Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
ou are damn right I was right! About damn time someone listens! Whooo! Yeah! Oh yeah! ....Just gotta figure out what I was right about....Can you refresh my memory of what I was right about? My dad gave me some edibles from the marijuana dispensary and its making me forget stuff.
Are you feeling alright? Maybe you should lay down, haha.

It took a full year for him to make a decision to find a translator. A simple decision of using mtl or not could take Bluecat up to 10 years to answer.
This ^. It has only been 1.5 years, so we have 8.5 more years to go before Bluecat decides to use MTL, or not.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Minx077 and Jeancul

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
See, that's your first mistake. There is no singular Bluecat. Settle in:

What we think of as Bluecat is actually four homeless dudes, that were picked up from across Austria and housed in an abandoned warehouse on the edges of Viena. Every three weeks, a non-descript middle-aged man comes into the warehouse and provides them with bottled water, canned food and four to five notebooks filled with bits of code, stick-figure drawings and long winding paragraphs of text. He just leaves all that at the entrance and the homeless men must pore over the manuscripts, piece them together and prepare a cohesive bloc of art, code and writing for him when he next visits.

After fulfilling this duty, the middle aged man gets into his old, but serviceable sedan, and drives to the center of Viena making a quick stop to acquire more notebooks. He then heads to an old, somewhat run down mansion close to the city center. He discreetly knocks on the door and is greeted by a 70yo maid who wordlessly leads him all the way down into the bowels of the house, down to the wine cellar where he meets a satyr and a faun who proceed to speak in ancient tongues and pantomime old rituals, of which the man makes notes.

The two are not, in fact, mythical creatures, though, just a pair of extremely hairy 90yo veterans(don't think too hard about which war they're veterans of and what side they were on) with a great aversion for any sort of trousers or underwear(hence the confusion) whose minds are so addled and soaked in wine that they mostly communicate through groans, incoherent yelling and slapping their massive, flaccid cocks against each other's thighs in an oddly rythmical manner. The difference between decrepit old men and fey beings doesn't seem to register for the middle aged man as he furiously jots down everything the two offer him.

He leaves, hours later, for home; dreading the barrage of questions from his wife and children who seem to have realized that he has long since abandoned his job as a bank teller and have become more and more curious as to how he spends his time. With the only glimmer of hope being that he will soon be able to decypher enough of the satyr and faun's babbling to complete his project, one could almost forgive him for not realizing that he was, is and will always be BlueCat.
Wow. Now that I've read that, it all makes sense. You've opened my eyes to the truth

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
There is more:
View attachment 1701902
Plan A ... are we back to waiting on the merge?
That question was asked. And the answer:
View attachment 1701908
I just ignore BC. Skummy at least said he's going to explain later, so I just engaged with him. I'm not expecting anything substantial when he does, but it's the best I managed to get out of that conversation. I wanted to point out that we've all already seen the Patreon posts, but I felt like it would just be a waste of breath at that point.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Dextero and Jeancul

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
I just ignore BC. Skummy at least said he's going to explain later, so I just engaged with him. I'm not expecting anything substantial when he does, but it's the best I managed to get out of that conversation. I wanted to point out that we've all already seen the Patreon posts, but I felt like it would just be a waste of breath at that point.
I understand what you mean but it's still a strange state of affairs. To ignore the actual dev and the nonsense they spew but listen to the PR person. It's not the most logical thing to do as you can tell infinitely more from seeing what the head of the snake does than paying attention to its tail.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Are you feeling alright? Maybe you should lay down, haha.
I fell asleep. I feel better now.
This ^. It has only been 1.5 years, so we have 8.5 more years to go before Bluecat decides to use MTL, or not.
I remember now that I'm not in a haze. If we see any content this year, I doubt it, but if we do I fully believe that it will be too little too late to save this.

Anyone remember in the the first half of 2021 where if you said ANYTHING negative at all about Bluecat you had 100 different people and Skummy scream at you that you are an idiot and have no idea what you are talking about? Whatever happened to all those people?

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Rando, Skummy gets his info from Bluecat. So technically, you are listening to Bluecat, just listening to the puppet with Bluecats hand up his ass. I agree that he doesn't say anything substantial when he speaks. If anything it just makes it more obvious that Bluecat is screwing his patrons out of their money while doing nothing for 2 years.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I understand what you mean but it's still a strange state of affairs. To ignore the actual dev and the nonsense they spew but listen to the PR person. It's not the most logical thing to do as you can tell infinitely more from seeing what the head of the snake does than paying attention to its tail.
Yeah, you're not wrong.

Rando, Skummy gets his info from Bluecat. So technically, you are listening to Bluecat, just listening to the puppet with Bluecats hand up his ass. I agree that he doesn't say anything substantial when he speaks. If anything it just makes it more obvious that Bluecat is screwing his patrons out of their money while doing nothing for 2 years.
Skummy is actually capable of engaging with people though. I'm not sure if it's the language barrier or he's just an arsehole, but BC can't seem to even pretend to be helpful. I genuinely think you give him to much credit though.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Yeah, you're not wrong.

Skummy is actually capable of engaging with people though. I'm not sure if it's the language barrier or he's just an arsehole, but BC can't seem to even pretend to be helpful. I genuinely think you give him to much credit though.
Yeah Skummy is good at engaging....if he doesn't ignore you. He only engages with ones that don't call him on his bullshit. Anyway, what I meant was not Skummy engaging with people better then Bluecat, I meant Skummy telling us what Bluecat says. I will admit that Skummy is better with communicating but he is still just telling us what Bluecat says.

Think of it like this. If you meet someone that speaks a language that you can't understand, they use a translator. The translator would tell you what the person said but they might change it a bit to help you understand better. You might be hearing the words from the translator, but its still the other person saying it. Thats what I meant by Skummy just repeating what he is told, but he says it better, not much better but still better than Bluecats silence or defensiveness.

And NO, I do not give Bluecat credit, at all. Zip, zilch, nada. He is a lying asshole in my eyes.

Jan 10, 2019
Sigh thinking of getting off this train as amusing as it is, it's starting to become pathetic at this point. There are other shit shows that are looking more promising like monster girl island and hero harem guild, two other greatly delayed projects that at least have the dev engaging with their community for what its worth. seeing the community go "yeah do MTL we don't mind it, let's get it out now." and watching blue cat go "fuck you not doing it anyway, If you want to see information on the project pay me." this is beyond hopeless.

Last edited:

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Yeah Skummy is good at engaging....if he doesn't ignore you. He only engages with ones that don't call him on his bullshit. Anyway, what I meant was not Skummy engaging with people better then Bluecat, I meant Skummy telling us what Bluecat says. I will admit that Skummy is better with communicating but he is still just telling us what Bluecat says.

Think of it like this. If you meet someone that speaks a language that you can't understand, they use a translator. The translator would tell you what the person said but they might change it a bit to help you understand better. You might be hearing the words from the translator, but its still the other person saying it. Thats what I meant by Skummy just repeating what he is told, but he says it better, not much better but still better than Bluecats silence or defensiveness.

And NO, I do not give Bluecat credit, at all. Zip, zilch, nada. He is a lying asshole in my eyes.
I stopped ignoring you after we reached a truce, I just also don't care enough to answer the questions :p

I'm an asshole, and I figured it better to shut the hell up rather than be banned for getting into too many fights, but yeah I'm highly restricted as to what I can say, and I have limitations on what I can influence Bluecat to do.

My assholery does not end on here, I can also be a dick on Discord, especially about shitpost memes about the delays :3

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
I stopped ignoring you after we reached a truce, I just also don't care enough to answer the questions :p

I'm an asshole, and I figured it better to shut the hell up rather than be banned for getting into too many fights, but yeah I'm highly restricted as to what I can say, and I have limitations on what I can influence Bluecat to do.

My assholery does not end on here, I can also be a dick on Discord, especially about shitpost memes about the delays :3
Damned if you do and damned if you don't. huh? I guess that's true.
Thanks for confirming, in both what did and didn't say, that the shitshow will continue for the time being.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017

Skummy, please, be honest. Its been almost two years with nothing to show for it and MTL has proven that it works even better than Latecomer, so answer me this..Please be honest... Why is Bluecat saying no to MTL and waiting for plan A instead of doing the machine translations?

I've seen devs procrastinate for months. I've seen devs scam people for years. I've seen devs with shitty work ethics and delay releases for 6 months. But this is the first time I've seen a dev have a tool to release content again and they say NO. My hope for this game is already twenty thousand leagues under the sea but it is still able to get worse.

Last edited:

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Skummy, please, be honest. Its been almost two years with nothing to show for it and MTL has proven that it works even better than Latecomer, so answer me this..Please be honest... Why is Bluecat saying no to MTL and waiting for plan A instead of doing the machine translations?

I've seen devs procrastinate for months. I've seen devs scam people for years. I've seen devs with shitty work ethics and delay releases for 6 months. But this is the first time I've seen a dev have a tool to release content again and they say NO. My hope for this game is already twenty thousand leagues under the sea but it is still able to get worse.
I can answer this one for him. Not defending bluecat or anything BUT it's a pretty obvious answer. This is for all intents and purposes, Bluecat's lovechild. It's his baby, it's his passion project. In that way, he's refusing to compromise on the quality of something he's put hundreds of hours of blood, sweat and tears into. He's probably sacrificed a lot of things to get this project to where it's at right now. So compromising on the quality is not only an insult to all the work he's put into it so far, but also an insult to everything he's sacrificed up to this point. Ultimately, he'd rather see what he envisioned the project to be, rather than what everyone else wanted it to be. Just like how JK Rowling spat in the face of everyone that wanted to see Harry and Hermione get together and shipped her with Ron instead. It's Bluecat's project. And if he thinks sacrificing a few unhappy people now, for ultimately more happy people down the road in the future in other endeavors, that's a right he has as the creator of this project, I'd think. Not trying to defend him, but it's logical enough.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019

Sadly, it's simple. Skummy can't say what he knows because he knows it'll make things worse, probably requested to keep quiet by BC himself. Had it been good news, don't you think PR would summon a grand fanfare, with an orchestra and flying doves? Because waiting to "surprise" anyone after all this wait is monumentally dumb and ill-advised. He knows if the info he relays is more delays, the backlash here would probably get him upset again(he admits not wanting to answer those questions for fear of an argument, with a possible ban as a result).
He admits knowing something but cannot reveal it(as mentioned by his "limitations") and even he tried letting BC know about the positive aspect of using the MTL, that feedback means little to nothing to BC because his hubris won't allow him to alter his plan (whatever it may be at the moment).
The sad part is the self-deprecation, since he knows there is nothing in way of proof he can provide here to encourage or assuage anyone's doubts. Thus, he is resigned to attempt reverse psychology with the hopes BC will eventually finally show something of the game and return some of that integrity and reputation that Skummy lost here.
Just my guess.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes