redhydra

Mar 2, 2018
How do you get to the ice level? i've seen gameplays of it etc etc but even on theire patreon theres no demo or the likes for the ice OR lava level that theres GP videos of. How do you get to either of these levels and the demo's for them?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
How do you get to the ice level? i've seen gameplays of it etc etc but even on theire patreon theres no demo or the likes for the ice OR lava level that theres GP videos of. How do you get to either of these levels and the demo's for them?
The Patreon has the Ice Level demos; they're on the Activity Feed, if you click the "demo" tag on the left under "Featured Tags", and are pledging $5 or more, you can get them (v016, v017, and v017a).

People posted them around the thread, too, but not sure if all those versions are here.

For the Fire level, that was on an old engine with an old programmer, and so as such we won't have it on Patreon until we go back and revamp it to work smoothly with the new engine we're on now (which will happen once we have the core five levels done; we're working on the final fifth level right now).

There's still online versions of the Fire Level floating around the internet, though.

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
To be frank. Only one person has made one and he shared it on Patreon I believe. I'm sure you can post it here nonetheless though.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I've always wondered where people post fan-made levels. Does anybody know?
I've sent the editor out to the roughly 180 people who've pledged to it over the years, and only one person ever completed a map pack with it (granted, actually sharing maps has only been something you could do since around August 2018), and only three or four people have completed any maps (and they don't want me to post them until their full set of maps are done).

Not saying this like we're ungrateful, it's not a requirement to post your maps or something if you have the editor, but more just stating why I don't post map packs; it's because there aren't any to post besides Jason Bill's pack yet.

If other map packs come out, I'd be happy to post them of course, both for Patrons and on here too.

LeB4guette

Jan 16, 2018
@HentaiWriter will the game be aviable on Steam since they allow all kind of games now? I heard they tax up to 30% or something. I dont know if it would get more Attention because it clearly is a very good game even without the H Part it would be a good side-scroller game. You guys aren't even done with this one and im already looking forward to the sequel :^)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
@HentaiWriter will the game be aviable on Steam since they allow all kind of games now? I heard they tax up to 30% or something. I dont know if it would get more Attention because it clearly is a very good game even without the H Part it would be a good side-scroller game. You guys aren't even done with this one and im already looking forward to the sequel :^)
We plan to release it on Steam, FAKKU, Nutaku, MangaGamer, DLSite, Eroges.com, JAST, Denpasoft, Mikandi, Itch.io, Gamejolt, and just about everywhere else you can think of :p as well as Patreon itself, of course.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
pls release the game at april 28. would be a nice bday present
The Earth level took us far longer than we thought, so there's basically no way it's gonna get released in April unfortunately.
We'll likely have the final level done in April, but we'll still need to do;
  • Redoing all the powerups
  • Adding game over cutscenes to Fire and Ice levels
  • Adding cutscenes to Fire, Ice, Earth, and The End
  • Tying the cutscenes between all the levels together with the Values system
  • All the 40+ endings
  • Adding the "in-between tutorial levels"
  • Recording all the voice acting
  • Adding the databank/cutscene/CG/event reviewer
And so on, so it'll be more around August 2019, unfortunately, but we're working like crazy on it!

Reactions: iramiruf

LeB4guette

Jan 16, 2018
40+ Endings POGGERS
would be funny if it got Steamawards around Christmas 2019 for best Sidescroller, H-Game and most Endings 2019

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I really hope those aren't all serious endings and more something like the endings of Nier Automata. Having that many endings does not sound like fun, to be honest. It's just a grind if you would want to see them all.
So here's how the endings work and how many there are;
------------------------------------------------------
  • 4 "Fail" endings (Not getting all the Fragments and Gold Databanks)
    • These are different based on your "sexuality" stat, which is how many times you refuse/accept sex during the game
  • 28 "Actual" endings (getting all the Fragments and Gold Databanks)
    • These are different based on what stat on the Values system out of 7 stats you have at maximum at game's end
    • Then, your ending is twisted a second time based on your sexuality stats (one of 4 possibilities), for a total of 28 endings
  • 5-8 "Unorthodox" endings
    • There's at least one of these in every level; they're easter egg endings that are gotten by doing something very outside of the box. Think the "Dinosaur Ending" in Contra: Hard Corps, or the "Dog Ending" in Silent Hill 2.
    • You'll be returned to the normal game after watching these endings.
  • 3+ "Skill" endings
    • These are endings achieved by showing a large amount of skill; sexual content won't be locked behind them.
    • They're mainly just special, fun endings as sort of a "congrats" for beating the game using a high amount of skill; these play AFTER the "Fail" or "Actual" endings, as a bonus.
      • Examples of this would be getting all 50 achievements, or beating the game under a certain time during Speedrun mode, or beating the game without dying once.
------------------------------------------------------
The endings for the "Actual Endings" will be, for the most part, the "core" ending that plays on all 28 endings (you win, see the epilogue, blah blah), and then it fast forwards to about a year or two later, and that's where your actual ending comes in.

The "Actual Endings" will be something like Street Fighter II's endings; a picture or two, unique music, dialogue, things like that, but no new sex scenes (unless a sex scene is depicted in the picture).

All of the endings will be a good mix of "ridiculous" to "serious", so something like probably 70% ridiculous, 30% serious. The "sexual value variants" won't be mild changes either, it would be fairly significant ones.

The 4 "Fail" endings are all sexual in nature, as in, you'll get a sex animation for them (it'll be the same for all four, just different variants); this is because we expect most players to get this on a first playthrough.

Once you've beaten the game once, you'll have an extra 9 save slots to save scum with, but in general, this isn't a game we expect people to get every single ending in, much like players of say, Detroit: Become Human shouldn't be expected to get every single ending variant.

There's actually a good amount of cutscene variations and secret cutscenes and such that I would be amazed if anyone actually got even 70% of them across multiple playthroughs, just because there'll be so many different ways cutscenes can change based on your earlier actions.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Thanks for explaining all that.

I guess I'll have to suppress the completionist in me when you release the game.

Will these endings be tracked in any way at all? Will they become part of some sort of gallery? Will there be hints in the game for how to achieve them?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Thanks for explaining all that.

I guess I'll have to suppress the completionist in me when you release the game.

Will these endings be tracked in any way at all? Will they become part of some sort of gallery? Will there be hints in the game for how to achieve them?
You'll be able to rewatch/read/listen to these things once you get them;
  • Endings
  • Databanks
  • Cutscenes
  • Sex Animations
  • Game Over CGs
As well as having a visual/list showing where each of these can be gotten if you don't have them already, showing what ones you have already and what ones you're missing, etc.

As far as hints in how to get the "Actual Endings", every choice you do in cutscenes and even actions you do outside of cutscenes (like killing enemies or not killing them, or killing enemies after they've done a truce with you or helped you, or allowing enemies to have sex with you or rejecting them) will affect your Values (7 values like "Honesty, Justice, Hatred, Naivete", etc.).

-----------------------------------------

On a first run, you won't be able to see these values, to keep people from gaming the experience and being too lost in mix/maxing values so to speak, but you will get hints from the bosses on what your CURRENT highest value is.

For example, if you beat the Celodst Emperor in the Ice Level, his last words to you, if you had "Honesty" at highest, would be something like (and these are written off the top of my head, so don't take these to be the actual quality of the lines lol);

"I see you were telling the truth about your motives all along; if only there were more honest humans like you, then maybe this wouldn't have had to happen."

If you had Hatred at highest though, it might be something more like;

"Why do you waste words on me? I see the hate in your eyes; just end me, and be done with it."

And so on.

After a first run through the game though, you'll get a new toggle in the options that we'll alert you to that'll let you see the value increase/decrease for each of your choices if you like (before you even make the choice, or only after the choice, it'll be up to you), so you can get the endings you want.

-----------------------------------------

For the "Skill" endings, while those will be made obvious to the player (the time you have to beat on a speedrun, that getting all the achievements gets you a neat ending, etc.), the "Unorthodox" endings will likely be in a small little menu by themselves, and we'll give vague hints on how to get each one.

In general though, they'll be pretty well hidden, so we expect people to find them mainly through word of mouth.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
You just keep posting these thorough replies. That's really great of you. Not many devs would do such a thing. I think I've said it before, but the way you communicate with your audience is one of the main reasons that I like this game so much.

It's good to hear that there will be a way to keep track of what endings you have gotten. And being able to see the seven values on subsequent playthroughs should be a big help, I imagine.

Who knows, maybe I will try to unlock as many endings as I can. Or perhaps I'll end up doing what I do with many H games and try my hand at it using Cheat Engine. Even if Future Fragments has been a tough nut to crack with CE for me in the past. :p

Reactions: xttr and Cube-Chan

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
You just keep posting these thorough replies. That's really great of you. Not many devs would do such a thing. I think I've said it before, but the way you communicate with your audience is one of the main reasons that I like this game so much.
I think if people care enough about your game to ask questions, as a dev you should be grateful for that and want to answer them as best as you can. I'm glad though that you like the game so much!

Also, about the cheat engine thing, we'll probably have an ending that appears if people use that, too. :p

mc625

Mar 7, 2018

It's good to hear that there will be a way to keep track of what endings you have gotten. And being able to see the seven values on subsequent playthroughs should be a big help, I imagine.

Who knows, maybe I will try to unlock as many endings as I can. Or perhaps I'll end up doing what I do with many H games and try my hand at it using Cheat Engine. Even if Future Fragments has been a tough nut to crack with CE for me in the past. :p
that secret room in jason bill's custom map was so hard I used ce to beat it.:p
increased my health to a big number to beat it.

Also, about the cheat engine thing, we'll probably have an ending that appears if people use that, too. :p
damn ce is out of question then I should start practicing my skills for when the game is out:confused:

3.80 star(s) 83 Votes