Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Didn't expect settings to be tweaked for that. But fair point. I'll tweak it.
Or better yet, is there a way to ignore the auto-forward setting and advance at a pace pre-determined by you? That'd also help with any audio sync issues if you do go that route.

Reactions: NeimadFR

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Or better yet, is there a way to ignore the auto-forward setting and advance at a pace pre-determined by you? That'd also help with any audio sync issues if you do go that route.
By the way, I've never really got what this auto-forward thing was for. Why are you setting it to max when you start a game? Is it like the "text speed" dial where it simply is awful when it's not all the way to the max? :p

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
By the way, I've never really got what this auto-forward thing was for. Why are you setting it to max when you start a game? Is it like the "text speed" dial where it simply is awful when it's not all the way to the max? :p
Essentially that's how it works. Can't remember which game it was, but there was one in which there was a lot of text and occasionally it would move on before I finish reading.

And so by default now I just move it to the max for any game, which basically gives me a "don't move on until I say so" setting.

Like I said, I might be the only one doing this.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Huitieme

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
In the game I have absolutely zero interest in going down the Chris Domme path it has no appeal to me but I think the voice acting could possibly help make it less annoying.

It might just be me but I briefly tried it to see what it was and found the ticking noise got on my tits pretty quick so if you are able to use voice acting instead of only having a ticking noise it may be less irritating for some people.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Shadowkeeper

May 22, 2019
And so by default now I just move it to the max for any game, which basically gives me a "don't move on until I say so" setting.
Just don't use auto then? I have all my games on "move when I click" for this very reason, I'll decide when to move on thanks. (I even go as far sometimes as removing all the forced pauses from games I'm playing... I'm in control, thanks...)

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Just don't use auto then? I have all my games on "move when I click" for this very reason, I'll decide when to move on thanks. (I even go as far sometimes as removing all the forced pauses from games I'm playing... I'm in control, thanks...)
I don't recall ever seeing a game that has an option for auto vs manual advance. Only a slide bar for auto-forward time.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I don't recall ever seeing a game that has an option for auto vs manual advance. Only a slide bar for auto-forward time.
But auto isn't activated by default, it's in the shortcuts on the bottom of the screen with skip, quick save/load,... so if you don't click it the text should never move on until you left click or press space bar.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
But auto isn't activated by default, it's in the shortcuts on the bottom of the screen with skip, quick save/load,... so if you don't click it the text should never move on until you left click or press space bar.
I never use that auto function at the bottom of the screen, but there was a game that still auto-advanced and tripped me up so now by default and out of habit I just extend auto-forward to the max.

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
Man....The femdom scene with chris is fucking awesome :love:. Writing of the scene makes it more sexier. I think this is the first time a developer had new thought for a femdom scene. That was good.
Nottravis I have a Question.
I am a fan of footdom and foot scenes. Will there be any footdom scenes with chris in future ? :love:

F1forhalp

SOTD: Katzenjammer - Hey Ho On The Devil's Back
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I totally get where you guys are coming from. Really. I think part of the problem is I'm being so bloody opaque about what it is it'll entail as I don't want to spoil it. But that of course means you don't have enough information to make a judgement.

Maybe if I do a version for the testers voiced by me? Then they'd have a better idea of the concept? I dunno. It does seem as it's not something anyone is really keen on.

Thanks for the replies, guys.
to be honest, you being so bloody opaque has a major impact on your game. you can introduce something and spend a month cleaning up, or you discuss it with someone, to a point. congratulations though, for maintaining a healthy balance between discussion and "chatter" which would end up in slowdown, while still keeping course. i think that's the hardest part.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Man....The femdom scene with chris is fucking awesome :love:. Writing of the scene makes it more sexier. I think this is the first time a developer had new thought for a femdom scene. That was good.
Nottravis I have a Question.
I am a fan of footdom and foot scenes. Will there be any footdom scenes with chris in future ? :love:
I'm so pleased you liked it. It's probs the module I'm most pleased with myself tbh. Made all the better I think as no one really knew what was going to happen :)

I'm defo expanding this section in Four and oddly enough I'm sketching out the content for Chapter Four now so maybe? A lot depends on a couple of things. But the most important of those is can I do it well? If I can't, and as yet I haven't tried writing this sort of scene, then it'll be a flat no as I wouldn't want to do anything sub-par. No one would enjoy that.

So I can't give you a hard and fast answer I'm afraid. But whatever I do add will be good, that I can assure you of.

Patron Post

I'm getting the sense that for those of you who liked this scene - you really liked it. Which is great *is most pleased*

However, to my mind, the first session was a bit tame. This was by design as both Chris in-game and I were testing out the waters on this one and I plan to ramp the next one up quite considerably. I have a pile of ideas for how I want to expand this in Chapter Four. Some additional command controls for the players, Chris will have some games, additional images of course etc etc.

But I'm also happy to hear from you on this as well. No promises on what you suggest will go in, and some content will be going to the vote later on in any case, but if you have anything you'd like adding just drop me a message. It's all good market research as far as I'm concerned in giving players down this path what they want.

Notty

I might end up putting content to a poll depending on how many suggestions I get and how well I can do them.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
to be honest, you being so bloody opaque has a major impact on your game. you can introduce something and spand a month cleaning up, or you discuss it with someone, to a point. congratulations though, for maintaining a healthy balance between discussion and "chatter" which would end up in slowdown, while still keeping course. i think that's the hardest part.

*tries!*

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
I'm so pleased you liked it. It's probs the module I'm most pleased with myself tbh. Made all the better I think as no one really knew what was going to happen :)

I'm defo expanding this section in Four and oddly enough I'm sketching out the content for Chapter Four now so maybe? A lot depends on a couple of things. But the most important of those is can I do it well? If I can't, and as yet I haven't tried writing this sort of scene, then it'll be a flat no as I wouldn't want to do anything sub-par. No one would enjoy that.

So I can't give you a hard and fast answer I'm afraid. But whatever I do add will be good, that I can assure you of.

Patron Post

I'm getting the sense that for those of you who liked this scene - you really liked it. Which is great *is most pleased*

However, to my mind, the first session was a bit tame. This was by design as both Chris in-game and I were testing out the waters on this one and I plan to ramp the next one up quite considerably. I have a pile of ideas for how I want to expand this in Chapter Four. Some additional command controls for the players, Chris will have some games, additional images of course etc etc.

But I'm also happy to hear from you on this as well. No promises on what you suggest will go in, and some content will be going to the vote later on in any case, but if you have anything you'd like adding just drop me a message. It's all good market research as far as I'm concerned in giving players down this path what they want.

Notty

I might end up putting content to a poll depending on how many suggestions I get and how well I can do them.
Thanks for taking your time to reply me. I really appreciate it :). You know what is best for the game. I am sure of one thing... how ever you make the scene, you will do a good job. I am waiting for the next update :love:. I have inboxed you a scene that I wrote, check it out. I hope that scene will give you some Ideas :) .

Last edited:
Reactions: Nottravis

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
For those doing the Chris Domme path...
Would this be better for you or not?
I haven't yet posted about the new chapter because I'm too disorganised to find time to play it because I am carefully composing my thoughts, so I can't speak to the specific scenes, but this is a path I'm interested in playing and a topic I'm interested in. Personally, as far as voice acting is concerned I think that good direction is just as important or even more important than a good voice actor themselves - that is, you're far more likely to get a good final result with good direction and an average performer than you are with a talented performer and average direction. For that reason while I'm not a particular fan of voice acting in most VNs, if this is something you're interested in and would like to include, I think you should go for it. if there's any developer that can deliver us a great implementation of something like this, it's you. :)

I do agree with the points other posters have raised with respect to the technical implementation and the problem of the VA conflicting with the voice people associate with Chris already, but I don't think they're insurmountable issues. Even if it was as simple as including a little disclaimer stating that you've designed it this way for the artistic value and allowing people to disable the VA if they want.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any plans for pregnancy/pregnant models?
As interesting as that would be, I think it'd end up being hellacious from a dev perspective. As you say, you could do an abridged bad end or a one-time scene of some sort. Not sure how satisfying that would be.

I do like where your head is at, though: making it matter if you choose not to take their birth control!

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes