pbot090

Oct 7, 2017
The two versions are looking in different places. To fix it go to your library (in the finder open the “Go” menu while holding down the option key and choose “Library”. The old saves are in the folder “Application Support/com.Company.ProductName/save”. The new ones are in the folder “Application Support/com.HachiGames.HailDicktator/save”. Just copy the newest file from the former folter into the latter and you should be good to continue.
Perfect! Thanks a bunch

Phernixx

Feb 27, 2022
Hello, I'm pretty new here and would just like to ask if there's a way to open up the game, I've downloaded many times before but it never open because of permission and this time it just straight up just won't open, I'm pretty stupid at this so is there a way for me to try the game out?

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Hello, I'm pretty new here and would just like to ask if there's a way to open up the game, I've downloaded many times before but it never open because of permission and this time it just straight up just won't open, I'm pretty stupid at this so is there a way for me to try the game out?
Hi, there was a bug in the mac version. I uploaded a fix now (0.32.2).
For permission problems, these posts might help you (especially the third)

In case of problems running it on MacOS:
https://f95zone.to/threads/hail-dicktator-v0-7-3-hachigames.51437/page-24#post-3694977
and
https://f95zone.to/threads/hail-dicktator-v0-7-3-hachigames.51437/page-24#post-3695094
and
https://f95zone.to/threads/hail-dicktator-v0-16-2-hachigames.51437/page-128#post-5375123

Phernixx

Feb 27, 2022
Hello, um so I tried the suggestion with the Unarchiver and it didn't work, and I'm hesitating to use the chmod thing because a post on one of your discussion said that it's pretty risky if you don't know what you're doing so I'm just blanking on what to do now, I didn't think it would this complicated just to open the game.

I can't imagine the shit you're going through to deal with this, sorry you're going through all this.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Hello, um so I tried the suggestion with the Unarchiver and it didn't work, and I'm hesitating to use the chmod thing because a post on one of your discussion said that it's pretty risky if you don't know what you're doing so I'm just blanking on what to do now, I didn't think it would this complicated just to open the game.

I can't imagine the shit you're going through to deal with this, sorry you're going through all this.
Unfortunately apple makes it somewhat hard for 3rd party software to be opened. This of course has both good and bad reasons. Alternatively to changing permissions, you could also try running the game in a different location.
What exact error message are you getting now? When I tested on a rented mac yesterday, I ran it after using unarchiver directly from the download directly, which gave me a warning, but let me click "open" anyways.

Phernixx

Feb 27, 2022
All it says is that the application can't be opened, that's it not the usual you don't have permission to open it.

Crap, is me updating to Monterey be the cause of this issue, oh no.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
All it says is that the application can't be opened, that's it not the usual you don't have permission to open it.

Crap, is me updating to Monterey be the cause of this issue, oh no.
I found a bunch of other suggestions here. It seems this affects a wide range of apps on mac:

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
hachigames I'm still running on Catalina and this is the message I get when trying to open the program after using the usual fixperm command that has worked for all past releases. Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 1.10.50 AM.png Intel processor. I'll also add that 0.32.1 from a couple days ago did not have this problem. Saves didn't work as we've established, but at least the game opened.

Last edited:

BeastofBarrrrg

Mar 18, 2019
hachigames

Just wanted to say thank you for yet another great release. This is one of the few games on here that I am excitedly waiting for an update. I greatly enjoy your renders, and the personality you imbue each character with. That being said be careful to be mindful of burnout as your health is more important than other peoples enjoyment.

Nothing else to say, just great job!

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
hachigames I'm still running on Catalina and this is the message I get when trying to open the program after using the usual fixperm command that has worked for all past releases. View attachment 1676634 Intel processor. I'll also add that 0.32.1 from a couple days ago did not have this problem. Saves didn't work as we've established, but at least the game opened.
The corrupted message I think can happen because of compression. Did you use the Unarchiever or the standard program?

Is it possible to just give us a patch so we don't have do download the whole game again?
I can make one for windows, but I'm not sure it will work for mac, since from what I'm reading, they really don't like changing an app bundle after it has been signed. But maybe it is possible to replace the asset bundles manually?

I'm sorry for this mess with the mac version. It has been an extremely frustrating day yesterday :/

Reactions: CCrusader

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
The corrupted message I think can happen because of compression. Did you use the Unarchiever or the standard program?

I can make one for windows, but I'm not sure it will work for mac, since from what I'm reading, they really don't like changing an app bundle after it has been signed. But maybe it is possible to replace the asset bundles manually?

I'm sorry for this mess with the mac version. It has been an extremely frustrating day yesterday :/
I'm using windows so it would be very useful. Downloading 2 gigs again is gonna take a long time for couple bug fixes so it's not worth it. Hope you get what I'm tryna say.

RDude47

Jul 23, 2020
The two versions are looking in different places. To fix it go to your library (in the finder open the “Go” menu while holding down the option key and choose “Library”. The old saves are in the folder “Application Support/com.Company.ProductName/save”. The new ones are in the folder “Application Support/com.HachiGames.HailDicktator/save”. Just copy the newest file from the former folter into the latter and you should be good to continue.
Thanks man - you saved my day!

Reactions: RSVHZ

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017

I tried it with both programs (Archive Utility, The Unarchiver) and yielded the same result. Unless the fixperm command I have is somehow out of date now I'm not sure what I can do on my end.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
I tried it with both programs (Archive Utility, The Unarchiver) and yielded the same result. Unless the fixperm command I have is somehow out of date now I'm not sure what I can do on my end.
Unfortunately, I can only really take stabs at the dark.

This article here suggests to use xattr to remove extended attributes.

The other possibility is, since from the screenshot I saw you downloaded from gofile.io, that something got corrupted there, and maybe it works from another source. (I only uploaded MEGA, file.gm, workupload and mixdrop myself).

Reactions: WaveOfPig

agmoyer

Dec 10, 2019
Well I was enjoying it until
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and how twisted the character was, didn't help the game gives fake choices that only function as a scene reset or I would've gladly let that character die. Forced to keep that one around tried to deal with it but being introduced to
. I can't spend anymore time on it, tried skipping to just hurry up and deal with
so I can go back and enjoy whatever scenes the others had but to even have a chance to deal with that character there are so many pre-requisites that forced me to skip other character's scenes potentially missing some good moments just to have a chance at dealing with that character.

Outside of those characters and the fake options, I like the game but I can't play it anymore or I'll probably end up hating it with the direction it's going.

• Haha
Reactions: dvstt
4.30 star(s) 207 Votes