DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Exactly. As I once said, chapters 1 to 3 should now be seen as an early demo of what the game would offer in term of writing quality, and the remaster is the real deal.
Yeah this is not really a remake or remaster as was intended originally. Notty took the ball and as is her wont when wants to please her fans not just tried to score but took the ball out of the stadium and into the stratosphere. :p Well it is one of her strengths and weakness at same time. :)

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Yeah this is not really a remake or remaster as was intended originally. Notty took the ball and as is her wont when wants to please her fans not just tried to score but took the ball out of the stadium and into the stratosphere. :p Well it is one of her strengths and weakness at same time. :)
to be precise Notty took the ball and decided to shoot hoops on alpha centauri

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
like that preview render of Chris that she had to re-do because it wasn't sharp enough,,,,
Yeah I mean, when the difference between 98 and 99.9 % production value is half a year or so then maybe the wait isn't worth it? I mean the new stuff is really really top notch, but I liked the old stuff too. I'm mainly here for Nottys writing anyway, crisp renders are only the chocolate topping on my sexy sundae. I can do without, if that means I get to enjoy it today rather than 2021.

If ceiling Notty is reading this then I'm sorry to be a complainer, but my balls have now turned deep purple and retreated back into my body.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yeah I mean, when the difference between 98 and 99.9 % production value is half a year or so then maybe the wait isn't worth it?
Nah, the production value difference in half a year is more like 98 and 500%.

I mean the new stuff is really really top notch, but I liked the old stuff too. I'm mainly here for Nottys writing anyway, crisp renders are only the chocolate topping on my sexy sundae. I can do without, if that means I get to enjoy it today rather than 2021.
It's only thanks to the remaster that we will get to enjoy much, much more of Notty's writing. It's not just visuals. It is worth the wait.

She's working hard to get it finished, however it can't be rushed and knowingly released flawed. Quality first.

I don't have a crystal ball(s), but my guts tell me it won't take much longer.

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Quality first.
Yea I was in that camp for the longest time, but I'm starting to think it puts too much pressure on Notty to produce finished highly polished chapters instead of just focusing on story progression. The longer the wait the higher the expectations. I'm not convinced that's a great environment for Notty. We've seen entire months of absolutely nothing, for no good reason. Chasing perfection like Notty does seems to come with a heavy toll.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Yea I was in that camp for the longest time, but I'm starting to think it puts too much pressure on Notty to produce finished highly polished chapters instead of just focusing on story progression. The longer the wait the higher the expectations. I'm not convinced that's a great environment for Notty. We've seen entire months of absolutely nothing, for no good reason. Chasing perfection like Notty does seems to come with a heavy toll.
I can't say I disagree, but that's just how she is. She has a thirst for perfection even in scenes that no player will ever encounter. We're telling her to let out a bit of steam, but once she has something in mind, it's almost impossible to turn her away from it. Some of us (the testers) have access to a bit more of inside info, so I can guarantee y'all that she does nothing but work, work and work evermore on the release, but she's cursed with the mind of a perfectionist. All we can do is hope that she'll see the light and be at least half as satisfied with the chapter as we'll be happy to play it.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yea I was in that camp for the longest time, but I'm starting to think it puts too much pressure on Notty to produce finished highly polished chapters instead of just focusing on story progression. The longer the wait the higher the expectations. I'm not convinced that's a great environment for Notty.
No, it's not great. Pressure coming from impatient people isn't great. You know what would be a great environment for her? One where she doesn't have to concern herself that months are coming to an end. Where she doesn't have to make highly polished chapters but just one highly polished complete game. But that environment isn't possible. Not yet at least. It might be with the next game.

When you're creating something there is only one person you absolutely have to make happy with it. Yourself. Otherwise you won't enjoy it.

We've seen entire months of absolutely nothing, for no good reason.
I haven't. Not a single month. Notty shares a huge amount of details about the development. I guess you don't follow it as closely like those of us who visit her forum daily, which I can't blame you for, but factually your statement is false. There was always something and there were always good reasons. It didn't stop.

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
We're telling her to let out a bit of steam, but once she has something in mind, it's almost impossible to turn her away from it.
As testers, we're also telling her when we feel something is flawed. Let's not absolve ourselves of that responsibility. It's not only her perfectionism.;)

So if anyone can't wait anymore and need to point fingers, you can point one at me. I don't have your immediate interests at heart. I wouldn't tell Notty something is fine when I feel it's not just so that you can play earlier. I'd argue I have your overall best interests at heart but you need to wait a bit for those.:)

but she's cursed with the mind of a perfectionist. All we can do is hope that she'll see the light and be at least half as satisfied with the chapter as we'll be happy to play it.
It may look like a curse, but it's a blessing actually. The best games are made by perfectionists.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hey, I said finger! Not whatever that thing is! :eek:
Besides it is not like Huity is any better as you. :p But yeah there is no doubt about it her perfectionism and her liking to take responsibility are some of her biggest strengths and weaknesses that drive her. Without them she would not be Notty though and not the person who is making this game. You have to take the good with the bad or you have nothing.

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
I guess you don't follow it as closely like those of us who visit her forum daily, which I can't blame you for, but factually your statement is false.
Hey man that's uncalled for. I'm an avid lurker and I know whats going on over there. Also that's just wrong. She recently refunded a month's worth of patreon donations because she couldn't deliver (not her fault I know, but still, don't say I'm wrong when I'm not). Also remember that time she went completely AWOL? I thought it was all over.

Regarding the rest of your post: You may not believe this but when dealing with a perfectionist at work, if u give them unlimited time then I guarantee it, whatever they are doing will take forever. I'm not saying Notty is like this, I don't know her, but maybe just maybe you are treating this whole situation wrong by glorifying perfection and egging it on.

I've seen many a good project stall and fizzle out because it just takes too damn long to deliver anything. People get annoyed, lose interest, forget et c. I'm just saying I'm starting to see the warning signs and I sincerely hope this project doesn't end up there.

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
I was going to say that, personally, I think it's pretty incredible that our one-woman dev machine is putting more work into this remaster than some entire professional game studios do but that's probably a discussion for another time*cough*

On behalf of Notty, I thank you for your patience :)
Some malevolent assholes (alright, this was me) had told her that the animations for chapter 2 weren't up to par and she spent a lot of time reworking them while still improving bits here and there
C'mon Huitie, be honest. The real reason you told Notty to make the animations prettier was so you could have more time with the chapter tester-only, to make sure you saw all the content before us regular fans :p

When you're creating something there is only one person you absolutely have to make happy with it. Yourself. Otherwise you won't enjoy it.
.....it's a blessing actually. The best games are made by perfectionists.
Couldn't agree more. In fact, one of the most common things to see lamented by players and developers both is what could have been accomplished if they had just a little more time, or could take the time to implement a mechanic properly instead of having to rush for release. It'll take as long as it takes; I'm happy to accept that.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes