SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
Two more weeks until this project can be marked as abandonned am i right ?

Anyways, my opinion on this is that we can fairly assume the game will never know another release, and by maintaining silence (like he's very good at) even towards the most basic questions from his patrons, he also maintains a status quo.
By not stating things officially, he's keeping as much donations per month as possible.
If he announced the termination of the game, more ppl would unsubscribe. And basically if he said anything at this point instead of releasing an update it would have for consequence the loss of more patrons.
Now, i don't think an update will come out either, too much time has passed.
I strongly believe DS's team have stuff cooked one or more months in advance before release (that would also explain the lack of respect towards poll results sometimes). So if they ran out of cash, they still would have content to release.
After all, when BB was abandoned he still released an ultimate update with sex with Ann etc.
I also think if the steam release was an actual doable thing for his team, he would communicate on this more instead of keeping silent.

But I also don't know if something's going on the discord.
I honestly will feel relieved this gets an abandoned tag in the end so everyone and specially patrons can move on and invest in some other creators.

BigRedRadio

Oct 8, 2022
to be fair if he would publish the Game on Steam and make the future Updates for free or with a Season Pass i would be totally fine with it and would buy it. i mean he have to make Money after all.
While publishing on steam sounds attractive, in reality they've a very inconsistent policy on adult games and will happily leave games banned even after the banning has been successfully appealed so with the marmite reaction to new releases I can see Glamour picking up complaints and having to deal with that possibility.

As a former subscriber I've got to say I stopped supporting as the Kate story ...Spoilers ....

basically went bizzare after finding the sister it failed to move on instead returning to the status quo but now with less to do and no real reason to do it the Max path doesn't match particularly well into the Kate Path (I played Max first so was surprised when things went a different route at the Doctors, Class etc beyond mere;y a change of perspective.

This might be because the dev felt having players do the same events multiple times was dull (given the existing repetition in the game adding more seems excessive) but I just felt it had nowhere to go, the school is dodgy but not strictly villainous, the club is secretive but does what it says on the tin, (BTW anyone else see parallels to Epstein and Maxwells set up just on a lower budget?)

Would I comeback if the update frequency picked up and the story seemed to be going somewhere ... probably I feel Lust Epidenic, Monkey Business and other have a better model with do a game finish it pit what you've learned into the sequel rather than constantly refining the one game, it's not as if you can't pick up any incomplete plot threads in a later game

That said if Big Brother was finished would it have spawned a genre?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Two more weeks until this project can be marked as abandonned am i right ?

Anyways, my opinion on this is that we can fairly assume the game will never know another release, and by maintaining silence (like he's very good at) even towards the most basic questions from his patrons, he also maintains a status quo.
By not stating things officially, he's keeping as much donations per month as possible.
If he announced the termination of the game, more ppl would unsubscribe. And basically if he said anything at this point instead of releasing an update it would have for consequence the loss of more patrons.
Now, i don't think an update will come out either, too much time has passed.
I strongly believe DS's team have stuff cooked one or more months in advance before release (that would also explain the lack of respect towards poll results sometimes). So if they ran out of cash, they still would have content to release.
After all, when BB was abandoned he still released an ultimate update with sex with Ann etc.
I also think if the steam release was an actual doable thing for his team, he would communicate on this more instead of keeping silent.

But I also don't know if something's going on the discord.
I honestly will feel relieved this gets an abandoned tag in the end so everyone and specially patrons can move on and invest in some other creators.
Wrong, 3 months with no contact with the dev or no game update in 18 months regardless how active the dev is.
Last contact on patreon was July 7, have no idea if there is a discord site or not.

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
An update that would end the Ann cockblock would be nice. That was a dumb turn of events in the plot to begin with. We had Kate as the resident school whore and now we have Max as the resident man-whore. It's beyond old and boring.

Reactions: Keioshin

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
So after reading DS' post on Patreon it seems this project is doomed to join Big Brother in the abandoned file. He's lost too many subs and the money is not rolling in anymore.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
There is a lot of talking about this situation, possible abandonment while he still has 900 hostages... oops sorry... subscribers. Usually it means average cca 10$ per subscriber. 9000$ brutto. At least 5000$ net after taxes. But he said: "it is not good enough! And then we heard why. He has his lazy deadbeat entourage of 5 openly telling they enjoyed being pampered by subscribers so they don't want to have normal rl job. Their expenses has risen, they have to rent appartment since they escaped from war... shortly, our easygoing lifestyle is now too expensive for income they are receiving. solution? cut your team (for example ditch social media and communication guy)? improve game to attract new subscribers? try to get back subscribers you lost?... no! solution is ask subscribers for more money or you'll abandon the game. but what after? since you don't want to work your solution is: you'll launch a new game. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Man, one of reasons you are in this shit is abandoning projects and cheating subscribers. first you betrayed bb fans by abandoning their game, then you betrayed kate fans by minorizing her updates, then you disappointed your hardcore bb fan turning bb segment of glamour into house of max, then you infected kate game with max and lost all remaining kate supporters. just because in one moment it seems to you that max fans will be enough to cover loss of old subscribers and bring extra profit. each of your polls showed you that max has majority, but they also showed that you have 30-40% unhappy people paying money. you ignored that second part and it worked for short period. while your original subscribers were leaving, max fans were there. but core-base fans of max are teen fapers, wannabe max in rl. they basically have no steady income (mainly playing free and being very loud) and your game being grindy and repeatable couldn't keep their attention for a long (and there are whole bunch of fast, non-grind renpy games with max look-alike charachter dominating family and all girls around). depending just on pocket money income subscribers, alienating all other, your game with worse scripting from update to update your "world of max" (formerlly known as glamour) sailed into night toward ice berg. nobody can save you anymore, since nobody trust you anymore.
and all of that was avoidable if you and your lazy social media expert actually read what people were writing. all of them, not just praises.
btw, some fans here are so praising renders as reason why your game should be supported. they are very good, but not revolutionary good or good enough to keep financing this pack of lies and cheats

Redhandlook

Jun 19, 2018
It is a shame it is a good concept and would have had potential. I think Glamor should have been 3 different games a the further adventures of max, further adventures of lisa and the kate story line. The updates were too small and not frequent enough. With the manpower the developers had and the money from their patrons it could and should have been better.

Antoninus

Oct 6, 2017
Was Kate or Max story, not both at the same time. Kate is probably not interesting enough guys ready to pay for a fully dedicated team. Max story has a better potential (more Patreons) but not the kind of dudes enjoying a slooooooooooow story, with not enough sex scenes.

DS failed his/her business plan. Kate's story was good only for a small team.

Reactions: erich111

Pelele

Jun 1, 2017
On the issue of BB and its cancellation at the time, Patreon's policies were blamed (Incest)

Darksilver had a ban of weeks until he removed the content and he did (Roles landlord, tenant) but he still decided to abandon it because he was not going to risk the enormous income he had thinking that everyone would follow him to Glamor

Making donors or patreons pay again for the game on Steam is the meanest thing I've ever read.

Reactions: leg28

su wei

Dec 15, 2019
The game was wrong from the start of the project, and the authors don't seem to understand what makes BB successful.

Male protagonists, beautiful women, competitors in the process, game mechanics that can fail, probability-based dialogue systems. These are the foundations for extending the life of the game and are now key to the success of many BB fan productions.

But dropping those things in Glamour makes the story linear, with no surprises and no incentive to play once a month. After a few years of updating, the old story has become very familiar, no changes, no surprises.

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
anyone have .53 incest patch with more dialogue?
Been a while since I last played this, but as far as I remember there's no need for a patch. There's an option in the menu where you can change the character mapping to whatever you want. You just go there and type in the relationships that you want the characters to have.

2.60 star(s) 184 Votes