VN Ren'Py Completed Elsaverse: Transitions [Ep. 1-7] [Tora Productions]

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018

Elsaverse: Transitions Ep7 released

Today I'm releasing the final episode of Transitions. This short story has always been part patron perks and part transition from the first 5 Elsaverse games to the next ones. It specifically sets up the next two, the first of which will be called "Chasing Beth." We can't start on that until Mortze finishes his solo project, and I don't know when that will be, but Chasing Beth has Serena in it, so it will be worth the wait. :)

I hope you enjoyed Transitions.

Tlaero

PC/Linux version:

Mac version:

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017

Elsaverse: Transitions Ep7 released

Today I'm releasing the final episode of Transitions. This short story has always been part patron perks and part transition from the first 5 Elsaverse games to the next ones. It specifically sets up the next two, the first of which will be called "Chasing Beth." We can't start on that until Mortze finishes his solo project, and I don't know when that will be, but Chasing Beth has Serena in it, so it will be worth the wait. :)

I hope you enjoyed Transitions.

Tlaero

PC/Linux version:

Mac version:
Last:cry:

Marco6661

Apr 25, 2018
Thank you Tlaero.
Like always (mainly) with Tora Productions, also in Spanish, German, and French.

Can't wait for SWe 2 and "Chasing Beth". :cool:

oszapo25

Jan 17, 2018
I shall try this game. In general use to put insert a novel in sequels in the real life, in periodicals or in papers. So we look forward to the VN or to the series of short stories.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Holy hell Tlaero, you and the team Tora are so damn good at writing and the renders too. I honestly think you should be earning way more than what you get now on patron to give an example.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling with Tlaero's stories since her comeback. Her earlier stories were mostly about finding love. But since her comeback, virtually all stories involves cheating and/or breakups. I don't have any problem with stories that involves cheating and/or breakups, but a recurring theme seems to be emerging in Tlaero's writing and I sure hope it's not a reflection of something IRL.

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
I wonder, as a newcomer in the Elsaverse, should I start with another game? Which one and why?

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
I wonder, as a newcomer in the Elsaverse, should I start with another game? Which one and why?
My hope is that Tlaero will create a single Renpy collection of all the Elseverse games and stories, including this. There are so many at this point, it's easy to get confused (and there is not even a dedicated thread for the short stories). A collection should present them in the correct order, like episodes of a streaming show. Single downloads can still stay around for those who want them, and want just a specific one. But I feel like a complete collection will serve best to preserve Tlaero's work.

Reactions: WaltS

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Princess Groundhog I'm working on that. I'm converting everything to Renpy (have done the first two games so far) and will join them all together into one Omnibus after I'm done.

Well, actually 2. All the HTML games and stories will go together, and all of the 1080p games that started as Renpy will go together in a separate bundle.

The challenge I'm trying to decide on is what to do with the text-only short stories and the novella. Renpy isn't very ideal for large amounts of text.

All of the non-game short stories that came before Elsa's Nightmares are in this bundle though.

There's also a word doc in there that explains where they all fit in with the main games.

Tlaero

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling with Tlaero's stories since her comeback. Her earlier stories were mostly about finding love. But since her comeback, virtually all stories involves cheating and/or breakups. I don't have any problem with stories that involves cheating and/or breakups, but a recurring theme seems to be emerging in Tlaero's writing and I sure hope it's not a reflection of something IRL.
Thank you, Cabin Fever. Although my spouse still doesn't know, we're solid. The shift you're describing is not a reflection on anything happening to me IRL. It's just that I've done the, "Meet someone and fall in love" story so many times now that I'm kind of tired of it. So I'm branching out, as it were. The other issue is that stories aren't interesting if there isn't a conflict of some sort. In "meet and fall in love" stories, the "conflict" is making the budding relationship work. But, after that, if you want to do more with those characters, you need some other form of conflict.

Tlaero

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Princess Groundhog I'm working on that. I'm converting everything to Renpy (have done the first two games so far) and will join them all together into one Omnibus after I'm done.

Well, actually 2. All the HTML games and stories will go together, and all of the 1080p games that started as Renpy will go together in a separate bundle.

The challenge I'm trying to decide on is what to do with the text-only short stories and the novella. Renpy isn't very ideal for large amounts of text.

All of the non-game short stories that came before Elsa's Nightmares are in this bundle though.

There's also a word doc in there that explains where they all fit in with the main games.

Tlaero
Just spit balling here, but it might make more sense for the 2 bundles to be Keeleyverse/Elsaverse than Old HTML/New Renpy.

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
That's true but I believe they should still be included. Maybe there could be some colored/patterned backgrounds that would work to spruce up the visual aspect (so that no actual artwork needs to be created), but text-only is fine. It actually might make it easier to read, if it's possible to have the text take up the middle, instead of the bottom as usual. Maybe make it look like a page out of a notebook, a diary, or something.

But I'm very excited for these omnibuses! Thank you! :love:

P.S.: It would be fun if you included the original release dates somewhere in the collection, like a credits screen. The oldest game goes all the way back to 2016, I think! Just to highlight the awesome longevity of this project.

Last edited:

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
P.S.: It would be fun if you included the original release dates somewhere in the collection, like a credits screen. The oldest game goes all the way back to 2016, I think! Just to highlight the awesome longevity of this project.
That's a good suggestion. I released Dreaming with Elsa on 3 July 2015.

Apropos of nothing, I started working on erotic games in May of 2010.

Tlaero

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Just spit balling here, but it might make more sense for the 2 bundles to be Keeleyverse/Elsaverse than Old HTML/New Renpy.
I'm not planning to convert the original Keeleyverse games to Renpy or put them in an omnibus. Their images are tiny and don't really stand up to the tests of time. Even though one of the original Keeleyverse games was played by over a million people (seriously), I don't think it would fare well in today's world.

Tlaero

• Red Heart
Reactions: Carnagie
4.30 star(s) 6 Votes