Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Little green men with erect dongs doesn't seem to scream high tech. Then again, when Yoda was introduced in Star Wars, he didn't seem like much either so... the power of boner might be strong in those ones? :unsure:
Annie makes a point of telling the MC of the Ophion high tech non human ship, so advanced it evaded all detection by the previous crew... that is what worries me a tiny bit. I am still going with the pro humanity on earth faction being terrorists here.

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
Harris is sleeping with Chris's husband, though, or at least rumored to be - that seems enough explanation for why Chris didn't want to broach the topic, and I think her being involved in a sabotage plot would introduce an unnecessary wrinkle.

That said, I agree that something on the planet seems extremely likely considering how many weird quirks the planet seems to have already (strange rocks, curiously small population of aliens, fish getting in the pipes, etc), and that the issues with the Vanguard suggest a more human element as well - at least, unless Annie is right about a hidden underground civilization.
I know but I think that this particular thread will be important at some point, even if it's just as a conversation point on the Chris romance path.

Annie makes a point of telling the MC of the Ophion high tech non human ship, so advanced it evaded all detection by the previous crew... that is what worries me a tiny bit. I am still going with the pro humanity on earth faction being terrorists here.
Maybe it's like in The Expanse, where humans found something alien in nature and are working to improve it in a remote location. Or there is nothing alien about it and there is a faction on Ophion working on something high tech and they fear that with Walker there, they might be discovered by accident. Hence the station having problems.

Jan 10, 2018
Hey, to pose a wildly implausible theory for a second... What if we have things the wrong way around, and Chadwick is the saboteur? Her record does say that she's been pretty unsatisfied with the way that space exploration has shifted away from exploration, and towards colonization - and she seems pretty skeptical of the base thus far, something that could easily be her way of subtly pushing the player towards closing the base. She was also the one responsible for bouncing the last engineer, someone who would be harder for her to wrangle considering their personal history.

As for means and opportunity, she's been to the base previously, and with there being a powerful clique who wants this headache of a base shut down, there must be others higher up the chain of command who could have provided her with something suitable for creating a wide array of issues.

We're assuming that the issue is something already on the planet - but maybe the issue was something on the ship.

/endwildlyimplausiblebutfuntheory

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hey, to pose a wildly implausible theory for a second... What if we have things the wrong way around, and Chadwick is the saboteur? Her record does say that she's been pretty unsatisfied with the way that space exploration has shifted away from exploration, and towards colonization - and she seems pretty skeptical of the base thus far, something that could easily be her way of subtly pushing the player towards closing the base. She was also the one responsible for bouncing the last engineer, someone who would be harder for her to wrangle considering their personal history.

As for means and opportunity, she's been to the base previously, and with there being a powerful clique who wants this headache of a base shut down, there must be others higher up the chain of command who could have provided her with something suitable for creating a wide array of issues.

We're assuming that the issue is something already on the planet - but maybe the issue was something on the ship.

/endwildlyimplausiblebutfuntheory
Chris is a pilot. She wants exploration, but currently flying supply runs. If the current colonies fail, there will not be expansion for some years to decades. She has no motive other than not wanting the bitch cucking her with her hubby on board. Plus playing in front of her would get back to hubby....
She isn't the culprit.

Jan 10, 2018
Chris is a pilot. She wants exploration, but currently flying supply runs. If the current colonies fail, there will not be expansion for some years to decades. She has no motive other than not wanting the bitch cucking her with her hubby on board. Plus playing in front of her would get back to hubby....
She isn't the culprit.
But the reason there's no exploration is because all of their ships are currently tied up sustaining the two current colonies (and, well, one of them having been destroyed).

If this white elephant of a colony is done with, that's a bunch of resources that can instantly be turned towards unexplored systems again - and who better to send than her, the best pilot in the fleet?

It's not like she'd be sabotaging Phoebe or anything - this is a system they're already looking for an excuse to drop.

I mean, she really isn't the culprit, but I don't think you properly refuted the proposed motive.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I am jealous of the amount of discussion that happens here. I skim it occasionally and you always seem to be having a blast. I just don't have the time to keep up with it all. Yes, very busy writing my fantasy novel ... (and enjoying finding all the paths in H5. So many save files to keep track of. Woof!)
I saw some discussion about whether the Ophions were really high or low tech. My head immediately put that together with the "rescue" scene in the desert. Here's how I picture the conversation between the two Ophions on their way to investigate the doctor's activities.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I am jealous of the amount of discussion that happens here. I skim it occasionally and you always seem to be having a blast. I just don't have the time to keep up with it all. Yes, very busy writing my fantasy novel ... (and enjoying finding all the paths in H5. So many save files to keep track of. Woof!)
I saw some discussion about whether the Ophions were really high or low tech. My head immediately put that together with the "rescue" scene in the desert. Here's how I picture the conversation between the two Ophions on their way to investigate the doctor's activities.
So, it must have been Wedge who had the boner, right? :)

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Glad you liked the arena scene :)
I've been up the elevator but I cannot open the door. It need some kind of pass key (probably from somebody) I'll have to find out who's got it in order to get to the ...oh..wait a minute, you mean up the ladder above the power plant office. I've tried that but it said something about not going up there. All I could do was look in the empty boxes....

I know, keep searching...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I've been up the elevator but I cannot open the door. It need some kind of pass key (probably from somebody) I'll have to find out who's got it in order to get to the ...oh..wait a minute, you mean up the ladder above the power plant office. I've tried that but it said something about not going up there. All I could do was look in the empty boxes....

I know, keep searching...

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
Since we're still throwing out wild theories, I had another thought. What if it's like Murder on the Orient Express and they're ALL responsible in some way.

Marcus is responsible due to his experiments, Mike is responsible due to his inexperience (the manual can only get you so far), Trisha... I don't know, we haven't seen much of her but just because she's a horny woman, that doesn't mean she doesn't have a dark side, Amanda due to her iron grip of the station and Kelly, well, I think she's just caught between a rock and a hard place. Due to being an ensign, she was left there as a token military force but I think she also has orders to spy on Amanda.

Individually, these may be minor inconveniences but coupled together, it may have created the situation that is present on Ophion.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I have to say, Notty puts quite a lot into this. I don't believe I have ever seen so much unexpected intrigue and mystery, wheeling, dealing, and scheming, accusations of misconduct, negotiations for revealing secrets, or overall repeat play value in a simple game of rock, papers, scissors before in my life. I can't wait to find out where the ending teaser leads to in future updates!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I have to say, Notty puts quite a lot into this. I don't believe I have ever seen so much unexpected intrigue and mystery, wheeling, dealing, and scheming, accusations of misconduct, negotiations for revealing secrets, or overall repeat play value in a simple game of rock, papers, scissors before in my life. I can't wait to find out where the ending teaser leads to in future updates!
It wasn't a bad little bonus was it! ;)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes