agn25

Nov 20, 2017
I'm not a RenPy expert and unfortunately I can't help you with your log analysis. But you can try to write to the developer (DecentMonkey) in the PM. But in any case, you have an alternative solution to the problem. Start a new game in Ep3, then answer all the questions the game asks you, then you can continue to play. As a result of your answers to questions about the decisions Monica made in episode 2, the game (Ep3 v13) will save the required variables in the new save file and in the persistent file, which will keep your playthrough unique.

The only disadvantage of this solution is that you probably won't save Monica's stats (corruption, decency/bitchiness, amount of money, which, however, can be easily fixed with in-game cheats or entering cheat codes in the developer's console). Plus in the quest log you won't see all the progress your Monica has made within Ep2 v16. But essentially these are cosmetic things that don't affect gameplay and you can always choose this option with "New Game" as a fallback.
Stan5851 go and take some panadol tablets for the headache you now no doubt have after repeatedly hitting it against a brick wall.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Stan5851

Badboy702019

Jan 1, 2019
I'm not a RenPy expert and unfortunately I can't help you with your log analysis. But you can try to write to the developer (DecentMonkey) in the PM. But in any case, you have an alternative solution to the problem. Start a new game in Ep3, then answer all the questions the game asks you, then you can continue to play. As a result of your answers to questions about the decisions Monica made in episode 2, the game (Ep3 v13) will save the required variables in the new save file and in the persistent file, which will keep your playthrough unique.

The only disadvantage of this solution is that you probably won't save Monica's stats (corruption, decency/bitchiness, amount of money, which, however, can be easily fixed with in-game cheats or entering cheat codes in the developer's console). Plus in the quest log you won't see all the progress your Monica has made within Ep2 v16. But essentially these are cosmetic things that don't affect gameplay and you can always choose this option with "New Game" as a fallback.
Okay. I will try your suggestions. Thank you

Reactions: Stan5851

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
Neither! I am here trying to figure out how to play this game. If that is trolling so BE IT!
Okay I will explain as simply as I can. At some stage in ep2 you have had Monica pick up the pistol out of the draw in her basement bedroom. This started the revenge quest. This quest locks you out of all the other content in the game and only allows you to continue with the revenge quest content. This is why when you started ep3 from your save during the revenge quest there was only 10 minutes of content for you in ep3.

What you should now do is load a save from ep2 before you picked up the pistol and continue with the rest of ep2 content. There will be hours left to continue with. When you are finished with this and are ready to move on to ep3 make a save. Fire up ep3, load this save and choose the "main quest" to continue with the hours of additional content currently in ep3.

Or as I have recommended leave the second Marcus event in ep2 as your last. (You would have already done the first if you could start the revenge quest.) Make a save when the credits roll, fire up ep3, load your save from in the second Marcus event and choose to continue with "Marcus training". This will also let you continue with the hours of content in ep3.

Badboy702019

Jan 1, 2019
Okay I will explain as simply as I can. At some stage in ep2 you have had Monica pick up the pistol out of the draw in her basement bedroom. This started the revenge quest. This quest locks you out of all the other content in the game and only allows you to continue with the revenge quest content. This is why when you started ep3 from your save during the revenge quest there was only 10 minutes of content for you in ep3.

What you should now do is load a save from ep2 before you picked up the pistol and continue with the rest of ep2 content. There will be hours left to continue with. When you are finished with this and are ready to move on to ep3 make a save. Fire up ep3, load this save and choose the "main quest" to continue with the hours of additional content currently in ep3.

Or as I have recommended leave the second Marcus event in ep2 as your last. (You would have already done the first if you could start the revenge quest.) Make a save when the credits roll, fire up ep3, load your save from in the second Marcus event and choose to continue with "Marcus training". This will also let you continue with the hours of content in ep3.
Thank you so kindly for explaining this for me. I have tried to load a save before Monica picked up the gun and got "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred."

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
Thank you so kindly for explaining this for me. I have tried to load a save before Monica picked up the gun and got "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred."
So if I understand correctly your saves during your ep2 playthrough, that were a continuation from a ep1 save, worked fine and you were able to close down the program, restart and load the saves in ep2 and continue playing without any issues.

But now that you have started ep3, or at least run the ep3 program once, none of the saves in ep2 will load correctly when trying to play ep2 again. Is this what is happening?

Badboy702019

Jan 1, 2019
So if I understand correctly your saves during your ep2 playthrough, that were a continuation from a ep1 save, worked fine and you were able to close down the program, restart and load the saves in ep2 and continue playing without any issues.

But now that you have started ep3, or at least run the ep3 program once, none of the saves in ep2 will load correctly when trying to play ep2 again. Is this what is happening?
Thank you for your response. I have not tried all the saves of ep2 only a couple. I will try all of them today and see what happens.

Badboy702019

Jan 1, 2019
when you played eps2 did you have an
event log like this ???
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/09/2093444_fa.png
Yes, that is how I knew what to do to play the game. Would you happen to know which is last save for ep2. Because I have tried the 1080 and 720 version of ep3? For example, could it be 71-3-LT1? If I know this, I can delete all saves after that are in the save folder and also on c drive under app data - Renpy and start this version of ep3. Thanks

Last edited:

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
which is last save for ep2
there are no last save in eps2
you just stop playing and load your last save in eps3
when you feel you have done everything
best are before you start revenge path
and you can also just start a new game and answer the questions
the game will ask you
like several others already told you

Badboy702019

Jan 1, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: EraRamp

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Yes, I posted a link to this save, but actually when we say that Ep2 v16 has no ending, it means that Ep2 v16 doesn't have a canonical ending that marks a new chapter in Monica's life. Ep1 has that ending, but ep2 doesn't, because it's not finished yet. And as I wrote earlier, Ep2 v16 is the first part of ep2 and current Ep3 is the second part of episode 2. So a save titled as " end of v16" only implies that it completes all the quests from most of the storylines that started in ep2 part 1 (and continues in Ep2 part 2 aka Episode 3.)

Last edited:
Reactions: EraRamp and vimmers

Badboy702019

Jan 1, 2019
Yes, I posted a link to this save, but actually when we say that Ep2 v16 has no ending, it means that Ep2 v16 doesn't have a canonical ending that marks a new chapter in Monica's life. Ep1 has that ending, but ep2 doesn't, because it's not finished yet. And as I wrote earlier, Ep2 v16 is the first part of ep2 and current Ep3 is the second part of episode 2. So a save titled as " end of v16" only implies that it completes all the quests from most of the storylines that started in ep2 part 1 (and continues in Ep2 part 2 aka Episode 3.)
Please accept my apology.

Jul 13, 2022
You're probably playing some ancient version on the RPGM engine, which (from what I hear) was the basis for the original Fashion Business. As for the Renpy version, it was released on October 20, 2018.
p.s. As for "clicking on various objects", if that problem for you, there are cheats in episode 1 (as well as in subsequent episodes) that allow you to set any level of corruption and decency for Monica. For more details see FAQ.
i looked at the cheats they look like they are just adjusting some values for MC. I meant for gameplaywise, doesn't this have VN version ? Think like Anna Exciting Affection or the Office Wife. There is one version for both of them that you walk MC around the town with wasd or mouse and the other version is just VN, you only see the pictures and decisions.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
i looked at the cheats they look like they are just adjusting some values for MC. I meant for gameplaywise, doesn't this have VN version ? Think like Anna Exciting Affection or the Office Wife. There is one version for both of them that you walk MC around the town with wasd or mouse and the other version is just VN, you only see the pictures and decisions.
All 3 episodes of FB are built on the RenPy engine, as far as "pictures and decisions only" style gameplay is concerned - episode 3 is the closest to that, simplified in gameplay sense compared to ep1 and 2. But no third-party RenPy remakes of the current Fashion Business (RenPy) exist yet. It's not an RPGM game engine, and Monica's movement around the city is instantaneous, not like in RPGM games where you have to painfully control the MC with the keyboard and lead the way to the next quest. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why no one made such a remake.

Reactions: vimmers
3.50 star(s) 221 Votes