Belly97

Well Known Lurker
Donor
Aug 2, 2017
Ok, I did a thing, so here's my recolor and rename mod for the latest version of Friendship with Benefits.

Recolor mod replaces almost all the character sprites (and a couple of other things) to the ones that were in v1.01.
Rename mod renames characters and some descriptions to match their colors.
I haven't finished the game yet, so not all the descriptions will be replaced, but I plan to update it a few times at a later date (or whenever the game updates).

Also if you are not playing on the latest version, you probably shouldn't install the rename mod, as it will probably crash at some point when it finds a missing image. Recolor mod should be fine though.

Now for a list of changes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How to install:
Place the *.rpa files in the "game" folder inside of your Friendship with Benefits folder.

Download:
Google Drive
Could we please get an updated version of these or do they work with the version of the game on here (1.20) and the Steam version already??

• Angry
Reactions: Asuna.is

moisesivira123

Jul 22, 2023
very good one question what are the routes to get all the secret scenes could someone help me with that or give me a tutorial thanks

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
Could we please get an updated version of these or do they work with the version of the game on here (1.20) and the Steam version already??
They are already up to date and the steam link will give you the same link as the one on this post, the post is just outdated.

latest f95zone rename and recolor mod post

This is the latest post on this thread for the mod, but steam as an up to date changelog for the recolor mod (different steam link from above). f95 has a lot of discussions on things that were yet to be added

v2.4 [April 6, 2021]
  • Changed Honey and Blossom in the to-do list
v2.3 [March 29, 2021]
  • Changed Cream's color (thanks to for the recolor)
v2.2 [March 4, 2021]
  • Fixed a small graphic error
v2.1 [March 2, 2021]
  • Updated Honeycrisp's secret scene
v2.0 [February 25, 2021]
  • Added Honeycrisp's secret scene, fixed a few minor things
v1.6 [February 13, 2021]
  • Added Lily's and Riku's secret scenes (thanks to once again)
v1.5 [February 11, 2021]
  • Fixed alignment of Augusta's sprites
v1.4 [February 10, 2021]
  • Added Dawn's secret scene (thanks to for the edit!)
v1.3 [December 24, 2020]
  • Fixed wrong Lily CG
v1.2 [December 16, 2020]
  • Fixed a mistake I made with Riku sprites
v1.1 [December 8, 2020]
  • Changed main menu bg and ending scene
v1.0 [December 7, 2020]
  • Initial release

Last edited:

BloodTears

May 30, 2018
So, if anyone is still interested in this game, I made a rename mod that changes the names of all characters in the game to their original names from the show. But in fact, it can be used to rename them to whatever name you want!

It also changes character descriptions in the text (their fur color, eyes, etc.) to match the changes from my , and fixes some typos and grammatical mistakes.

But if you don't want to rename anyone, but you are playing with the recolor mod, you can still install it to correct the character descriptions and other mistakes.

HOW TO INSTALL:
  • Download the rename.rpa file
  • (Optional) Download one of the rename-config.rpy files of your choice from one of the folders
  • Place them in the game folder inside of your Friendship with Benefits folder.
Note: if you want to play on your old save file, I suggest saving on the map screen before installing the mod, so that there will be no issues.

About rename-config presets:
  • Original: original names used in the game (already included in the rename.rpa)
  • Old: names that were in the game before the steam release
  • MLP: MLP names
You can also open these files with any text editor and change any name you want.

Download link:
Google Drive

And also with all the info
Do we have android version of this?

Reactions: DemonRanger309

Haoss

Jul 28, 2020
To breed an army against Queen Chrysalis? Nah, that would be to simple...
It really is something of an unexpected reason. At least it caught me off guard, lol.

To answer your question, I really do hate NTR/cheating. But whenever the setting takes place in a different world with a clearly different culture I don't think the standard "cheating" definition applies. I just wish there was more events with her. More than just sex scenes, maybe dates or extra tidbits. Given how much the story props up the MC and Moxie being destined to be together, there's surprisingly little of that being shown and not told to us. You can even move out from her wagon eventually and I still question that choice.

Deleted member 4771842

Mar 24, 2022
It really is something of an unexpected reason. At least it caught me off guard, lol.

To answer your question, I really do hate NTR/cheating. But whenever the setting takes place in a different world with a clearly different culture I don't think the standard "cheating" definition applies. I just wish there was more events with her. More than just sex scenes, maybe dates or extra tidbits. Given how much the story props up the MC and Moxie being destined to be together, there's surprisingly little of that being shown and not told to us. You can even move out from her wagon eventually and I still question that choice.
At least Banned from Equestria has no such problems as romance mixed with NTR, that was confusing.

Last edited:

Koster184

Jul 4, 2018
..I really do hate NTR/cheating..
..Given how much the story props up the MC and Moxie being destined to be together..
Excuse me, what the hay?
The only thing that is known in the game is that Trixie is in love with the main character. The character does not confess his love to anyone.
The game had about ten different endings for most of the development, in which the main character chose one of the girls and lived with her. And it wasn't necessarily Trixie.
I can't even imagine where you saw NTR in this game. In trixie-rainbow dash's threesome?

Deleted member 4771842

Mar 24, 2022
Excuse me, what the hay?
The only thing that is known in the game is that Trixie is in love with the main character. The character does not confess his love to anyone.
The game had about ten different endings for most of the development, in which the main character chose one of the girls and lived with her. And it wasn't necessarily Trixie.
I can't even imagine where you saw NTR in this game. In trixie-rainbow dash's threesome?
He meant that it is individually felt like NTR, since you may develop personal affinity towards Trixie at the start of the game and feel bad when she tells you to sleep with other girls. I feel the same.

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
The only thing that is known in the game is that Trixie is in love with the main character. The character does not confess his love to anyone
I think they meant how in the game, when you look at the mirror it's shown that the parallel version of the main character is dating human trixie and started dating the day the game starts

JohnnyTuong96

Sep 7, 2022
Ok, I did a thing, so here's my recolor and rename mod for the latest version of Friendship with Benefits.

Recolor mod replaces almost all the character sprites (and a couple of other things) to the ones that were in v1.01.
Rename mod renames characters and some descriptions to match their colors.
I haven't finished the game yet, so not all the descriptions will be replaced, but I plan to update it a few times at a later date (or whenever the game updates).

Also if you are not playing on the latest version, you probably shouldn't install the rename mod, as it will probably crash at some point when it finds a missing image. Recolor mod should be fine though.

Now for a list of changes.

How to install:
Place the *.rpa files in the "game" folder inside of your Friendship with Benefits folder.

Download:
Google Drive
Is there an Android port that comes with the mod?

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes