Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
My esbat checklist says work on early days thread. My journal for early days says more may appear later check back often. I have all the patches.
At this point, I would have to examine the save file. Unfortunately, I'm about to sleep so I won't be back for about six hours. If you upload it here, I will take a look as soon as I wake.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
post update things i rember the game saying you need 150 silver and to take your potions with you but i
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
no clue if i missed a trigger or what or it was me reading the patch notes you posted

grim019

Mar 28, 2020
At this point, I would have to examine the save file. Unfortunately, I'm about to sleep so I won't be back for about six hours. If you upload it here, I will take a look as soon as I wake.
Here is my save and thanks for all your help.

EthMoon

Jun 29, 2017
I hate to add to your workload, and my save file is ancient, but I've had Lerran stuck at "Progress with other characters first" for the past few patches now. Seeing as another character says to progress with Lerran, I should probably get over trying not to ask for help.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
post update things i rember the game saying you need 150 silver and to take your potions with you but i
no clue if i missed a trigger or what or it was me reading the patch notes you posted
There's no use of potions at the esbat, no. You may need them afterwards (next upate).

Reactions: tacosnap123

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Here is my save and thanks for all your help.
You need at least one grips and one bravery potion. The hint copied the requirements so it would only appear if you had a grips and a bravery. So what you need is a grips and bravery potion and be in the shop at midday. That's what is missing. I'm adjusting the hint to remove the requirement of having the potions before it shows up.

Last edited:

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I hate to add to your workload, and my save file is ancient, but I've had Lerran stuck at "Progress with other characters first" for the past few patches now. Seeing as another character says to progress with Lerran, I should probably get over trying not to ask for help.
It is an old save... even has the call/jump bloat from before 0.4. The issue came from a flag not setting right in the last Lerran scene you did because you chose not to pursue Iris or Nadine. This isn't a common path, so later quirks may prop up. Let me know if you run into a similar roadblock.

The save has been fixed with the correct flag and adjustments have been made to the code to make sure this doesn't happen again. You should be able to proceed with the save like it is.

Reactions: EthMoon

Rixss

Dec 5, 2018
Hello, I would like to please ask for help with a problem: To advance in "The Esbast", I need to continue with Horace's missions, but she in turn asks me to complete "The Chimeras". Here's my problem, checking Chimeras doesn't tell me anything, it's completely blank. I applied the patch and it solved several problems where I couldn't advance either, but now I can't haha. I leave my save in case the problem can be located.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Hello, I would like to please ask for help with a problem: To advance in "The Esbast", I need to continue with Horace's missions, but she in turn asks me to complete "The Chimeras". Here's my problem, checking Chimeras doesn't tell me anything, it's completely blank. I applied the patch and it solved several problems where I couldn't advance either, but now I can't haha. I leave my save in case the problem can be located.
Well, you obviously messed around with the variables. By the code, you can only have one dream potion. You have 20. You also have a 50 set for "dreams", which is not the potion but the scene counter of the Chimeras so the scene is pretty much not firing.

I'm not going to fix your variables for you when you alter them yourself, sorry. You could possibly set the 'dreams' variable to 2, and you'd likely advance, but other changes to the variables are going to cause you to continue to have problems going forward and likely will make the game unplayable after 0.8.

My advice is to either revert to a save before you messed with the variables, look through the code to decide which ones should be what and then reset them, or start over. Good luck.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Question, at day 117+ you can visit Erranda in the evening at her place, keep in mind i Refused her offer since im not into the hole using servants as sex slaves which she and her "mother" does so dident want anything to do with her, anyways the hole dialog made absolutly no sense to me, she talks about keeping her self pure just for MC, MC just says good great? then she says to MC you came here to begin making a child with me, dident you? and goes on saying now isent a good time and so on....makes no sense.

It just dosent line up the story when you refused her.....

Rixss

Dec 5, 2018
Well, you obviously messed around with the variables. By the code, you can only have one dream potion. You have 20. You also have a 50 set for "dreams", which is not the potion but the scene counter of the Chimeras so the scene is pretty much not firing.

I'm not going to fix your variables for you when you alter them yourself, sorry. You could possibly set the 'dreams' variable to 2, and you'd likely advance, but other changes to the variables are going to cause you to continue to have problems going forward and likely will make the game unplayable after 0.8.

My advice is to either revert to a save before you messed with the variables, look through the code to decide which ones should be what and then reset them, or start over. Good luck.
Great, thank you very much for answering, I better not touch the variables hahaha, I'll start again.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Question, at day 117+ you can visit Erranda in the evening at her place, keep in mind i Refused her offer since im not into the hole using servants as sex slaves which she and her "mother" does so dident want anything to do with her, anyways the hole dialog made absolutly no sense to me, she talks about keeping her self pure just for MC, MC just says good great? then she says to MC you came here to begin making a child with me, dident you? and goes on saying now isent a good time and so on....makes no sense.

It just dosent line up the story when you refused her.....
Did you refuse the servants? Or did you refuse Erranda herself?

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Did you refuse the servants? Or did you refuse Erranda herself?
I rejected Erranda herself, not the servants since i was hoping to help them in some way, did turn down one of the servants when visiting at night but im still on Lerrans route though

Last edited:

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I rejected Erranda herself, not the servants since i was hoping to help them in some way.
I'd have to look at your save file to be sure. Do you have a save from that scene where she says that? It'd be the most helpful. Otherwise, a later scene is possible.

As far as I know, if you refuse Erranda, there shouldn't be any talk about baby making. I've looked over the code, and still am, but I see no errors. That, of course, doesn't mean a damn thing with my coding skill :p

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
I'd have to look at your save file to be sure. Do you have a save from that scene where she says that? It'd be the most helpful. Otherwise, a later scene is possible.

As far as I know, if you refuse Erranda, there shouldn't be any talk about baby making. I've looked over the code, and still am, but I see no errors. That, of course, doesn't mean a damn thing with my coding skill :p
yes i saved it when i saw it since it felt worng, here you go, this is a save while talking to her right before she says the dialog.

If you need it before going to talk to her i can add that as well.

I even tried loading a save where you refused her offer then go to day 117+ again and she said the same, just in case i clicked worng first time, but nope still showed baby dialog.

And your coding skill seems pretty damn good, its the first time ive noticed anything off which is a good supprise :)

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
yes i saved it when i saw it since it felt worng, here you go, this is a save while talking to her right before she says the dialog.

If you need it before going to talk to her i can add that as well.

I even tried loading a save where you refused her offer then go to day 117+ again and she said the same, just in case i clicked worng first time, but nope still showed baby dialog.

And your coding skill seems pretty damn good, its the first time ive noticed anything off which is a good supprise :)
Okay, this is an error on my part. There should have been a check for Erranda before that exchange. I've made the adjustment in the code, however there's not a way to change the save file to correct it. You did the right thing. I just goofed the dialogue.

It is fixed now and is in the code, which will be added to the next patch (likely later today). You can wait for the patch to be done or go through this little error in the dialogue. The now-current dialogue is listed below in the spoiler.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Okay, this is an error on my part. There should have been a check for Erranda before that exchange. I've made the adjustment in the code, however there's not a way to change the save file to correct it. You did the right thing. I just goofed the dialogue.

It is fixed now and is in the code, which will be added to the next patch (likely later today). You can wait for the patch to be done or go through this little error in the dialogue. The now-current dialogue is listed below in the spoiler.

Great i will just go on with the game, just thought i would mention it since it felt off to me and thanks for fixing it, im mostly playing this for story so i tend to notice what alot might miss or just ignore, but nice to know it was just a small error in dialog.

And yeah i know i run uncommon routes, most just go for all girls but to me story is more importen then H-scenes with everyone which is why i love the work you have done with choices in this game, its really good.

Reactions: Soniram

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I'm stuck in the Velvet Drink.
I don't want to progress to far without it since I don't want to miss any content.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I'm stuck in the Velvet Drink.
I don't want to progress to far without it since I don't want to miss any content.
EDIT: After making it, you will need to go to Velvet Desires and 'test' it.

Reactions: Harkonnan
4.40 star(s) 18 Votes