Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Yeah, it goes without saying
Protip on this one. The larger standalone modules, so things like the evening sections such as Sarah's VR or Chadders domme, module -seem- to be fairly stable using the dev console to just bounce in and out. But the main game and especially the freeroam section don't seem to like it at all. I think it's to do with the large number of switches (north of 1,500) that the game has to handle. Renpy just seems to say "Fuck this..." and goes off for a coffee and a Twix instead.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Wokain - Natural Enemy
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Protip on this one. The larger standalone modules, so things like the evening sections such as Sarah's VR or Chadders domme, module -seem- to be fairly stable using the dev console to just bounce in and out. But the main game and especially the freeroam section don't seem to like it at all. I think it's to do with the large number of switches (north of 1,500) that the game has to handle. Renpy just seems to say "Fuck this..." and goes off for a coffee and a Twix instead.
could be you're hitting Python limits there, with the sheer amount of references or jumps. sorry, not too keen on that part, it's just a hunch. then again, dev console isn't even designed to be used in a play-game scenario, it's a maintenance tool right?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Is there a tentative ETA yet on when Ch 3 will be released?
It's for all intents and purposes finished. At this stage I'm going through it to ensure that it's consistent and balanced. By that I mean that none of the characters do anything weird or reference either something not known or don't reference something you'd expect them to do so. On the balance side, I'm looking to see that regardless of path the player is going down there is some content for them.

Now some paths this chapter will be, by their nature, bigger than others - but equally I don't want a player having a bit of a "damp squib" when they play.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
could be you're hitting Python limits there, with the sheer amount of references or jumps. sorry, not too keen on that part, it's just a hunch. then again, dev console isn't even designed to be used in a play-game scenario, it's a maintenance tool right?
Yep. It's what makes testing a bit tough though. You either think something works or find that you can't test a section in isolation because Renpy goes on a Twix break.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Likely as soon as Notty is out of her perfectionism loop and happy enough with her additions and all stays bug free. Sounds on her forum she is aware she is in one, so likely soonish.
Yep, I think I've hit my faffing limit now.

One of the scenes needed a few animations to add some flow to it. It was far too static for what should have been a dynamic scene; there's been a few other small tweaks in respect to background assets and some of the free-roam meets were a little bit "here's an exposition dump" as opposed to feeling like natural conversations so needed breaking up a bit.

I'm going to do another quick check on the "boobie trap" to ensure all paths and scenarios are covered then the boys can have a play with it. The key questions are does the new tool repair system and database work smoothly (i.e. do what it's meant to do without being a pain in the arse for the player to use); is the hidden bonus content in that sweet spot of not being too hard to find/unlock and not being too easy and are there sufficient moves available to allow the player enough choice in what they want to do whilst having enough gaming tension so that they can't do everything this chapter making the choices matter.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Well I could have answered that for old chapter 3, not now though, but that makes me even more excited to walk into that trap with my eyes open. :p

It was for sure fun already as it was. :)
I will finally find out if Huitty is smart for finding it first or dumb to be the first one to fall into it (I have my suspicions :p )

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well, you will leave your legs ope..... er.... posts open for silly comment by your mostest fave e-friend.
*is trying to be well behaved!*

Anyhoo...on the news front - the testers now have all the remainder of the game they haven't yet seen. So.... release should be soon it would seem.

Major thing outstanding is file compression.

Currently it's a beast.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
*is trying to be well behaved!*

Anyhoo...on the news front - the testers now have all the remainder of the game they haven't yet seen. So.... release should be soon it would seem.

Major thing outstanding is file compression.

Currently it's a beast.

Yay! I am going to see if I can continue to blunder my way through my accidentally non-amorous play through... Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous virtual self too ;) :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nottravis
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes