Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Nope, you're talking about McGruder. But double the redhead, double the love :D
Huh, I guess I thought they are the same person. :unsure:

Well, she's still gorgeous petite fit redhead and hopefully at least slightly crazy, so that's not a bad package either. ;)

Reactions: Huitieme

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Not yet (unless something has changed).
Any word as to when remastered chapter 3 will arrive? (I normally don't like asking about updates but my celibate LT is wondering if he'll have a chance next chapter)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Any word as to when remastered chapter 3 will arrive? (I normally don't like asking about updates but my celibate LT is wondering if he'll have a chance next chapter)
When it's ready. :cool: It's too early in the development cycle to make any estimations.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well, Two only came out a couple of weeks ago, so not imminently I'm afraid. As you'll appreciate H5 is a big game (even Two had ten significant endings and forty paths) so the workload is fairly heavy.

Not so much the writing. That I find easy, even if the word count is equivalent to novel (it is too *checked*) and the quality is rather high, and ofc it helps that the whole thing is plotted and I'm not making it up as I go along.

The big restriction is the speed of image production. A single card (although a good one), coupled with the number of images I need is the blocker. Chapter Two needed some 1,400 renders for stills and around 4,000 for the animations. Even limiting myself to a maximum render time of 20 mins per render, by compromising on the render quality, there is only so much I can do in respect of speed of production I'm afraid. I know I could cut down the number of renders needed by either changing my style or looping the animations but...it wouldn't be the same game if I did.

I'll have a better idea tho once I've got the sections done.

Harris will be on remastered chapter 3 right? :unsure:
We'll have to wait and see... ;)

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, Two only came out a couple of weeks ago, so not imminently I'm afraid. As you'll appreciate H5 is a big game (even Two had ten significant endings and forty paths) so the workload is fairly heavy.

Not so much the writing. That I find easy, even if the word count is equivalent to novel (it is too *checked*) and the quality is rather high, and ofc it helps that the whole thing is plotted and I'm not making it up as I go along.

The big restriction is the speed of image production. A single card (although a good one), coupled with the number of images I need is the blocker. Chapter Two needed some 1,400 renders for stills and around 4,000 for the animations. Even limiting myself to a maximum render time of 20 mins per render, by compromising on the render quality, there is only so much I can do in respect of speed of production I'm afraid. I know I could cut down the number of renders needed by either changing my style or looping the animations but...it wouldn't be the same game if I did.

I'll have a better idea tho once I've got the sections done.

We'll have to wait and see... ;)
Thank you, as I said I don't normally ask. And I am fine with waiting. Quality is worth the wait.

As I don't know anything about rendering I was wondering if it would be possible to use a shared network of PCs to render? I was thinking about how SETI would process a bunch of information with voluntary PCs, could someone in theory do the same thing with rendering graphics?

As I said I don't know anything about the process but I was curious if a distributed workload was possible.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thank you, as I said I don't normally ask. And I am fine with waiting. Quality is worth the wait.

As I don't know anything about rendering I was wondering if it would be possible to use a shared network of PCs to render? I was thinking about how SETI would process a bunch of information with voluntary PCs, could someone in theory do the same thing with rendering graphics?

As I said I don't know anything about the process but I was curious if a distributed workload was possible.
Just one warning though, if you just think Sarah is a dumb blonde you have not been paying attention. :p Also do not believe everything anyone may say about others.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
She certainly _seems_ pretty stupid, but thats part of her charm i feel, then again i might have missed something too(very easy to do in this game :LOL: )
She does seem stupid, but she's far from it. I'd call her "focus challenged" more than stupid. After all, you've seen already how tech-savvy she can be.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hehe, yeah, but especially that segment during CoC (story about her being spanked) didn't exactly make her look like a genius, but she does seem more teach interested than the usual "dumb blonde", thats true.
Wait for chapter 3, the old version was when she really shined for me. Before that, I didn't find her really interesting, but all her scenes in the old chapter 3 were pure gold :D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What did i miss? :) (no spoilers pls, if its from ch 3)
Well like Huity said she seems pretty easily distracted yeah and maybe even somewhat socially inept. Part of the spoilers are chapter 3 indeed and none of us but Notty knows whether they are still in, how or changed so will keep silent about that, but just say old chapter 3 was where Sarah really shined. :p For chapter two just listen to her explanation of those VR goggles or chapter 1 talk to her about anything else as VR and try to improve her. :p Now her answer might be silly depending on your choices but she is all doing it from the top of her mind so she must have great memory skills.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
What did i miss? :) (no spoilers pls, if its from ch 3)
Everything. ;)

First, she's a pilot. That alone means she can't be stupid because she wouldn't make it through education and training.

Second, if you can get her to explain the weapons systems, try not to get distracted and pay attention to what she's talking about.

Third, you can see other displays of her intellect during both CoC and VR when she gets um distracted.

Fourth, she knows how to flirt in a way stupid person wouldn't.

Fifth, you can learn something about Sarah during drinks with Annie that might put it in some light.

Essentially, I think it's really worth to try looking beneath the surface of every character in the game, because I dare say none of them are what they seem. ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
DA22 Akamari Ok, guys, Sarah might be more than she seems for sure, haven't played this game for as long as most of you so its easy to miss all the details going on. :)
Or had as many replays and been following Notty remarks for a long time. Just try to remember Notty wrote each character as a real consistent person with background and a personality that will stay the same whatever your game. Just based upon your choices you might discover different aspects or bring them to the foreground.

Do not think you know any character really at the end of chapter 2 or 3 for that matter. :p

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
DA22 Akamari Ok, guys, Sarah might be more than she seems for sure, haven't played this game for as long as most of you so its easy to miss all the details going on. :)
Indeed, I missed tons of details during my early plays (and I'm sure I still do miss some). This is a very clever game and it requires different approach than other games on this site that you wouldn't expect to challenge your wits. Everything can have some subtle meaning to it. :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
She's got a devoted fanbase thats for sure lol, but yeah, i need more replays, just done 2 full paths really, "evil" LT and "causal" LT, lots more to see for me. ;)
True, one of the interesting things for example is to see how different characters may react to a female or male MC. Chris being a point in case or Trisha with a black male MC. Remember as the same character whoever the MC is, that can give you quite a lot of info on the chars, besides whether they might be Bi. :p

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
One thing tho, many people will not be *as* invested as you guys in the complexeties, and just play it more "casually" or for the story or whatever, me i'm actually more a casual story player tbh even if i like to read everything i can, and i love choices to(mostly for immersion) so i don't think theres anything wrong if people just play or see the characters as they want, if you know what i mean.
Nothing wrong with that at all (although playing "too casually" might lower your life expectancy in the game.:sneaky:) Your game, your choices, your opinions, your experience. :)

slider

Jul 14, 2017
One thing tho, many people will not be *as* invested as you guys in the complexeties, and just play it more "casually" or for the story or whatever, me i'm actually more a casual story player tbh even if i like to read everything i can, and i love choices to(mostly for immersion) so i don't think theres anything wrong if people just play or see the characters as they want, if you know what i mean.
The way I see it, adding extra layers in characters or stories is always a positive thing to do as long as these layers are written inwards and not outwards. The problem only appears when you must penetrate them all so you can stat getting into the meat.

In Heavy Five you absolutely can spend a lot of time analyzing the dialogues, scenes and details and then connecting the dots in order to get a deeper understanding of the world and its characters. Alternatively, you can play the game more casually and just take things by their face value and still enjoy the game and story immensely -- not putting the effort of cutting through all those different layers wouldn't give you the feeling that you aren't getting the picture at all.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Just remembered what I wanted to ask after I finished Ch. 2 and than completely forgot about it - will MC's "extra stat/ability pick" during Chris' visit at the end of the chapter influence MC's chance of beating Chris in the upcoming boxing match? In theory, him being a gym rat could give him an extra edge. Granted, Chris being a boxing champ would still outweigh him being extremely fit but it could be a step in the right direction...

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes