Steve Carter

Apr 28, 2017
Thank you :)

I feel I owe you an apology for the first versions of H5 being so...poor...(often uses much harsher words, herself!) art wise but I started with literally nothing really. So it's thanks to you that I was able to upgrade.

I don't know if you've played the remastered version but it's a world of difference graphically, so thank you. :)
I have played the new version. I'd have never called your art poor, but I have seen the improvement. I see you continually striving to improve yourself so as far as I'm concerned that was money well spent on my part and I am very likely to spend more in the future.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I feel I owe you an apology for the first versions of H5 being so...poor...(often uses much harsher words, herself!) art wise but I started with literally nothing really. So it's thanks to you that I was able to upgrade.
no no no... please, stop being so harsh on the original version... it is still ahead of what most devs consider presentable nowadays

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I have played the new version. I'd have never called your art poor, but I have seen the improvement. I see you continually striving to improve yourself so as far as I'm concerned that was money well spent on my part and I am very likely to spend more in the future.
Thanks. :)

Deciding to do the remaster was a difficult and, understandably, an unpopular opinion at the time, but I look at the original Three now and...shudder. The worse thing about having recently re-made Chapter Three was I -thought- C3 looked pretty good in some places. And then I saw the renders again...

Even the VR which I thought was pretty spot on doesn't compare. Although to be fair the extra processing powah now has allowed me to animate all of Sarah/Gloria's combat moves so I'm not exactly comparing apples with apples. But, yep, it's about improvement all the time. I've learned so much by doing the animations in the remaster for example. Even all the small little ones dotted around have helped me understand how to put the important ones (y'know...the smutty ones ;) ) together much better. The lewd is VR is....yeah. It's a good one.

no no no... please, stop being so harsh on the original version... it is still ahead of what most devs consider presentable nowadays
Far too kind - but thank you. :)

I mean...not shabby I don't think?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

F1forhalp

4th St. Niteowls - Because Of Once Upon A Time
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Complete full version went to the primary tester today so...*fingers crossed*.

The route testers have already tested all the main standalone modules, so things like VR, RPS, Caverns etc and they are all signed off but the primary tester hasn't seen any of it yet.

I suppose I should explain a bit? The primary tester doesn't like AVN's. At all. So what I look for from them is the "game play" test. Does it work as an actual game? Does it engage? Does it keep the interest of someone who isn't that interested in the smut?

The route testers each take one of the four main character choices and play the hell out of the routes. Although I look for the same sort of thing from them in a way, the primary tester is more of an acid test. After all, say if you like Sarah, then playing with her CoC for an hour or so is going to be engaging regardless. Whereas the primary tester is there to ensure that even if you don't like her or her CoC....it's still solid play. *suspects that doesn't make any sense*

I'll be honest in that I wish it was this time last week but some of the QC work on the standalones took longer than expected.

that ^ is actually one of the best sorted out testing plans i've seen in a long shot.
even some "big" commercial game developers stick to similiar rundowns, but some of them actually do it kind of sloppy.
would be good for you if you had one more to look after the 'seams' if/when there are, between the different routes.
that's where the annoying tiny things go wrong; according to Murphy, in every tiny issue there is a big one waiting to show..

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
that ^ is actually one of the best sorted out testing plans i've seen in a long shot.
even some "big" commercial game developers stick to similiar rundowns, but some of them actually do it kind of sloppy.
would be good for you if you had one more to look after the 'seams' if/when there are, between the different routes.
that's where the annoying tiny things go wrong; according to Murphy, in every tiny issue there is a big one waiting to show..
Thanks *really does try!* :)

I know I'm a bit of a disaster area but it's not for want of trying, or indeed planning :)

Generally, I fall on my arse because of over reach really. As Huitieme said (yep, he's one of the testers) -each- of the standalone modules is at least an hours play and that's excluding any replayability factors. So, for example, Caverns has random encounters this time - and they're genuinely random. So with multiple events it can be worth a couple of run throughs. VR...VR is different depending on the gender of the MC and the gender of the avatar they've choose. Sometimes the differences are minor, some are quite major. But even so...and ofc we've 7,000 frames of animations knocking around as well.

This one is a bit of a biggie...

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Thanks *really does try!* :)

I know I'm a bit of a disaster area but it's not for want of trying, or indeed planning :)

Generally, I fall on my arse because of over reach really. As Huitieme said (yep, he's one of the testers) -each- of the standalone modules is at least an hours play and that's excluding any replayability factors. So, for example, Caverns has random encounters this time - and they're genuinely random. So with multiple events it can be worth a couple of run throughs. VR...VR is different depending on the gender of the MC and the gender of the avatar they've choose. Sometimes the differences are minor, some are quite major. But even so...and ofc we've 7,000 frames of animations knocking around as well.

This one is a bit of a biggie...
if things with CoC don't work, you can always put RahRah back on the hucow machine till she obeys.

• Haha
Reactions: Nulldev and DA22

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Thank you :)

I don't know if you've played the remastered version but it's a world of difference graphically, so thank you. :)
Aw, come on, lassie, stop it with the self-deprecation, your first versions were better than most end products. ;)

You know, I'm starting to suspect you're just fishing for compliments this way now. :p

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes