taler

Oct 5, 2017
Does this have a tutorial or something? I'm completely stumped on how the game mechanics work.
This would be my 4th time trying to play Era. I like text games but this is a tall hurdle.

Does there exist a youtube let's play series or something? So I can watch someone else enjoy the game to make me want to enjoy it too.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Does this have a tutorial or something? I'm completely stumped on how the game mechanics work.
Have you tried the help section?
If you go into the settings there is a section labelled help
If you look there you will find a number of pages explaining the gameflow, stats, game mechanics, requirements for certain conditions on npc's etc. All in english as well last I checked.
Honestly aside from that, the best advice is to fuck around and see what works and if you aren't willing to roll with the punches (and the punches can be pretty hard in this game) then be sure to have saves ready to savescum with.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
EraK? I wrote a guide here that might help. The Faq at the bottom gives some quick tips for basic issues if you don't want to go through everything, or you can ctrl F search for specific stuff or whatever. As Seamonkey mentioned, they recently expanded the help info and added a "New player guide" notepad in the game folder too. I skimmed it and it does a decent job explaining some basics.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
There are a couple games that are basically EraK with different characters. I think one is , one is . They might not be updated/translated as much as the original though. Wonder if anybody will make a variant that's just like random anime girls from all over.

Yeah, where'd everybody come from all of a sudden? Cool that one of the best text games here is finally getting some attention. I guess the new update might have drawn some peeps in.
From what I remember, only the Touhou games are actually translated.

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
People say that this is the most accessible of the eragames
Me: already overwhelmed by the vast amount of stats, characters and action commends from the beginning of the game
Are you guys sure this is the beginner game?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
I think i tried starting this one a while ago but didn't find the time to figure it out. Yesterday i got time so went in full doujin role-play by joining SdM as Oni officer with Hypnosis book as starting perk and started Hypnotizing everyone into my puppets while they care about some war. and it is quite viable.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
People say that this is the most accessible of the eragames
Me: already overwhelmed by the vast amount of stats, characters and action commends from the beginning of the game
Are you guys sure this is the beginner game?
Accessible is a hard to assess thing when it comes to eragames. It is accessible because it has a largely complete translation and has a format largely familiar to strategy gamers. If you want to persist with Tohok then it will be best to read the help section in the games menu and that should clarify things. Or Fruitsmoothies guide linked a few pages above, its very comprehensive.

If you want something less complicated then there's a couple of options. There's tohotw (short for the world) which is a dating sim with time stop. Mechanically there's a lot going on but if you aren't up to the dating sim grind it may get annoying.

If you are okay with yuri I can highly recommend sumireteru as it focus mostly on the systems trainer element but has some solid story, recognition of how you develop your target over time. It can be a good solid way of learning the training mechanics while being both a more graphical experience than most eragames. They have a number of images and backgrounds along with a more story driven experience than a lot of era games. So a good way of learning the ropes in that regard. It also has the benefit of being completely translated rather than the partial translation a lot of era games has.

As always with era games the hard part is finding whatever game suits you best (and then hoping its translated.)

wahhaw

Dec 29, 2017
The beginner Readme tells you to work with your action points but I can't find how to do it. All I see is assigning tasks in the labor menu but that doesnt seem to cost AP.

Aug 23, 2018
The beginner Readme tells you to work with your action points but I can't find how to do it. All I see is assigning tasks in the labor menu but that doesnt seem to cost AP.
the labor thing happens after that, you use your points to do stuff like meeting with officers and going on dates and stuff, basically building relations.

to everyone whos confused: start at reading the beginners guide or whatever its called its included in the game folder. By looking at this its a kind of game i uually hate like the corrupted saviors but this one is pretty easy to learn.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
The work system did use to cost AP and not all documentation has been updated to reflect that. You used to get a lot more AP and its cost AP to work, now you just work at the end of turn and it costs no AP to do so. This means you can now spend all your AP on stuff like interacting with officers or fighting in the arena instead.

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
I don't know how to word this without sounding like a shitty game journalist but is this game "accesable"? From the screenshots it looks like Dwarf Fortress
IMO the world is the most accessable one. Just start not as a peasant of a girl and you good.
Its an open world free roam dating sim grind game. If you want simple quick fap, wrong place, but if you like an idea of somewhat simulation game where you roam around, make money, train skill and at some point bed girl after 1-2 hours of clicking, it can be interesting. Appeal of games like this, is obviously its simulation aspect, you can go catch a fish, make it into a dinner, give that dinner to your waifu, spike that food with a sleeping pills, barge into your waifu room when she sleeps and proceed to clean her room because you missclicked and cause her to wake up even through sleeping pill effect. Part of the fun is kind of like in good old days, your imagination. For example in my game, i got drunk with Reimu once, and she just nonchalantly barged into my room and deicded to sleep with me the night. Stories like this will happen all the time in games like this, but it does get repetative and even boring at some point.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Minor complaint here btw, after enslaving faction leader from the officer position there is no way to peacefully replace her as a leader. i find it deeply unsatisfying. as to get my own faction i still need to rebel against my slave. For some weird reason.

Edit: Or at least i didn't find it. If there is - i would like to know.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
The work system did use to cost AP and not all documentation has been updated to reflect that. You used to get a lot more AP and its cost AP to work, now you just work at the end of turn and it costs no AP to do so. This means you can now spend all your AP on stuff like interacting with officers or fighting in the arena instead.
Yeah this style of the AP system is still in the FGO version of EraK and it and the Azur Lane version also both include an older system for how stamina, strength and willpower were used where they weren't fully restored automatically after each interaction(And so if you had 0 stamina you would straight up just instantly pass out after the first interaction you make when meeting with another officer which is kinda funny) and you instead needed to have an entertainer set up to restore a portion of it based on how high their singing and cooking stats are.

Last edited:

Hikari231

Oct 13, 2020
Yo last I checked on Gitgud this thing is not fully translated Yet, How much translation does this have compared to the one on gitgud?

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Minor complaint here btw, after enslaving faction leader from the officer position there is no way to peacefully replace her as a leader. i find it deeply unsatisfying. as to get my own faction i still need to rebel against my slave. For some weird reason.

Edit: Or at least i didn't find it. If there is - i would like to know.
There is, you have to get either their submission or favour over 10k (or maybe it was 20k).
Then you will get an option on the war screen to do a Coup instead of Rebel

Reactions: Seamonkey

Kinnerman

Modder
Aug 27, 2016
Yeah so... That completed tag is kinda misleading considering it's still being added onto (with both translations and content) thanks to the old \egg\ or Era Games General. They have an active gitgud that updated the game periodically.

teddidiah

Mar 24, 2019
It's complete to the point it's functional beginning to end and a complete experience, it's just still getting updated with more content every now and then.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes