Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Very promising start. The girls look great, the dialogue is solid, and the premise is interesting. I'll hold off on a review until there's another release, but for now I'm really excited.

One thing: Dev, you need a proofreader. There aren't a ton of mistakes, but there are enough that it'd be good to have someone look over your game before you publish. No, I'm not volunteering. lol

Reactions: Mukashi

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Pretty decent start. Can't wait to get some time with Mei
I will say though, some of the camera angles were...not great. Constantly just showing half a body at an odd angle is kinda..meh

ironlancer

Sep 3, 2017
there is a problem with this update ... at the end of chapter one I cannot access chapter 2 ...

with a savegame and/or a new start

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
there is a problem with this update ... at the end of chapter one I cannot access chapter 2 ...

with a savegame and/or a new start
What happens when you get to Chapter 2? Also, what device are you using?

ironlancer

Sep 3, 2017
What happens when you get to Chapter 2? Also, what device are you using?
in PC and I tested with different choices but I remain blocked at the end of CH1 yellow image and scroll through names

Edit:
arf it is necessary to wait for the end of the parade of names to reach the 2 :ROFLMAO:

it's a bit long should correct that ;)

• Haha

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
in PC and I tested with different choices but I remain blocked at the end of CH1 yellow image and scroll through names

Edit:
arf it is necessary to wait for the end of the parade of names to reach the 2 :ROFLMAO:

it's a bit long should correct that ;)
Okay whew I thought I broke it (like the first release):ROFLMAO:
Yeah for now I'm keeping the credits in after every chapter, Metal Gear Solid 5 style.
Some people may not like the Kojima touch, I'll probably end up putting a skip button in or something :)

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yeah for now I'm keeping the credits in after every chapter, Metal Gear Solid 5 style.
Some people may not like the Kojima touch, I'll probably end up putting a skip button in or something :)
Yeah, personally I think if you are going to keep them in for every chapter at the very least it shouldn't be coded with a hard pause, if that's what you intended.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
Most people will want a skip button, but at the same time, were I a dev I'd want to give credit where credit is due.
Perhaps a compromise that if you don't use the skip button, no fast forwarding, you get some bonus scene or bonus stat?

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Food Truck Story [Ch. 2 v0.20]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Food Truck Story [Ch. 2 v0.20]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

*********************************************************************************

Here is the Italian translation
of Food Truck Story [Ch. 1 v0.1]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Food Truck Story [Ch. 1 v0.1]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Italian translation

Updated
: 2021-07-05
Version: Chapter 2 v0.20

• Love

Dyonic

May 18, 2018
I'm only through chapter 1 so far but I wanted to take the time and congratulate you on your camera choices. Somebody here didn't like it but I feel that this is one of very few Renpys that feels a little bit "real". Showing different and unusual camera angles brings life to the scenery, as if your gaze is wandering across a room and you take in details that you don't actually focus on. Great job, keep that up! :)

• Red Heart

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
when I first saw this I thought "W...T.....F? a Food Truck? Really?"
having run out of games and VN's to play this week I gave it another look and thought " well - no amnesia, mysteriously missing or dead parents, no strange islands, no aliens, no "moving back home after years".......meh, what the hell it's not like its going to give me herpes or anything.

Not very long but brought a smile to my face and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Definitely has some focusing to do but enjoyable start. Got some already likable girls (hope no obsessive yandere types show up - bad experience IRL, brings on flashbacks) and the MC isn't a whimpering soy-boy (so far, fingers crossed). On my "Actively Watch for Updates" list

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
the length of the section is so short that they are not called chp
Indeed, I plan on releasing chapters in two parts. So this release is only for the first half of Chapter 2. New releases will be every 2 weeks, so hopefully the wait for Chapter 2 part 2 is not too long :)

Italian translation

Updated
: 2021-07-05
Version: Chapter 2 v0.20
Thank you a ton for your translation:love: I put a link in the main post to it!

I'm only through chapter 1 so far but I wanted to take the time and congratulate you on your camera choices. Somebody here didn't like it but I feel that this is one of very few Renpys that feels a little bit "real". Showing different and unusual camera angles brings life to the scenery, as if your gaze is wandering across a room and you take in details that you don't actually focus on. Great job, keep that up! :)
It seems you have great taste :giggle: Camera angles have been a little polarizing, but shifting eye movements is definitely a style I was going for and I'm glad you like it!

when I first saw this I thought "W...T.....F? a Food Truck? Really?"
having run out of games and VN's to play this week I gave it another look and thought " well - no amnesia, mysteriously missing or dead parents, no strange islands, no aliens, no "moving back home after years".......meh, what the hell it's not like its going to give me herpes or anything.

Not very long but brought a smile to my face and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Definitely has some focusing to do but enjoyable start. Got some already likable girls (hope no obsessive yandere types show up - bad experience IRL, brings on flashbacks) and the MC isn't a whimpering soy-boy (so far, fingers crossed). On my "Actively Watch for Updates" list
I'm happy you gave it a try! Hopefully more personality for the girls and mc will come through as I go, no Yandere or School Days type endings from me ! (although some girls may be... on the meaner side:devilish:)

4.00 star(s) 27 Votes