Cirnex

Aug 19, 2019
I talked to Dyder about the stone and Horace has fucked off to Cancun or something cause she isn't in Rilea or outside my shop. Every other thread says complete apart from Thorns and Lord of the Hovel though going to Thornhill gives me squat. What am I missing?

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Getting this error when continuing my save:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can just ignore it though.

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I talked to Dyder about the stone and Horace has fucked off to Cancun or something cause she isn't in Rilea or outside my shop. Every other thread says complete apart from Thorns and Lord of the Hovel though going to Thornhill gives me squat. What am I missing?
You may need to talk to Berton at the shop about the stone. That's the last event for the Pridefall thread. Is there a hint or something you are referring to that you can't find?

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Getting this error when continuing my save:

Can just ignore it though.
That's rather weird. "IconL" is a variable that has been there since the very beginning, so I'm not sure why it errored like that. It gets used anytime you move someplace and changes the text on the top left of the screen referring to the location name. Something might have bugged in your safe file but then it would have been set the moment you went somewhere.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
That's rather weird. "IconL" is a variable that has been there since the very beginning, so I'm not sure why it errored like that. It gets used anytime you move someplace and changes the text on the top left of the screen referring to the location name. Something might have bugged in your safe file but then it would have been set the moment you went somewhere.
I tested a few saves, and it happens in every one. Doesn't matter the location, time or if it's at a start of a scene (happens after the scene is finished). Seems to be all the saves have it.
When I am in Rilea it auto sends me home with "Alright.. time to head home"
When I load the save at home it says "Hrm. Traveling at night isn't feasible. (...)" Even if the day time would be right. :ROFLMAO:

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I tested a few saves, and it happens in every one. Doesn't matter the location, time or if it's at a start of a scene (happens after the scene is finished). Seems to be all the saves have it.
When I am in Rilea it auto sends me home with "Alright.. time to head home"
When I load the save at home it says "Hrm. Traveling at night isn't feasible. (...)" Even if the day time would be right. :ROFLMAO:
There was a small bug in the previous version that caused the time to not display correctly after one specific scene. It should be fixed in this version. Are you saying when you go to Rilea, it immediately sends you home all the time? Like you have no choice happening?

I'm still unsure why the IconL problem is happening. No one has reported that issue in three weeks of beta testing, and it literally is used every time you move a location.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
There was a small bug in the previous version that caused the time to not display correctly after one specific scene. It should be fixed in this version. Are you saying when you go to Rilea, it immediately sends you home all the time? Like you have no choice happening?

I'm still unsure why the IconL problem is happening. No one has reported that issue in three weeks of beta testing, and it literally is used every time you move a location.
Hmm, didn't notice that bug.
No, I just tested a bunch of saves and every save where I was in Rilea, I will get send home after the bug. After I'm home it's fine (I think didnt really play).

Well then it's probably just a me problem. Will just ignore it and see if anything else breaks later.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
The top post does note it is better to start a new save file, though mainly it's because there is/was a lag problem in previous versions. Goes back to why those error logs are so long -- the game has to "carry" them to each location, which causes lag especially if you are trying to move fast or are moving your mouse fast.

crimsons

Jun 3, 2019
Think found a bug where you can no longer trade (gain silver through selling potions) with Horace as everytime I ask to trade, the game rolls back before i speak to her (she vanishes with no time progress). Should also note even if you discourage Lerran from sleeping with others, it would see she does so anyway or the game forces the encourage option as the default.

Last edited:

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Think found a bug where you can no longer trade (gain silver through selling potions) with Horace as everytime I ask to trade, the game rolls back before i speak to her (she vanishes with no time progress). Should also note even if you discourage Lerran from sleeping with others, it would see she does so anyway or the game forces the encourage option as the default.
Without knowing where you are in the game regarding the trading, I'm not sure where to even start.
  1. Did you start a new save or use an old one?
  2. Have you finished all of Horace's content? Meaning, are there any hints left on her journal page?
  3. Have you finished all of Yanwei's content?
  4. Where are you in each of the threads listed? Meaning, what are the thread pages saying to you?
As for Lerran, there are two options that happen which differ in what options are available. One is early in the game soon after you meet Lerran, and the other is later near the end of 0.5. The options should change if you choose 'no' at first so the second one doesn't happen. Is this what you are referring to?

crimsons

Jun 3, 2019
Old file (No Offense don't want to start a new file unless one were to give a save file(s) on here with a save prior to the new update since not exactly a fan of starting fresh on what could take about an hour or more to get to the new content here). Both Horace and Yanwei are done (for this update anyway). As for the threads, way too many that seem either too cryptic or completed (or the very least implied).
Anyway sorry for the potential spoilers for those reading this. Also I did make a new file, but that had it's own issues with one of Cali earlier story being bugged out and had to rollback and no clue how to fix.

Last edited:

crimsons

Jun 3, 2019
You know you could just put it all in a spoiler instead of apologizing?

Use this [SPOILER] before the spoiling part and this [/SPOILER] after.
Forgot the command for it until now, but not like I spoiled anything major except maybe the Lerran content which no idea if that's in its entirety since at a wall or reached its end.

Reactions: Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Forgot the command for it until now, but not like I spoiled anything major except maybe the Lerran content which no idea if that's in its entirety since at a wall or reached its end.
The 3 dots will bring you to the menu, to select spoilers/code formatting etc :)(y)

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Old file...
I can understand not wanting to start a new file. As it is my first attempt at a whole game, code from the beginning is very buggy and I've been going back to fix it. I'll try to answer some things that I can...

Also, it is always, always easier to come to the Discord and ask there. I get notified if there's a message and others can help if I'm not around.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I think I found the issue. I'm putting together a patch fix real quick for PC/Mac/Linux versions. It will be my next post on this thread and be available in the OP.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes