DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Something looks really off on Chris from remaster, I can't put my finger on it
It is a different skin and Notty stayed as close to original as possible, also with better lighting. Unfortunately the smallest changes can feel great or bad to anyone,

Reactions: TheDevian

tontoman

May 4, 2017
It is a different skin and Notty stayed as close to original as possible, also with better lighting. Unfortunately the smallest changes can feel great or bad to anyone,
Is the actual skeleton/skin the same (polygon base)? Because if so, just shows how much makeup and lighting can change things. If you compare the two, you can see slight changes in things like eyebrows, but for me I see the biggest change in the nose. The bridge of the nose looks fatter, whether due to lighting or size don't know.
Comparing pics of her sitting on the lounge sofa.

Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Is the actual skeleton/skin the same (polygon base)? Because if so, just shows how much makeup and lighting can change things. If you compare the two, you can see slight changes in things like eyebrows, but for me I see the biggest change in the nose. The bridge of the nose looks fatter, whether due to lighting or size don't know.
Comparing pics of her sitting on the lounge sofa.
Yeah, everything else about her is the same, the skin and maybe hair changed a bit, but the model should be the same in all other ways. The biggest change is the lighting, she can now render the whole scene at once, with natural lighting, where before she was having to render it a piece at a time, and put them together in something like photoshop. Crazy how much some small details make. :p

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Except the "spanking" tag. I don't know where that came from. (I think the tag appeared there only recently.) :unsure: While that will be in the game, it won't happen until probably Chapter Five.
There was a big run of spanking tags getting added to games, saw it pop up in lots of sub/dom games, I guess when it became a standard tag?
But technically, it shouldn't be there as tags should only represent what's there currently, not what's planned (rule 2).
https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I understand this is a REMASTERED VERISON... but since 2019 only 1 CHAPTER was finished and thid game is - what - 10 CHAPTERS??
Huh? There were three chapters finished and released by July (that accounts also for two months hiatus in development due to illness) and fourth finished but unreleased due to the decision to remaster in September. The remaster is extensive, so it takes time.

The real question is, - WHEN WILL THE FULL 10 CHAPTER REMASTERED VERSION BE FINISHED??
When it's done.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I understand this is a REMASTERED VERISON... but since 2019 only 1 CHAPTER was finished and thid game is - what - 10 CHAPTERS??

The real question is, - WHEN WILL THE FULL 10 CHAPTER REMASTERED VERSION BE FINISHED??
The remaster took time because all assets have been tweaked and every new chapter will have all the content that had been removed by lack of resources and skills at the time. Now the dev has become way better and the whole game is already written, so it should be way quicker. Chapter 2 should be out soon, and the full game will be done when it's done.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019

I'm not sure whether even Notty has any current guestimate for that. She did mention wanting to send out a test version of Chapter 2 at the end of this week to a very select few people (only three I think, and I'm definitely not one of them), which would suggest that she hopes to release it next week.

Each chapter seems to get bigger in the amount of renders required (also according to Notty's own estimates), but, on the other hand, the amount of environments she can re-use for her renders will also increase, which might speed up production time more than an increased amount of renders would slow it down. It can easily take her an evening, or even a day, to design up a room for some scene. But, once she has that room, she won't have to design it again for future scenes in that location. Unless something like a big fire happened, ofcourse. :rolleyes:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
:)
Nottravis said:
Weekly update - The "Crikey!" edition

Hi guys :)

So the animations for the naughties have been re-run and are all finished. By using both machines and just leaving them to get on with it (Daz can slow down and do weird things at times if you try to run other applications I find with four minute renders slowly creeping up the time to eleven minutes at one point, so I just left everything alone bar peeking at the render time), I've cranked out over 2,000 renders. In a week. (alright a week and an overnight but even so!)

So that's a benchmark going forward. Ring fence a week for the ani's, keep it to 2,000 frames and I'm golden for each chapter. They also look a -lot- better than the animations I originally ran, so worth it.

So it's just quality checking now. Thankfully with all the scenes set up and with no "Ooo! I could put that in"'s from me on this chapter it should be a lot more straightforward than the mess I had with Chapter One where I ended up having to re-do most of it due to it continuity errors.

I've twelve blocks of scenes so I'm trying to get three or four a day (some are bigger than others) and I've got Thursday off from work to help me whip through to the end.

I am spotting a couple already. Nothing major and I dare say a lot of people wouldn't notice anyway but they do make me look a little sloppy and I don't want to spoil your experience at all. But if they stay at this level then they are all in the realm of spot rendering work. See if you can find the error... (no, there isn't a prize :) )
1583832881340.png

I do have one thing to ponder as I work through it though on the clickables side of things. Oh they don't need more work or anything like that. It's more of a gameplay experience sorta thing I just want to think about as I run through the file again.

My thoughts on the clickables was that I had three types of players. Those that didn't care for them; those that would every now and again hit them and the completionists who would actively go out and find them all.

Since the main game can be played without them (your progress doesn't grind to a halt just because you haven't found something) and with a little mix of jokes and hidden objects I thought I'd got the balance right to appeal to everyone. But the thought struck me that since some hidden objects can change scenes (the die or the beer bottles in One for example) would I be forcing the players who didn't care for them to hunt them down anyway so they didn't feel as though they missing anything? So instead of it being a reward for those who like to hunt stuff down am I now making a chore for those who don't like them? In essence forcing them to do stuff they don't want to be doing and making their gameplay experience poorer so they don't feel as though they've missed stuff. I dunno.

I'd welcome your thoughts on this one.

Anyhoo. Renders to QI! Laters.

Last edited:

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Can anyone link me the old chapters (all of them)? I understand that this is undergoing a makeover, but i'm still curious to play the game as it was.

Reactions: Akamari
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes