Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I didn't like the gender choose option. It will increase the workload of developer. And probably will reduce the amount of content per release.
It won't. The gender option is in thanks to the hardware upgrade that makes it possible to render much faster.

It is designed to be sustainable in terms of workload needed. The game will be always released in full chapters.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I didn't like the gender choose option. It will increase the workload of developer. And probably will reduce the amount of content per release.
Nope and nope. The gender option was intended at the beginning of the development and will only allow Nottravis to have more fun writing more scenes. It won't change the workload nor duration of release, since she got a new more performant rig and can easily render the 10 to 20% additional picture needed for each chapter.

So don't worry, and if you don't like playing as a femC, well don't do it. You'l lstill have plenty to do as maleMC :)

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Nope and nope. The gender option was intended at the beginning of the development and will only allow Nottravis to have more fun writing more scenes. It won't change the workload nor duration of release, since she got a new more performant rig and can easily render the 10 to 20% additional picture needed for each chapter.

So don't worry, and if you don't like playing as a femC, well don't do it. You'l lstill have plenty to do as maleMC :)

Yeah, I have the same feeling, not a fan of Female and BBC (MC), this is what is holding me of becoming a Patreon

will play the older version later

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Only increase the amount of content. Gender choice was planned already, but to be added later. That's the nice thing about Notty as a developer: she plans ahead, and actually has the storyline planned until the last chapter already. To me, that made her a safer bet to support than many other developers, who have no idea in which direction their story will go in 2-3 more updates. For some, writing a story during development might work, but most such developments I see either abandoned or become far-fetched/ridiculous/incomprehensible. And that's not counting the cases where odd player demands get shoe-horned in, only frustrating original supporters because a game they liked suddenly turns into something they find disgusting.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
So guys are saying that rendering 1 image has equal amount of time rendering 2 image? There will be delay even if it is a little. I am not even mentioning about script that he has to write both for male and female in mind.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
I don't see why slowing down the development of the game for some graphics improvements, just improve them starting with chapter 4, they were not perfect, but good enough, very bad decision from the dev, the only part that really needed remake was the phone interface, the green shit was ugly, and seemed to be futuristic from a 80s guy point of view, a more modern colorful interface would be better.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
So guys are saying that rendering 1 image has equal amount of time rendering 2 image? There will be delay even if it is a little. I am not even mentioning about script that he has to write both for male and female in mind.
The rendering is now roughly four times faster than it used to be, so there is a capacity for increased amount of renders.

The dev has the entire game plotted, including the FMC. Writing is the easiest part for her.

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
So guys are saying that rendering 1 image has equal amount of time rendering 2 image? There will be delay even if it is a little.
They're saying that since the MC doesn't actually appear in many renders, the difference will be proportionately far less than simply doubling the time. The difference between having to render 16 scenes compared to previously 14 is far less than having to render 200 compared to 50. Opposing such a good quality of life inclusion because it will make development approximately 2% slower is facile, especially when the game is already being remade.

The rendering is now roughly four times faster than it used to be, so there is a capacity for increased amount of renders.
I wish I could quote this ten times for emphasis but I'm new to this whole forum game

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016

The dev has the entire game plotted, including the FMC. Writing is the easiest part for her.
Dude, i know what you are trying to say but you don't about mine. It is like talking to closed wall. I am not comparing his/her past rigs with now. There is a simple math. Rendering 2 image takes more than rendering 1 image even if it is very little since it is a pov game.

Sep 24, 2019
Well, maybe both if it's not too much work?

The standard release is already compressed for best quality/size ratio. There are a lot of renders in it. I worry the crunched version could be quite inferior in quality at this point.
Agreed, but it doesn't matter. Either way android devices cannot read .jpg files. So I'll need to change the file type anyways. But I'll try to do it without reducing any image quality. This will take a long time tho so for now I'll just release the remastered CRUNCHED version.

APK CRUNCHED remaster of heavy five;

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Dude, i know what you are trying to say but you don't about mine. It is like talking to closed wall. I am not comparing his/her past rigs with now. There is a simple math. Rendering 2 image takes more than rendering 1 image even if it is very little since it is a pov game.
OK, yes more renders mean more development time obviously than lesser amount of them.

I'm not sure what your concern is though. If it's about the release frequency, I suggest to wait and see how it will go with future chapters. You can then judge for yourself if it's reasonable for you or not.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Yes, two is superior to one, thank you :p

But what we're trying to say is that it doesn't change anything since the releases will still happen when they happen. And it's not just done for the sake of adding a few renders here and there, there is actual content to go with it. I can understand that players who don't care for a female MC don't like to think that the part of the game they do wait for takes more time, but that's just how the game will be.

Not all renders in a game are seen by everyone, should they be considered as useless then? This is part of the development time. For example, I dislike foot fetish. This is really something I simply do not understand. If a dev makes a footjob scene, I won't go out and say this was wasted time or anything. It's just the way it is.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Agreed, but it doesn't matter. Either way android devices cannot read .jpg files. So I'll need to change the file type anyways. But I'll try to do it without reducing any image quality. This will take a long time tho so for now I'll just release the remastered CRUNCHED version.

APK CRUNCHED remaster of heavy five;
Thanks for all your efforts either way. :)

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
I am not comparing his/her past rigs with now. There is a simple math. Rendering 2 image takes more than rendering 1 image even if it is very little since it is a pov game.
Right. But your concern was that there would be less content per release, or that releases would slow down, right? If you're comparing that to the old releases (which is the only reference point we have to now) then it's not a concern, because as Akamari has explained the new speed of rendering is more than fast enough to compensate for it.

If you're comparing it to a theoretical release schedule with the new production methods but without the extra options then sure, it's causing a delay - but that doesn't make it a reasonable concern, since by definition any added content would be causing a "delay", and if the proportion of alternate renders to unchanged ones is small enough it will become irrelevant.

Let's wait and see, shall we?

There is a simple math.
You know, I've heard it said that "simple" math is rarely simple.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I'll go theoretical here since I don't know the real numbers but bear with me.
Imagine an update of 600 renders with a rendering time of let's say an hour per render, now imagine 10% of those renders show the MC, multiply by 3 for the other race/gender, that makes 180 additional renders, so the difference is 600 hours of rendering for one gender/races versus 780 hours for 4 gender/race, hardly anything to ride home.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
OK, yes more renders mean more development time obviously than lesser amount of them.

I'm not sure what your concern is though. If it's about the release frequency, I suggest to wait and see how it will go with future chapters. You can then judge for yourself if it's reasonable for you or not.
I don't have any concern and that's what i am doing (waiting).. Can't i just tell my opinions or my worries? Is it forbidden to speak? I don't know why are you all going so defensive over nothing.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Yes, two is superior to one, thank you :p

But what we're trying to say is that it doesn't change anything since the releases will still happen when they happen. And it's not just done for the sake of adding a few renders here and there, there is actual content to go with it. I can understand that players who don't care for a female MC don't like to think that the part of the game they do wait for takes more time, but that's just how the game will be.

Not all renders in a game are seen by everyone, should they be considered as useless then? This is part of the development time. For example, I dislike foot fetish. This is really something I simply do not understand. If a dev makes a footjob scene, I won't go out and say this was wasted time or anything. It's just the way it is.
You are awfully mentioning about female MC all the time. Maybe i am into female MC not male one.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I don't have any concern and that's what i am doing (waiting).. Can't i just tell my opinions or my worries? Is it forbidden to speak? I don't know why are you all going so defensive over nothing.
No need to get upset. We're just trying to respond to your opinons, explain the situation, and address your worries to you. All in good faith. :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes