88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
TNT, can I have a look too?! ;)

I presume you are Italian.
Welcome to Heavy Five's thread! :)

First time I see this error with Heavy Five and I can assure you that I and many others have already overwritten (too many time ;)) a save without a single problem.

I assume that you have already overwritten others save without any problem also.

With the error's report, it seems that a save file is missing..
Just go to "C:\Utenti\Your user's name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\HeavyFive-1539847940".
Is a "2-6-LT1.save" file there?

It shouldn't according to your error's report. If so, open "D:\RENPAY GAMES\Heavy Five\Heavy Five-1R\game\saves\", it should be there.
Just copy and paste "2-6-LT1.save" to the first location, it should fix this little inconvenience.

Is it solved?
Yeah, it solved I think. I saved it wit right click.

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
Hey speaking of waiting for the rest of the story? I started reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time some 25 years ago. This motherfucker then proceeds to release his books once every leap year and then fucking dies in 2007 before finishing it. So you can say I've been bitten before lol.
That's a pretty simple fix, right? We just have to make sure Notty doesn't spend all her time adding lovingly-detailed descriptions of clothes and food :p

Beta sent to the testers this morning... Boy is it fucking great!
You've got your countdown for release now, buddy!
Spoiler alert, I've paused my patreon as I fear there's no way it'll be finished before the end of the week.
Don't do that, man! You need to buy food and stuff :)

Reactions: DA22

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Some info from Notty.:)

Notty said:
Final tally for Chapter Two... (no, not Tali - she's dead)

40,166 words of dialogue (which qualifies it as an actual novel - fancy that!)
7,473 lines of code
1,287 still renders (excluding renders for background fluff)
17 animations of @3,471 render frames.

I'll give it until lunchtime then make a call on what to do.

I'm as keen as everyone else to get it out but, after all this, I really don't want to release anything that falls over for the sake of a day or so. It's the difference between "wow" and "well, that was awful"

It's the QA that bothers me. Even after all the testing, one of the testers picked up a graphical error that I hadn't spotted which related to a flaw in the underlying asset. Since this couldn't be removed it led to a hasty small re-write of a minor plot line to accommodate it. Fun in its own way to have write something like that, but I'm plagued with "what else haven't we spotted?". I suppose also...I'm not aiming to make disposal fluff. I want this to be a classic. The ME of AVN's.

Edit:

Amateurs....

...and they didn't even have any knob jokes in theirs!

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Nottravis said:
The "It's done but..." update

It's done. Finished. Complete. But I have a couple of issues to resolve before I'm happy releasing it which I'll explain in a moment.

First off scores on the doors.
  • 40,166 words of dialogue (which qualifies it as an actual novel!)
  • 7,473 lines of code
  • 1,287 still renders (excluding renders for background fluff)
  • 17 animations of @3,471 render frames.
This is a big update, as you may have gathered, and is barely recognisable to the original if you've played the earlier Chapter Two.

What the heck have I been doing this month (the big one)?

Given the game was largely finished in Feb this is a fair question (we all know what happened in March...nothing.). The first level testing revealed a significant flaw in that version. Oh, there was nothing wrong with it as such. It was playable for sure and the content and graphics were fine but I'd made a significant error in terms of gameplay. I was thinking too much like a writer and not a game developer and the free roam element of the game was just too big.

Now you may think "So what". I certainly did being more focused on world building and content creation rather than gameplay but the major issue was that there far more rooms and places for you to explore than you could actually do in the time allowed (this is after all a continuation of the first day). I'd thought this was a good thing. That it locked down the location design, allowed players to make their own choices on where to go and would lead to you all having slightly different experiences which ultimately is what I want to achieve. I was wrong.

What actually happened was my playtester made a save before exploring, explored the rooms they could, then reloaded, then explored some more, then reloaded, then...etc etc. Then finally they booted up a save once more and explored the rooms they wanted to for their save to continue. This took them the best part of an afternoon. Clicking on things.

"So what?" I hear some of you cry again. Well, it killed the pace of the game. Instead of being a story driven game with an interlude in the middle, it turned into a huge point and click adventure and, unlike future chapters where there are people and events in the locations, here it was all rather empty. Worse was, no matter how good the exploring content is, it became boring. A chore.

They felt they -had- to explore all the rooms in order to get the best save or in case they missed something good even though they loathe the clicky stuff as gameplay. My protestations that it was all optional (it is) and could be skipped (it can be) fell on deaf ears. So I had to rework this section for this chapter ensuring that the rooms available did meet the time available at least to the extent it remained playable. Given that the location finds could trigger events and dialogue options the stripping out of the code wasn't just a case of deleting a chunk of the game and took me some time. As confirmation that this was the right thing to do, the second batch of testers thought the revised pace was just right and that more content would, indeed, have been overwhelming. There is an awful lot of it as it is. Pointless releasing a game that isn't fun to play...

None of it has gone to waste of course. I now have everything ready to drop in next time which is something.

What the heck have I been doing this month (the other ones)?

This wasn't all. There was some map re-working, including mechanisms to ensure the player knew when the last turn was coming up, adding a skip feature etc. Trisha got a slight tweak to her lip gloss to make her look better, there's been a save and load screen added, animations have been smoothed out further, the power plant information screen got a rework, and a host of other minor bits and bobs that just improved things generally.

Sarah's RPG also got a makeover. Again, not because of anything being wrong with it but...I suddenly thought of a joke. A good one. The best one I've ever come up with. But it needed her game to have the slightest name change and so, for the sake of this gag...I had to redo every single image. Five hundred of them if I include the animations. Was it worth it? I think so. It's funny so....yes?

What the heck have I been doing this month (the final one)?

The final snag at the moment is the opacity slider. It's back and it works! Sort of.

If you start from Chapter One it works perfectly. Whilst playing Chapter Two it works perfectly. If you load a save from Chapter One to play Chapter Two it works...80% of the time.

I've had a crash report where the tester loaded up and instead of a one time screen interruption telling them about the new feature, it just crashed the game. It's the only instance but you won't thank me if you happen to be in the 20% so I have to solve this one.

Testing reports

A small host of little things. Typos etc all of which have been nailed but the important bit is the testers....liked it. A lot. Their words, not mine.

Graphics are way up there, the writing is witty and funny and interesting and fascinating, clicketies are everywhere with tons of jokes and insights.

I FREAKING LOVED IT!

The change in quality is astounding! Fantastic job!

Putting it all together, the classic VN parts with choices that matter, freeroam with no boring locations and plenty to keep the player occupied with and intrigued or amused by, and a variety of nightly entertainment with the girls...it's beyond great.

So I think they liked it, and I hope you will too. I just need a couple of more days I'm afraid to resolve this bug and then let the testers run through it all one more time in case any of my corrections have screwed anything up. I'll be as quick as I can.

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
Nottravis said:
It's the QA that bothers me. Even after all the testing, one of the testers picked up a graphical error that I hadn't spotted which related to a flaw in the underlying asset. Since this couldn't be removed it led to a hasty small re-write of a minor plot line to accommodate it.
Notty has followed the Path and ascended as a true dev, "working as intended" is the developer's preferred fix after all.

Nottravis said:
If you start from Chapter One it works perfectly. Whilst playing Chapter Two it works perfectly. If you load a save from Chapter One to play Chapter Two it works...80% of the time.

I've had a crash report where the tester loaded up and instead of a one time screen interruption telling them about the new feature, it just crashed the game.
Well, she was right about making it the ME of AVNs :p

In all seriousness, thanks for some more great updates Akamari (and Notty, of course). I knew this game update was going to be big but it's hard to comprehend just how much by until you see it detailed like that.
It's close, my brethren (and sistren). I can almost taste it!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Here is one of the Patreon only sneak pic. I thought that it be nice showing you the difference between now and then :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Biggest difference, the red thing got larger.

• Haha
Reactions: LordCharmz and DA22

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Here is one of the Patreon only sneak pic. I thought that it be nice showing you the difference between now and then :D

Ohmagosh, her uniform jacket doesn't cling to her belly! Boobs matter!:whistle:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
ok thank you. btw where that i can find tle old version ch 2 & 3 if still available?
Under a spoiler in the first post (just above old screenshots).

However, the upcoming Remastered Two is massively bigger (and better) than the original, so I recommend playing that when it releases in the near future. :)

kang34

Jul 24, 2019
Under a spoiler in the first post (just above old screenshots).

However, the upcoming Remastered Two is massively bigger (and better) than the original, so I recommend playing that when it releases in the near future. :)
you mean ch3 v1.2? so there is no ch 2. ok

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes