I think it is a common trap for game developers to over complicate stuff and the result is it takes significantly longer or ends up scrapped as a result.

3) I'm not even sure how much is broken, and part of this is because it's been so long since actually playing it and what wasn't working and when but I think most (?) things were working in the latest releases which you would work off of and work backwards since you have a base that works already. (like I did)

4) Lack of communication is definitely a thing, but it's more so a lack of detailed information that's the problem. When they try to give detailed information it often doesn't make logical sense so that doesn't help either. I know the 'saves' is something they presented as a big issue but thinking about it now, does renpy have a hard limit on how many variables it can track? I remember looking at one of the saves and it seemed oddly bloated which I still think is just poor design, but maybe if there's any devs around here they can answer if they know of any hard limits the renpy save system has or not.
Oh yeah, I agree. It really shouldn't have been called a merge, unelss that was just the original intent and later changed- but when the intent changed they should have said so and not just continued to refer to it as a merge.

As for "jank version being good enough", I disagree, especially if it causes more problems than it fixes going forward, which was likely the case.

Poor design, poor communication, poor workflow, just everything has been mishandled with this project, from what I can see.

I prefer cats. Just not blue ones. For obvious reasons

Latecomers apparently trying to remake Renpy. They're as delusional as bluecat. And seeing as they can't do a months worth of work in a year and a half, I don't think any of it really matters anymore. What they say and what they do are polar opposites. I wouldn't bother getting vexed about any of it tbh
Oof, but I really can't refute that this is what it looks like; he's far outstepped his technical capabilities and is unable to do what he wanted, but isn't owning up to that and just keeps putting things off.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Jeancul

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Oof, but I really can't refute that this is what it looks like; he's far outstepped his technical capabilities and is unable to do what he wanted, but isn't owning up to that and just keeps putting things off.
And now he is working on other projects while still doing the merge. Doesn't exactly bode well for the future of this game. If I remember correctly, which doesn't happen often, Bluecat made Latecomer the project leader/manager. So if your project manager can't do a merge of already existing content for almost two years then starts working on other projects while this one is still not done....yeah, its a fucking shitshow and Bluecat needs to seriously get rid of him and hire someone better.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
Insinuating that we have slow update schedules?

I'll take that as an offense; outside of these once-in-a-lifetime releases like Week 1 and Month 1, our update schedules are completely mental when you see just how much content we release in the regular schedule.
checked back on the thread after 2 years, seems like there is no new update yet so i was reminded of this answer to when i basically said why are you releasing a holiday special when there hasn't been a release for a year?

heh, yeah i was saying you have a slow update schedule but i didn't know exactly how slow holy shit

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
checked back on the thread after 2 years, seems like there is no new update yet so i was reminded of this answer to when i basically said why are you releasing a holiday special when there hasn't been a release for a year?

heh, yeah i was saying you have a slow update schedule but i didn't know exactly how slow holy shit
Careful, as OctoSky can attest to, bringing receipts to display verified deflection will only lead to more entertainment here. ;)

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
It's been 2 years - without freezing funds
Easy money. Why work when you can sit back and do nothing while collecting?
simply finish week 4 and do month 2 in the "proper" way, and come back to fixing the first month later.
You mean the thing that people have been telling Bluecat to do for the past year+? Yeah, we've been there, we've done that. Wasn't until January, a full year since he said he had days 21-22 done just needed a translator, before he said he is looking for ways to move the game forward. Again, easy money.
skummy's claims
Yeah don't bother. Every single thing that Bluecats yes-man/PR boy Skummy has said has been proven, with facts, to be false, yet he still continues to say how great Bluecat is and how amazing the team is all the while we are being shown how fucking awful they are. Again, ignore him. Just read his posts to get a good chuckle.
surely after all of this time he ought to AT LEAST have the full script for month 2 done, if not 3?4?5? hell maybe even 6?:unsure:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ohhhhh I think I broke a rib from laughing so hard.
Surely out of the hundreds of scenes and thousands of images he could offer up any sort of example that wouldn't spoil it too much?
Pfffft ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ohhhh ohhh my ribs. He can't show something that doesn't exist. Look at all the other devs that post teasers or even just images of what they worked on or on working on. Skummy told us he saw images but lets be real, he also said that the merge will be out by the end of 2021 now that the character cards are not being added. Seen the merge yet? But he is honest and transparent.
If there was any honesty left in the team they would've frozen the patreon a whole year ago at least.:mad:
There was never any honesty to begin with. Plain and simple.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Easy money. Why work when you can sit back and do nothing while collecting?
Given the lack of transparency with the development in the past (and present), the seemingly endless stream of "reasons" it's not crawling along and with the lack of anything concrete in terms of actual, physical proof of progression. Occam's razor being used here would highly suggest your statement is the most logical one.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017
I'd say there's threads with far more gullible people on this site than this one

Here, 1% of people believe the new imaginary problem that they announce every few months, and the new solution to that imaginary problem that bluecat is working on. But most of us aren't that ignorant to believe it. We got over this game a long time ago
Yep, I come on here every so often just to see if by some miracle any update is out. But I never expect it, and I have so many other games that are honestly much better to occupy my time and energy on. I did thoroughly enjoy this when it was actively being developed, but the industry has moved past this game. For those still holding out hope, I wish you the best of luck, but I also suggest moving on to bigger and better things. Alright, take care everyone.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Any of you guys know that Big Brother game that had to be stopped due to patreon and got a million remakes from people?

Genuinely surprised it hasn't happened here lol. Call it Pervert Sensei or something, it's like free real estate.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At this point though, maybe BlueCat is more than one person. Who knows, perhaps his also the one behind Primal Desires that latecomer also works for. I think we have enough conspiracy theories though lol.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
They really shouldn't call it a merge... And yet, it can't be called a remaster or remake
In the beginning it didn't matter much; it only became an issue because of the delay.

Rework/recode/redesign?
Bleh.

I almost suggested refactor several times, but my pedantry got in the way.

• Wow

yoda123

Mar 18, 2018
I guess I'll chuck some additional thoughts on this.

They really shouldn't call it a merge given what they said they are doing with it and how long it's taken it kind of oversells how long a merge should take *cough*, but even by their own previous examples. And yet, it can't be called a remaster or remake either since from a player perspective that will not be the case. Not sure what you would call it then.
They call it 'Month 1', while Month 1 will include a merge of content, just referring to it as a merge is missing the point a bit. It is a technichal update more than anything else. Should still have been completed ages ago though.

• Haha

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
They call it 'Month 1', while Month 1 will include a merge of content, just referring to it as a merge is missing the point a bit. It is a technichal update more than anything else. Should still have been completed ages ago though.
But they stripped the technical features that were going to be implemented in an effort to get it done sooner(lol), so while it might have started as a technical update, the only goal now is to actually manage to merge the three existing weeks into a single, functioning ren'py game(lmao).

• Haha

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
But they stripped the technical features that were going to be implemented in an effort to get it done sooner(lol), so while it might have started as a technical update, the only goal now is to actually manage to merge the three existing weeks into a single, functioning ren'py game(lmao).
I don't think that's the case. Despite being called a Merge, the actual merging part is the least important aspect. If they can't get the bug fixes, and new mechanics implemented, then there's no point merging it yet at all.

It's Days 22+ that are not getting any fixes and additions. At least for now, I assume. Seems like doing that is going to require updating those days too though. May as well just make Day 22 and 23 the big foundation to build on top of, and just remake the old content later.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
With all the features stripped down, named it merge is in theory accurate. They're merging the weeks into one .exe, to save space. At least that should be a good thing i guess. Now let's hope for a alpha/beta testing of the Day 22+ soon.
I think I saw a post nearly just like this, back in the thread dated almost 2 years ago. :cry:

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes