HikariNova

Nov 23, 2017
is this something like a old school DOS game or something? because that's what the screenshots look like o.o'

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
where are the cheats? Readme says ** in settings but i didn't find any **

Sep 26, 2021
I love era games. For those who have not tried them out yet, I highly recommend checking out gitgud for some of their translated collections. My favorites right now are MakaiRanch and eraAS.

bdog1234

Aug 24, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Imagination. There's a whole genre of smut books people get off to. It can be hotter sometimes to not display graphic images/animations if the writing is good and you can actually imagine shit. I dunno, maybe it's because I grew up reading a lot but I've never had an issue with text games. Text and non text are both good for different reasons.
There's a huge difference between a text game like CoC and this disorganized clusterfuck. it's barely readable and that seems like a teensy bit of a problem where you're supposed to read the content.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
There's a huge difference between a text game like CoC and this disorganized clusterfuck. it's barely readable and that seems like a teensy bit of a problem where you're supposed to read the content.
I think you're talking about things like font and spacing etc, it's an artifact of translating from japanese. The text looks fine in japanese but not so fine when translated. It would take a big effort to redo it for the translation, so ultimately nobody bothers.

bdog1234

Aug 24, 2017
I think you're talking about things like font and spacing etc, it's an artifact of translating from japanese. The text looks fine in japanese but not so fine when translated. It would take a big effort to redo it for the translation, so ultimately nobody bothers.
gotcha I can only imagine how difficult it would be to change something like that spacing/font/and placement of text throughout the entire thing. My comment was never meant as a genuine criticism that I thought the creator would get butthurt over enough to actually change anything about the game. I just thought it looked bad. whether or not it can actually be changed is immaterial.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I've never played it personally though, partially due to that. It also has a time limit like the Persona games that I'm not a fan of. Though apparently the time limit isn't a big deal and people might be creating a fork without it.
The time limit mostly just locks you out of achieving certain endings and fully doing certain routes. Like for example, I might be remembering it wrong but I vaguely remember for example that you get a sequence of events for one of the Persona routes that just outright stops being able to be progressed abruptly if you go over the 50 day limit which does actually suck due to the amount of content. It's like the game is designed to be like a rougelike where you have to try to get as many unique endings which don't restart the game and then a special one which does to get points to have advantages for the next playthrough. And if you fail you have to get any unique ones you have to settle for one of the generic ones which don't get locked out after 50 days and don't really give a bonus from what I remember to try again for some unique ones which really doesn't fit the style of the game.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
People keep forgetting the most basic and fully translated eraTYPE-MOON... It's the one closest to the origin of the eraGames which is eraKanon...
This right?

You sure it's in ENG?

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Is that Megaten as in the Megaten I think it is? Sorry to bug you but hearing this exists is too earth-shattering news and you need to point me to the nearest place I can find it.
Presuming you are thinking of Megaten as in 'Shin Megami Tensei' the series of games by Atlas. Then yes it is.
Here is a link to where it can be downloaded off the git, I would download the master branch if you value stability over all else, otherwise use the translation branch :
Or if you are having trouble downloading that you can pick it up from the Era wiki from the links at the bottom of the page, just be aware that the versions from the wiki page can be a bit behind the versions on the git:

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
I liked this game alot, I stayed up late and I beat (the fairy scenario) I am going to do a ng+ later,
but any other games similar to this one?

Shirakuroi

May 12, 2018
It's not though? Just buy Luvia at the very start and you can clearly see that none of her character dialogue is translated.
Odd... Downloaded and tried the one from the gitgud link...The one from the gitgud isn't fully translated...

The one I had in my backup drive is in English when I tried playing with Luvia... I don't remember where I got this one from but I'm sure it's not from the gitgud...

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Odd... Downloaded and tried the one from the gitgud link...The one from the gitgud isn't fully translated...

The one I had in my backup drive is in English when I tried playing with Luvia... I don't remember where I got this one from but I'm sure it's not from the gitgud...
The old repo admin sperged out and deleted everything a few years back, type moon's translation might be one of the relics that got missed

ronney

May 6, 2017

Can you toss me a link of the translated one I lost mine when my old pc hard drive failed and don't know where to find the completed one again.

taler

Oct 5, 2017

Maybe you can save the community with your copy...

yungupgrade

Jul 26, 2020
I don't know how to word this without sounding like a shitty game journalist but is this game "accesable"? From the screenshots it looks like Dwarf Fortress

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes