Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
No. ES has never been abandoned, despite some of the flames in other places in this thread. BlueCat has been working on a revamp putting all the first month together in one package, with reworked coding and alot of other things. It's a huge undertaking and has been in progress for a very long time. I'm glad to see him release Days 22-3 like this, though. Even though the Month 1 rework will likely require a new start, I've been itching to continue my current playthrough from where I already was. :)
Good to know, to be honest i stop reading this topic long time ago and just assume it has been abandoned by the lack of info for more then a year. But i'm glad i was wrong, hope we will see the future of this project in brighter colors :)

LunarCainEX

Nov 13, 2020
So in Week 1 do I download the 16.6GB, Light or Heavy Compression?
or which do I download for the full up-to-date content?

Mr. TotoJ

Mar 29, 2020
I swear I remember seeing an abandoned tag for this game just a few days ago. Surprised to see this get an update.

Shades123

Oct 15, 2017
So in Week 1 do I download the 16.6GB, Light or Heavy Compression?
or which do I download for the full up-to-date content?
That on has the first week of content and there are 2 more full weeks after that, this update brought 2 more days of content.
They are all their own entity and each have their own content. If you wanna see it all you have to play torugh them. If you want the latest you only have to download the latest link.

That being said as far as i know week one links seem to be dead rn.

LunarCainEX

Nov 13, 2020
That on has the first week of content and there are 2 more full weeks after that, this update brought 2 more days of content.
They are all their own entity and each have their own content. If you wanna see it all you have to play torugh them. If you want the latest you only have to download the latest link.

That being said as far as i know week one links seem to be dead rn.
Week 1 Mega Links seems active for me. Only that Idk which of the 3 to download.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
i will not lie, am so SO happy to see this game back from the dead. i did honestly think it was really done, like bluecat lost a critical writer or artists or something dead. like couldn't keep going on his own, and couldn't find what he needed to finish, dead. so happy i was wrong. very very nice to be back moving in the right direction.

now, time for the but. BUT, if half the problem was because the "team" was trying to turn damn near one of the biggest (and best) VNs on this site into a giant kraken sandbox monstrosity? and NOT just trying to merge and add some features? I... don't even know what to say. it makes things make more sense, but definitely doesn't inspire much confidence or any return to support from me. =/

the disappearance of this game was literally my 3rd strike (MSN and Our Fate being the first 2), the straw that broke the camel's back. THIS is WHY i don't patreonize ANY games any more. i really thought this game was rock solid and rocking and rolling, until it wasn't.

so i guess we will just see... until then i'mma just hang out over here and be pirating. yar har fiddle dee dee

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
There was when Spear1403 did it in the past. They had everything(could self patch the Dark Mind stuff as well). Sadly, he disappeared and so did his blog(s) with the Android ports.
Hopefully someone else in the future can do new ports with the DM patches since the originals are pretty much gone or need changing. Also hopefully everything can get the patches now since Month 1 is pretty much complete.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Yeah I find the new updated phone is a bit weird, did the phone appear at all or did it error before this?
I find the phone opens but nothing seems to work except ctrl key to advance. do you get the same?
i had this too.. phone appeared, the typing message dots just endlessly came up, backed out of phone and opened messages and the whole convo then is readable but not when needed during the auto phone activation

yannick12

Jun 21, 2018
quick question, im confuse what was he doing for 2 years ? ( no judgement, im just wondering )
changing the game graphic or something ? rewriting the ole thing ? because day 20-21 is exactly the same as before. i didnt download 22-23 yet but some said its still the same thing. just curious :) and again IM NOT criticism here

Reactions: botc76

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
quick question, im confuse what was he doing for 2 years ? ( no judgement, im just wondering )
changing the game graphic or something ? rewriting the ole thing ? because day 20-21 is exactly the same as before. i didnt download 22-23 yet but some said its still the same thing. just curious :) and again IM NOT criticism here
Sadly, he is reworking the whole game into a sandbox. He still havent finished (and honestly hope he can never finish, because it would be a shame to destroy this VN for another crappy sandbox)

Jan 10, 2019
Good to know, to be honest i stop reading this topic long time ago and just assume it has been abandoned by the lack of info for more then a year. But i'm glad i was wrong, hope we will see the future of this project in brighter colors :)
naa its not like the dude above is saying, it more or less was abandoned, the "merge" started almost 2 years ago, no progress was made, the merge was essentially abandoned by BC, and from all anyone can tell BC and co dicked around for 2 years doing not much. a member of this community essently made a fan created merge in less then a day, not prefect but more then enough of what we as a community wanted. this update seams to be stitched together in less then 2 months of work entirely to stave off the "abandoned" tag which this game still got for a month. this update doesn't say "2 years of work" nor is it going to show me that they are back to releasing an update every few months. lets wait and see if they get back on track for real or go back to mysterious delays, never ending excuses and payed wall explanations again, before we start singing praises and pretending that BC and co haven't been just awful for 2 years.

May 15, 2022
He was waiting while doing nothing. His coder Latecomer was working on the merge and while Latecomer was doing that Bluecat was sitting and waiting for him to finish, but when it went from being done by December 2020 to not knowing when, Bluecat did nothing but sit, wait, and hope that Latecomer would finish it. When it was shown that nothing would be done by the end of 2021, Bluecat started to work in 2022.

Thats what he was doing for 2 years.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes