Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I actually finished all of that a bit ago. I'm back in Rilea already.
Cali's thicket is available only in the mornings in the forest. Without knowing exactly where you sit with quests, it's difficult for me to diagnose the issue. I may be able to help later with a look at your save file.

Winstorm86

May 30, 2020
Read through some posts couldnt find any with the same issues, I cant make silver because when I go to trade with Horace the button sends me back to the outside panel. So scenes requiring silver cant be done since I only have 1 silver left.

Reactions: Soniram

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Read through some posts couldnt find any with the same issues, I cant make silver because when I go to trade with Horace the button sends me back to the outside panel. So scenes requiring silver cant be done since I only have 1 silver left.
I think I found the issue. I'm putting together a patch fix real quick for PC/Mac/Linux versions. It will be my next post on this thread and be available in the OP.
That was mentioned before see the answer above, have you installed the hotfix? If so and it still doesnt work, best bet would be uploading the savegame and wait for Soniram to get off from work :)

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Exactly what Bob69 said (not sure how to actually tag someone in a post. Little help anyone?).

The patches are up to FIX 04 now. I'm hoping I'll have enough reported and fixed for an 0.5a this weekend.

Thank you for the bug report, though. Every one helps.

Reactions: AlexTorch and Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Exactly what Bob69 said (not sure how to actually tag someone in a post. Little help anyone?).

The patches are up to FIX 04 now. I'm hoping I'll have enough reported and fixed for an 0.5a this weekend.

Thank you for the bug report, though. Every one helps.
@ + the username. But you'd have to have the ø or copy my name :p

Winstorm86

May 30, 2020
Im not the best at knowing where to put patches for game files, I tried unpacking it in the game file folder but not sure if that was accurate. I started the game without the patch, its fine if I need to start a new game. But wont change the issue if I don't put the patch in the right spot right? For what I've played through, the game is fun, and love the story so far. On day 81 even with the trading issue from me being dumb about not doing the patch right.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Im not the best at knowing where to put patches for game files, I tried unpacking it in the game file folder but not sure if that was accurate. I started the game without the patch, its fine if I need to start a new game. But wont change the issue if I don't put the patch in the right spot right? For what I've played through, the game is fun, and love the story so far. On day 81 even with the trading issue from me being dumb about not doing the patch right.
If inside the .rar is a "game" folder you put the new game folder where the old one is it will merge them, there will be something overwritten that you have to confirm.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
You shouldn't need to start a new game.

update.png
If you have PC, it should look something like this. Just take the whole folder and put it in the same location where you see the other game folder. It should ask if you want to overwrite, which you say "yes" to. Without that prompt, it is going into the wrong place.

Reactions: Winstorm86

Xzweerte

Nov 30, 2020
I have an issue after Yanwei night visit. Even with the patch added in. It was when MC tries not to wake Katira in her sleep.

1677534563306.png

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I have an issue after Yanwei night visit. Even with the patch added in. It was when MC tries not to wake Katira in her sleep.
I'm pretty sure I know where the error is. However, I can't correct it for another hour and a half or so when I get home and can make a FIX 05 patch. For the moment, it's probably better to save and quit and wait for FIX 05. Trying to ignore it will likely cause some scene roll-over that isn't intended to happen.

Winstorm86

May 30, 2020
Tried a new game after placing the patched file in, and trading still sends me to another panel. To add i just downloaded this game for the first time today, If that helps, not sure if im the only one with the issue after placing the patch file.

Last edited:

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Tried a new game after placing the patched file in, and trading still sends me to another panel. To add i just downloaded this game for the first time today, If that helps, not sure if im the only one with the issue after placing the patch file.
Can you show me the panel you are talking about?

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Gah. It's that goddamned cali_sandbox bug. FFS. I could rant on and on about how this caused all kinds of problems for me back on 0.4 and I still cannot for the life of me figure out how it turns off. It shouldn't. It really, really shouldn't. Anyway.

I modified the save file with the correct variable and duct-taped a patch that will be in FIX 05.

This is your save file back, same name and everything.

Winstorm86

May 30, 2020
Can you show me the panel you are talking about?
Wanted to share the screenshot but it didnt share the pics right, its the panel that sends you to horace, then the trade screen, when I ask to trade it sends me back to the prior panel.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Not sure what happened to the post, but I did see some screenshots that just disappeared for some reason. Anyway, I noticed you are still running the 0.5 PE version not the 0.5 PE FIX 04 version. The patch didn't take.

Are you using PC? MAC? Are you able to use Discord? I can walk you through it on from my screen, show you how to do it.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes