Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
Giving, that there was an update around every month? back in the day.
Shouldn't we get an update than in a short while?
I mean, the problem BC had was only the translation, with that out of the way, he can do as back in the day.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Giving, that there was an update around every month? back in the day.
Shouldn't we get an update than in a short while?
I mean, the problem BC had was only the translation, with that out of the way, he can do as back in the day.
In theory, but I'm not sure how likely it is. How long does a machine translator take to get through this much text? After that, is there anything that needs doing before he can send it out to the Alpha testers? Does Alpha and Beta testing need to be extended to account for proof reading now being the part of the package?

I'm wondering if any of this could extend the time before releases. Though, I suppose a part of me is so used delays and excuses, that I find it hard to imagine them getting things out at a steady pace. I felt the same after the Week 1 merge, so hopefully I'm wrong again.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
In theory, but I'm not sure how likely it is. How long does a machine translator take to get through this much text? After that, is there anything that needs doing before he can send it out to the Alpha testers? Does Alpha and Beta testing need to be extended to account for proof reading now being the part of the package?

I'm wondering if any of this could extend the time before releases. Though, I suppose a part of me is so used delays and excuses, that I find it hard to imagine them getting things out at a steady pace. I felt the same after the Week 1 merge, so hopefully I'm wrong again.
Yeah but Rando, the week 1 merge didn't take 2 years. They had problems, got over them, and released more content. Now I think your feelings are on the right side this time.

Proofreading seems like it would be faster not slower. After all you are just reading it while correcting. Bluecat could be doing the machine translating while people are correcting what they have done so far. Seems like it might be faster. Doesn't mean the content will be released faster, just that the translations will. I think its the coding that will be the bottleneck. If the last year is anything to go by than the coders will slow the whole thing to a grinding halt.

Just my opinions. All we can really do though is sit and wait and see.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
That's literally the opposite of what I just said. Supposedly the big issue was getting translators to stick around. Skummy convinced him to go with machine translation for now, and with the examples shown a few days, the translation is looking better than Latecomer's translation.

Sidelined may have been a poor choice of words on my part, but it seems like it's no longer the main focus anymore.

1. They're currently independent of each other. You can carry over saves, but that's it. And you can skip weeks, if you want.
2. Yeah, the specials are standalone, and some have been implemented into the main game as flashbacks or dream sequences. As for what patches you need: For Week 1 you need "Week 1 - Final". For Week 2, you need "Day 8-14 - Final Release" and for Week 3, you need "Day 20+21 - Final".
3. There's no traditional walkthrough, but if Week 1 has Lain's mod, which will tell you what each choice leads to. Week 2 and Week 3 have something like that implemented by default.

Hope that helps
Thanks no that was awesome

• Haha

Redyscom

Aug 8, 2017
A Spanish guy is taking over development. The game will be renamed to Ese Sensei. :p
Ecchi sensei to spanish is more like "Profesor Pervertido", ecchi is the pronunciation of H in Japanes, but in the context of H from Hentai (Pervert).

And over all the problem,I literally have no idea what happen these months... years? But for what I read from you guys the merge into Month 1 have problems over translation to English and Spanish, from Germany? Maybe i just missread something IDK (If someone can explain what happen to me I'm gonna be grateful). We just can wait for news over a release date or an announcement from BC abandoning the whole game.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
And over all the problem,I literally have no idea what happen these months... years? But for what I read from you guys the merge into Month 1 have problems over translation to English and Spanish, from Germany? Maybe i just missread something IDK (If someone can explain what happen to me I'm gonna be grateful). We just can wait for news over a release date or an announcement from BC abandoning the whole game.
We actually don't know what the problem is with the merge, as what they say is the issue apparently doesn't make sense. The translation issue was to do with 22+, which has actually been solved apparently. Assume Hopefully it sticks.

Reactions: Redyscom

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Well, um, I'm just guessing here but I'd say Latecomer, the coder or programmer, whatever word, has years of experience otherwise why hire someone that doesn't know anything (at this point I think thats what has happened its just taken this long for him to learn). The month 1 merge already has all 3 weeks made. Soooo, pre-made components. See what I'm getting at? Years of experience? Pre made weeks? Latecomer is not starting from a planning phase or drawing board phase. All the weeks are already made. A member named Dukez already proved that it should take hours to merge, not years.
Doesn't work that way as a comparison, unfortunately.

Firstly, premade components that are made to order to interlink exactly as designed are a far cry from premade components that do their own thing and need to be rebuilt to interlink, especially when the broken parts and jank of them need to be entirely reworked so they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Secondly, Latecomer is a single person who is doing several other projects himself and has been noted continuously and consistantly, from a casual googling, as being very busy; not a vast array of employees who have been working in the industry and specifically with the premade components method to make them properly modular and interlink them from step 1. While they've been doing this for years, I don't think I'd put them at the same level as professional employees who work for a single company and specialize in that specific line of work, working on a single job site until it is done and only then moving on. EDIT: Especially after the remarks I've seen in these last few pages about how the machine translation is better than Latecomer's, since apparently not just coding but also translation was their purview; that to me especially doesn't bode well, especially as how coding is so specific with ensuring that you get the spelling and in-language grammar correct.

Thirdly, Dukez even acknowledged that it was a total hackjob (just spent 20+ minutes looking for this merge and info on it, a link would've been nice considering all the posts made, even by Dukez himself, with the word "merge" in it, and with little else to go off of, that broad search is what I had to use to hunt down anything; ended up with https://f95zone.to/threads/ecchi-sensei-halloween-special-bluecat.14927/page-861#post-7318476 as reference for this), with him just slapping the jank together with rough code. By the simple definition of a merge, yes, it is, but it obviously is not what was desired, and a roughly merged product would require even more work to get it into order for the bugs and jank to be properly resolved as well. Better to fix things and rework everything to be modular to begin with, and then merge all those components together. Dukez mentioned in another post that most likely this is what is being done too, but silently behind the scenes. It's mostly just a lack of communication that ends up with people guessing and angry and frankly, y'all've every right to be angry about the lack of communication and updates.

Anyways, my comment wasn't about the game itself or trying to defend Bluecat's bullshit, only pointing out that your comparisons were terribly made and only used surface-level information to bolster your argument when looking just beyond the surface shows how incompatible it was with the point you're trying to make.

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
By the simple definition of a merge, yes, it is, but it obviously is not what was desired, and a roughly merged product would require even more work to get it into order for the bugs and jank to be properly resolved as well. Better to fix things and rework everything to be modular to begin with, and then merge all those components together. Dukez mentioned in another post that most likely this is what is being done too, but silently behind the scenes. It's mostly just a lack of communication that ends up with people guessing and angry and frankly, y'all've every right to be angry about the lack of communication and updates.
I guess I'll chuck some additional thoughts on this.

1) They really shouldn't call it a merge given what they said they are doing with it and how long it's taken it kind of oversells how long a merge should take *cough*, but even by their own previous examples. And yet, it can't be called a remaster or remake either since from a player perspective that will not be the case. Not sure what you would call it then.

2) Speaking on player perspective, a "jank" version is good enough if it works cause from the player perspective of playing it there would be nothing wrong and "just works" which is what my merge was supposed to point out mostly. I think it is a common trap for game developers to over complicate stuff and the result is it takes significantly longer or ends up scrapped as a result.

3) I'm not even sure how much is broken, and part of this is because it's been so long since actually playing it and what wasn't working and when but I think most (?) things were working in the latest releases which you would work off of and work backwards since you have a base that works already. (like I did)

4) Lack of communication is definitely a thing, but it's more so a lack of detailed information that's the problem. When they try to give detailed information it often doesn't make logical sense so that doesn't help either. I know the 'saves' is something they presented as a big issue but thinking about it now, does renpy have a hard limit on how many variables it can track? I remember looking at one of the saves and it seemed oddly bloated which I still think is just poor design, but maybe if there's any devs around here they can answer if they know of any hard limits the renpy save system has or not.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
How about we all just agree to disagree and move on talking about new conten- wait. Nevermind. Um, how about the teasers that blue showed- Oh right. "Cough" Hmm, how about the latest github notifications-...."sigh". Ok, how about which is the better pet? Cat or Dog?

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
I prefer cats. Just not blue ones. For obvious reasons

Doesn't work that way as a comparison, unfortunately.

Firstly, premade components that are made to order to interlink exactly as designed are a far cry from premade components that do their own thing and need to be rebuilt to interlink, especially when the broken parts and jank of them need to be entirely reworked so they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Secondly, Latecomer is a single person who is doing several other projects himself and has been noted continuously and consistantly, from a casual googling, as being very busy; not a vast array of employees who have been working in the industry and specifically with the premade components method to make them properly modular and interlink them from step 1. While they've been doing this for years, I don't think I'd put them at the same level as professional employees who work for a single company and specialize in that specific line of work, working on a single job site until it is done and only then moving on. EDIT: Especially after the remarks I've seen in these last few pages about how the machine translation is better than Latecomer's, since apparently not just coding but also translation was their purview; that to me especially doesn't bode well, especially as how coding is so specific with ensuring that you get the spelling and in-language grammar correct.

Thirdly, Dukez even acknowledged that it was a total hackjob (just spent 20+ minutes looking for this merge and info on it, a link would've been nice considering all the posts made, even by Dukez himself, with the word "merge" in it, and with little else to go off of, that broad search is what I had to use to hunt down anything; ended up with https://f95zone.to/threads/ecchi-sensei-halloween-special-bluecat.14927/page-861#post-7318476 as reference for this), with him just slapping the jank together with rough code. By the simple definition of a merge, yes, it is, but it obviously is not what was desired, and a roughly merged product would require even more work to get it into order for the bugs and jank to be properly resolved as well. Better to fix things and rework everything to be modular to begin with, and then merge all those components together. Dukez mentioned in another post that most likely this is what is being done too, but silently behind the scenes. It's mostly just a lack of communication that ends up with people guessing and angry and frankly, y'all've every right to be angry about the lack of communication and updates.

Anyways, my comment wasn't about the game itself or trying to defend Bluecat's bullshit, only pointing out that your comparisons were terribly made and only used surface-level information to bolster your argument when looking just beyond the surface shows how incompatible it was with the point you're trying to make.
Latecomers apparently trying to remake Renpy. They're as delusional as bluecat. And seeing as they can't do a months worth of work in a year and a half, I don't think any of it really matters anymore. What they say and what they do are polar opposites. I wouldn't bother getting vexed about any of it tbh

Redyscom

Aug 8, 2017
So in almost 2 years we have:
-No new content announcements.
-No detailed information.
-Two person giving contradictory information about the state of the game.
-0 Tasers about how all is going.
-Not even an alpha or new "events"
- Between 1-2 months for any vague information.

Wait... Overwatch?

Btw, the first 4 weeks have a weight of 50g - 70g at least no?

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019

Wait... Overwatch?

Yeah but...they now have (possibly) MTL and novels upon novels of script so....yeah I can't finish that sentence either.

• Thinking Face

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017

Wait... Overwatch?

-New content was announced by Bluecat in January 2021. Just needed a translator for it.
-What do you mean no detailed info? Latecomer told us how he had to take apart Renpy to make saves(?) work. Bluecat told us how the Portuguese translation is coming along. Very detailed posts.
-See what happened is that Skummy moved to a new house and the cell reception is terrible, so when Blue tells him something Skummy doesn't hear all of it and gets his info mixed up. Its not his fault. Bluecat is just a very honest person and the reception is making Skummy look bad.
-Skummy told us how its going and we all know that he is 100% honest and transparent. Thats why if you call him on his bullshit he puts you on his ignore list. Honesty and transparency. (y)
-The Alpha was already released. Everyone has been playing it. If you need help on starting it, just close your eyes and think of anything. There you go. You are now playing the Alpha.
-Well this one I can actually give a real answer. Bluecat releases a "update" post on Patreon every two months to keep it from being marked as abandoned on here. Even though he puts his nose in the air and thinks we are all a bunch of piece of shit pirates on a toxic forum, he still knows that this site is where he gets his patrons, so he'll keep it from being marked abandoned.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
New Status Update:

I'd post here what it says if I was a patron. Not going to spend $5 for a post.

Edit: It Seems people on Discord are not as hopeful as I am.

View attachment 1693144
If this is the update, why even use this word anymore, that shows the MTL translations than Skummy already shared it here.
https://f95zone.to/threads/ecchi-sensei-halloween-special-bluecat.14927/page-897#post-7652035

And if its not, then I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in this post that says "I wish I finally had something positive to announce". Almost two years since the last content update (I don't consider specials as content only filler to keep the masses paying) and Bluecat is still saying he has nothing positive to report. Wow, just wow.

Last edited:

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
If this is the update, why even use this word anymore, that shows the MTL translations than Skummy already shared it here.
https://f95zone.to/threads/ecchi-sensei-halloween-special-bluecat.14927/page-897#post-7652035

And if its not, then I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in this post that says "I wish I finally had something positive to announce". Almost two years since the last content update (I don't consider specials as content only filler to keep the masses paying) and Bluecat is still saying he has nothing positive to report. Wow, just wow.
I really don't get it though. THIS WAS AN AMAZING VISUAL NOVEL, certainly one of the best. What kind of idiot just puts it into a 2-year hiatus for stupid reasons? If I don't see a release this year, then I will consider it dead and move on with my life.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes