Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
I don't get it, the dev firstly asks what people wanted on his next project, then he makes some polls to see what they want most, then he does his best to make some ideas from what people wanted, and then people claim that the ideas were generic?

What the hell people want then?
IMO polling the patrons of a young adult cest game, where one of the poll answers is a young adult cest game is a really foregone conclusion. When I saw that option I immediately knew what would win.

It is what their supporters wanted, sure. It is one of the most popular setups, sure. Is it the best option for future success? Not so sure.

For me it is also a bad sign to even poll stuff like this. I want to see a story the author is passionate about, not one chosen by committee.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I didn't realise that FFC was polling about their next game, went and had a look.

So the basic gist of the game is that your dad died and you're reunited with a family you didn't know about/had forgotten about and stuff happens...Did I get that right?

Because it sounds a lot like the plot from Sisterly Lust from Perverteer... Admittedly it also sounds like the plot from a lot of other games but come on, surely we can get something a little more original than that? Is it me? Have I finally gone insane from seeing the same basic plot again and again?

Reactions: Gunizz and leg28

SkyeJordan666

Sep 19, 2020
I don't get it, the dev firstly asks what people wanted on his next project, then he makes some polls to see what they want most, then he does his best to make some ideas from what people wanted, and then people claim that the ideas were generic?

Eh IDK, Artho. Just people being dicks they are...

Reactions: EJW

leg28

Aug 15, 2018

it is not about what people want that i talked about, it is lack of imagination of dev. recycling already many time used cliche. like b-action direct to dvd movies

Reactions: Coaxmetal

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
I didn't realise that FFC was polling about their next game, went and had a look.

So the basic gist of the game is that your dad died and you're reunited with a family you didn't know about/had forgotten about and stuff happens...Did I get that right?

Because it sounds a lot like the plot from Sisterly Lust from Perverteer... Admittedly it also sounds like the plot from a lot of other games but come on, surely we can get something a little more original than that? Is it me? Have I finally gone insane from seeing the same basic plot again and again?
and his history of developing game, leaving FLF as cliffhanger for a year, yet still collecting money and now without ending first one, moving on other. records show that this is not best way to start new project. so he has to do polls, aiming most profitable cliches, recycling to attract people to keep donating. imo not worth supporting. not user friendly dev.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Bad guy takes daughter, father retrieves daughter killing many on the way.. because of Vin Diesel. er.. Family. I meant Family. Totally.
That makes me remember a interview with Sam L. Jackson: "You're not going to see something new, this was done many times already. But we did it good. Have fun wathing the movie.".

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
For me it is also a bad sign to even poll stuff like this. I want to see a story the author is passionate about, not one chosen by committee.
I mentioned several times publicly that this poll is meant to gauge audience interest and not to completely shape the game. I stated that even if one result is the absolute most voted one that won by a landslide, we will still forgo it if we feel it doesn't fit into our story. I would never work on a game I'm not personally passionate about. But I also don't see an issue with working on something I'm passionate about that simultaneously contain elements liked by the audience.

and his history of developing game, leaving FLF as cliffhanger for a year, yet still collecting money and now without ending first one, moving on other. records show that this is not best way to start new project. so he has to do polls, aiming most profitable cliches, recycling to attract people to keep donating. imo not worth supporting. not user friendly dev.
I answered a bit of this above, but I'll answer the rest. I've stated time and time again publicly to please don't support me if your financial situation don't allow it and/or you don't feel like I deserve it. With that said, the money collected isn't just for nothing. It's for developing the new game and also finishing FF once I get the opportunity to. I'm not aiming at the most profitable elements to include, I'm aiming at the most liked elements by the audience that I currently have. If the story allows for it as mentioned above.

Also, I've been very public about explaining why FF hasn't been completed before moving onto a new game. I believe in transparency. But if you've missed it, I can explain it again here. So I was unable to contact the writer for FF for a really long time. Without the writer, we obviously couldn't finish FF. But I didn't want my audience to get nothing. So I decided to continue onwards with working on an entirely new game with a new writer while we were waiting for the writer for FF to come back. I have absolutely not abandoned FF. I finally got into contact with the writer for FF pretty recently and he told me that he's continuing writing the endings. So then I will work on finishing FF as soon as I get the script from the writer, in the meantime I'm working on the new game.

That makes me remember a interview with Sam L. Jackson: "You're not going to see something new, this was done many times already. But we did it good. Have fun wathing the movie.".
This is pretty much how I see it. We never really set out to make the most original thing in existence, unlike anything anyone have ever seen before. We simply want to make a fun and engaging story that hopefully people will like. It might contain clichés, but I always feel that it's all about execution. Even the most generic story can become a great one if it's executed well.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
I mentioned several times publicly that this poll is meant to gauge audience interest and not to completely shape the game. I stated that even if one result is the absolute most voted one that won by a landslide, we will still forgo it if we feel it doesn't fit into our story. I would never work on a game I'm not personally passionate about. But I also don't see an issue with working on something I'm passionate about that simultaneously contain elements liked by the audience.
Interesting. So you had a story blueprint that was malleable enough for three completely different setups? Or did you have different outlines for each answer? Genuinely interested in the creative process.

I truly hope you can pull off the execution and create something entertaining that can overcome the clichéd premise.

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Interesting. So you had a story blueprint that was malleable enough for three completely different setups? Or did you have different outlines for each answer? Genuinely interested in the creative process.
We had created the groundworks for three/four quite different stories. The polls included elements from all stories. And then we finally decided on one and developed it further once we got the results from the polls. Meaning no matter the results of the polls, we would still be able to do one of the stories we had outlined.

I truly hope you can pull off the execution and create something entertaining that can overcome the clichéd premise.
Thank you. I do hope we manage to pull it off as well.

Dec 6, 2017
I just checked this threat after a couple of months and Im pleased to hear the dev is creating another game, this one was pretty good and Im sure the next one will be even better. And on a side note, its refreshing to see the dev being open and transparent with the statistics of his poll regarding the next game, and actually taking the time to gather info on what people really want to play.

Congrats and good luck to the future!

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
what happen to this game? i remember enjoying it back then. can anyone explain to me?
The man does not know how to outsource people?
He got bored of his game and jumped to another?
He went to buy cigarettes and is coming back?

Who knows...

Mr. Ditkovich
"If promises were crackers, my daughter would be fat."

• Haha
Reactions: KiichiYakuza

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
what happen to this game? i remember enjoying it back then. can anyone explain to me?
The writer and game dev are two separate people. The writer went off the grid for a bit and was unreachable by the dev. The dev started working on a new game based around various potential ideas. The dev has made contact with the writer again, and the game should be finished up. While that happens, the dev will continue on the new game with the new writer.

VeggieJay

Dec 16, 2018

I answered a bit of this above, but I'll answer the rest. I've stated time and time again publicly to please don't support me if your financial situation don't allow it and/or you don't feel like I deserve it. With that said, the money collected isn't just for nothing. It's for developing the new game and also finishing FF once I get the opportunity to. I'm not aiming at the most profitable elements to include, I'm aiming at the most liked elements by the audience that I currently have. If the story allows for it as mentioned above.

Also, I've been very public about explaining why FF hasn't been completed before moving onto a new game. I believe in transparency. But if you've missed it, I can explain it again here. So I was unable to contact the writer for FF for a really long time. Without the writer, we obviously couldn't finish FF. But I didn't want my audience to get nothing. So I decided to continue onwards with working on an entirely new game with a new writer while we were waiting for the writer for FF to come back. I have absolutely not abandoned FF. I finally got into contact with the writer for FF pretty recently and he told me that he's continuing writing the endings. So then I will work on finishing FF as soon as I get the script from the writer, in the meantime I'm working on the new game.

This is pretty much how I see it. We never really set out to make the most original thing in existence, unlike anything anyone have ever seen before. We simply want to make a fun and engaging story that hopefully people will like. It might contain clichés, but I always feel that it's all about execution. Even the most generic story can become a great one if it's executed well.
So I'm a bit out of the loop but
Could an Aunt Hailey solo ending be on the table

Lockyn87

Oct 6, 2018
I thought the game was finished?? And only individual character endings were being written?? Will there be another whole new chapter??

althworld

May 12, 2018

I understand your reason. Not having the writer definitely sucks. Still, moving onto newer projects without ending your current one is how most games here get abandoned. I hope that doesn't happen with FF though. It's a good game.

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes