Razor75

Jul 9, 2019
I think this is a great game. Keep working on it and I look forward to more. I also wanted to raise my vote for no pictures. The pictures have a tendancy to break immersion and limit options because you can't find a picture for every event or have to use pictures that do not quite match up. You write very well so I can get off on that alone. If you are determined maybe just a head shot is fine. It just limits you with things like hair and eye color which make good candidates for subtle corruption.

AtomicGoblin

Mar 12, 2019
I think this is a great game. Keep working on it and I look forward to more. I also wanted to raise my vote for no pictures. The pictures have a tendancy to break immersion and limit options because you can't find a picture for every event or have to use pictures that do not quite match up. You write very well so I can get off on that alone. If you are determined maybe just a head shot is fine. It just limits you with things like hair and eye color which make good candidates for subtle corruption.
Pizznazz was planning to have the art for the game be commissioned so that it is more accurate

AtomicGoblin

Mar 12, 2019
regarding the user interface, game needs a button "return to story" on the left side, <BACK doesnt work too well when all it does is history-1 and you've been checking the side menus back and forth for a while.
That is an interesting idea and shall be brought up to Pizznazz as soon as she get online next

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
regarding the user interface, game needs a button "return to story" on the left side, <BACK doesnt work too well when all it does is history-1 and you've been checking the side menus back and forth for a while.
Yeah. I've had no end of trouble with the menues and the back button. A lot of it has to do with the way Twine works and my coding skills are far too rudementary (read non-existent) to be able deal with. I will try and think of a workaround though.

Good shit
Many thanks to you, hustlebones!

My thoughts far art are v limited. I would like something, however, if only to give the game it's own aesthetic. I'm thinking of changing character portraits in the family bios, and perhaps in the bestiary too. What do you think?

Hire some artist to draw the scenes and you will have a masterpice here.
hehe, thanks. I'm looking to commission someone, but it's hard to know where to start!

• Haha
Reactions: BlackDahliaStudios

Razor75

Jul 9, 2019
My thoughts far art are v limited. I would like something, however, if only to give the game it's own aesthetic. I'm thinking of changing character portraits in the family bios, and perhaps in the bestiary too. What do you think?
Bestiary is a go. I love that idea. As I said before my biggest concerns are consistency. Since each type of creature is not going to undergo individual changes that is fine. Also pics of some of the areas might be easy too depending on how much you want the environment to change. I love the changes you made to her room as time goes on. I noticed it later but now I want to go back and see if there were subtle changes happening earlier than I noticed. For the character portraits it's much harder to say. If not full body then I don't see the changes as time progresses as being that hard to do.

My concern comes from the commissioning standpoint. When you get an artist that is willing to do work of this type it can be hard to keep them focused if they are new to commissions. If they are not new to commissions and do really good work then it can be expensive. When you pay them you must be able to define the scope of the work so if the story goes a different direction there will need to be a second or third commission. Make sure you know what you want to do before you sign on an artist and remember the business side of these things can be frustrating and difficult. Make sure you are prepared before you walk that path.

I think your work so far is wonderful. I am not sure how many games you have done but be careful of scope and feature creep. Know what you want to accomplish and get that done. Because on the coding side you seem new you are going to learn a lot from this experience. It is hard and time consuming and not at all fun to go back and refactor code. Do the best you can and if you close this story out in a good place and start a new one with what you have learned later that's cool too. I have followed many artists for years and I think as long as you stay motivated and have fun with this you will do well.

I realize I just wrote a paper. Sorry about that. Good luck and I'll look through the game again and continue to offer any help or ideas if you need it.

Archimus

Jul 14, 2018
I'm really liking this game even though I would love more content. In the beginning the amount of detail seemed a bit daunting until I realized that it was more that I was used to minimal text and tons of pictures like most games have.

Once I pushed myself to get through the intro I was hooked! I like the idea, it has that good detail in the world like Anaximanes does and how Corruption of Champions was. In fact the Slugs and Bugs story was one of my favourites so I immediately had to look into this.

I'm not trying to compare the styles of this and S&B as both are very different - rather I'm appreciating the amount of detail and thought put into the lore of the world so it's all cohesive and makes sense. Infestation, corruption, the slow build-up. Really great!

With CoC being the game that introduced me to this naughty part of the internet, I find pictures to be unnecessary but many people consider including pictures to be more "professional" however I think the writing and story-telling stands out on its own so far.

Keep an eye on this one!

Viper

Apr 28, 2017
Zoe is now infested with a wombworm. Next, she needs to establish a nest.

Can I finish the Task or isn't it finnished yet? I can only interact with the lovely doggo so far.

Reactions: Pizznazz

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
I realize I just wrote a paper. Sorry about that. Good luck and I'll look through the game again and continue to offer any help or ideas if you need it.
No need to be sorry! That was all super useful. I done some more research into commissioning and am a bit more aware of some of the potential pitfalls and complications. The game doesn't need art right now, so it's not a massive priority. I'll just keep my eyes open!

I'm really liking this game even though I would love more content. In the beginning the amount of detail seemed a bit daunting until I realized that it was more that I was used to minimal text and tons of pictures like most games have.
Great! :) I'm glad you liked it. More content on the way - I'm writing by myself though, so you might have to be patient with me :p

Can I finish the Task or isn't it finnished yet? I can only interact with the lovely doggo so far.
V0.3 for the most part is centered around setting up the mechanics for birthing and upgrades. Character corruptions stories will come later. Have you grown the evolution pod yet? And there's a secret to be found in the toilet too...

Reactions: Archimus

Viper

Apr 28, 2017
No need to be sorry! That was all super useful. I done some more research into commissioning and am a bit more aware of some of the potential pitfalls and complications. The game doesn't need art right now, so it's not a massive priority. I'll just keep my eyes open!

Great! :) I'm glad you liked it. More content on the way - I'm writing by myself though, so you might have to be patient with me :p

V0.3 for the most part is centered around setting up the mechanics for birthing and upgrades. Character corruptions stories will come later. Have you grown the evolution pod yet? And there's a secret to be found in the toilet too...

Thank you for ther quick answer. I found anything now. Found the secret aswell. :)

Reactions: Pizznazz

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Anytime the parasite spoke, all I could hear were zerg voices, which took me out of the mood, but gave me a good laugh!

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
There shouldn't be any blocked routes so far, as the storylines haven't started to split and diverge yet. The way it is just made sense to me for the initial introductory phase. What did you find was locked?
I dunno if I missed it, but after birthing the surveillance organism it was placed in Zoe's room, where nothing happens. She can't birth any more of them (they're ready but aren't born) and I haven't found a way to move it to another room.

Also, she's grown the +5 birthing capacity (last) upgrade in the evolution pod, but still only produces 2 per day.

Edit: I found the "dispose of excess broodlings" scene in the bathroom. Also, did I minsunderstand the mentioned +5 upgrade as being affecting the max capacity of the nest?

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes