Ren'Py Heather's Home and Dad's Dead [v1.5] [heathershome69]

1.50 star(s) 4 Votes

The_Ripper

Jul 9, 2021
Had a couple cracks at trying to like this but the mechanics are horrible. Dev needs to rethink their approach and start back from scratch. Story seems like it could be good and renders seem ok. But the sexx scene animation mechanics, the dialogue and free roam style stuff is god awful. Seems all the effort has been put into doing the sex scene videos and nothing else. I think there is talent and potential hidden behind and betrayed by very poor decisions here.

Reactions: Heathershome69

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Removed
Had a couple cracks at trying to like this but the mechanics are horrible. Dev needs to rethink their approach and start back from scratch. Story seems like it could be good and renders seem ok. But the sexx scene animation mechanics, the dialogue and free roam style stuff is god awful. Seems all the effort has been put into doing the sex scene videos and nothing else. I think there is talent and potential hidden behind and betrayed by very poor decisions here.
Thanks for your input I will remove the "free roam style stuff is god awful". I had a hardware upgrade mid-v1.3 and yes I have been focusing mainly on the sex scenes since it's just heather and me. Good feedback tho thanks. I will put out a hot fix.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tatsuya25

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
I'll be asking the moderator to update the hotfix link, which will eliminate all issues with forest roaming. The fix ensures that nothing will be hidden, and anything that needs clicking will be clearly highlighted upon hovering. Heather and I began coding just last December, so we truly value your feedback and are thrilled to be working on this project. Here's the updated Mega in the meantime. Happy Sunday.
link:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tatsuya25 and JLuix

lexisjohnny

Aug 23, 2019
Jesus christ, this game is an absolute mess. If games were websites, this is a geocities homepage. Zero navigation. All the sex scenes are in slow mo, without any sort of intuitive skipping. It's bizarre how this was constructed.

I've seen messes before, but this one -literally-, without exxageration needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
I'm stuck in here and can't get out. I can't find the key. What do I have to do to continue the game View attachment 2425613
In the hotfix, I have removed the forest roaming content. However, if you are using a previous save, you may encounter issues. On the bright side, we have added two new H scenes featuring Ava in the bath and a ghost girl. To fully experience these new additions, we recommend starting a new game, especially since we have made it faster to access the content.
Here is the link to v1.3hotfix

Reactions: JLuix and yashabin

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
In the hotfix, I have removed the forest roaming content. However, if you are using a previous save, you may encounter issues. On the bright side, we have added two new H scenes featuring Ava in the bath and a ghost girl. To fully experience these new additions, we recommend starting a new game, especially since we have made it faster to access the content.
Here is the link to v1.3hotfix
Mega
DUDE you missed the point.
Don't remove the content.

BUT add navigation for crying out loud.

People are not at all amused searching the screen with their mouse to search for a replace me images with glow.
Make it easily seen.

You don't add intrigue or mystery with your approach.
All you cause is anger and frustration by hiding stuff.

Hide stuff that has absolutely no influence on the story, and is a bonus. Like extra images for gallery or something.

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
DUDE you missed the point.
Don't remove the content.

BUT add navigation for crying out loud.

People are not at all amused searching the screen with their mouse to search for a replace me images with glow.
Make it easily seen.

You don't add intrigue or mystery with your approach.
All you cause is anger and frustration by hiding stuff.

Hide stuff that has absolutely no influence on the story, and is a bonus. Like extra images for gallery or something.
Thank you for your feedback. While this is just a hotfix, I want to assure you that I am working diligently to revamp the gameplay from the ground up. The new changes will create a more enjoyable experience, and your choices will have a significant impact on the game's outcome and the animations/H-scenes that you encounter.

Reactions: spitfire335

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Hello, everyone! I hope you're all having a fantastic Sunday. I'm excited to announce that version 1.4 of my game will be available to the public starting this coming Friday, May 5th! This new version of the game has been completely revamped, with a brand new battle system and some amazing surprises that are sure to excite you. What's more, I've included alternate endings that depend on the choices you make throughout the game. As a token of my appreciation to all my valued subscribers, the game is available now across all tiers. Stay horny my friends!

Reactions: KiGa and JLuix

JLuix

Jul 1, 2017
Hello, everyone! I hope you're all having a fantastic Sunday. I'm excited to announce that version 1.4 of my game will be available to the public starting this coming Friday, May 5th! This new version of the game has been completely revamped, with a brand new battle system and some amazing surprises that are sure to excite you. What's more, I've included alternate endings that depend on the choices you make throughout the game. As a token of my appreciation to all my valued subscribers, the game is available now across all tiers. Stay horny my friends!
That sounds great, thank you very much.
:)

• Red Heart
1.50 star(s) 4 Votes