Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I'm going to throw it to patrons I think. A choice of the spanking, the dancing or a different game/different character. I gather some like the idea of playing against Jane...
I definitely get the feeling that Jane would enjoy it. Sounds like I picked a good time to be a patron, and the $25 reward is the best! (It helps make me feel better about having played it for free up to now.)

L17K

Mar 11, 2020
Loving the chapters so far, looking forward to the next one! This will definitely take multiple playthroughs.
I'm curious if me doing Chris' domme route will "complicate" things for me down the road as I try to also romance Sarah.
I know the workload is large for the chapters, but any chance of seeing Chris' "game" starring different characters? Maybe not within the story but as a side/standalone thing. I'd be lying if I said I didn't go back to Becca's demonstration of it a second time....

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Loving the chapters so far, looking forward to the next one! This will definitely take multiple playthroughs.
I'm curious if me doing Chris' domme route will "complicate" things for me down the road as I try to also romance Sarah.
I know the workload is large for the chapters, but any chance of seeing Chris' "game" starring different characters? Maybe not within the story but as a side/standalone thing. I'd be lying if I said I didn't go back to Becca's demonstration of it a second time....
Thank you :)

I've banned myself from talking about plot points as I'm far too chatty and would just spoil everything so I'm afraid I can't answer your main question. Sorry! But no doubt some of the others will be happy to speculate :)

But as to Chris' game, I'm glad you like the concept. Standalone specials of modules I have coded is something I'm thinking about tbh. But sadly it is a time/capacity thing. The best answer I can give is I'd like to do something like this but we'll just have to see.

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Right *rolls up sleeves*. I'm afraid I'll be very scarce from f95 for a good while now as I've a lot to do and really want to break the back of Chapt 4. But thank you all for kind words, and I'm glad so many of you are enjoying it especially new players who have given it a chance.

Onwards to Chapter Four!

Le Mat

May 30, 2020
Right *rolls up sleeves*. I'm afraid I'll be very scarce from f95 for a good while now as I've a lot to do and really want to break the back of Chapt 4. But thank you all for kind words, and I'm glad so many of you are enjoying it especially new players who have given it a chance.

Onwards to Chapter Four!

Greetings !
I discovered your game yesterday evening, and a jolly good nifty masterpiece it is.
Thank you very much indeed.

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Greetings !
I discovered your game yesterday evening, and a jolly good nifty masterpiece it is.
Thank you very much indeed.
So pleased you enjoyed my work. It's always lovely when someone new finds it. :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Loved this ... keep up the good work i'm keen to know what happens next, great imagination. :)
Thanks. If you liked what I've done so far....you'll love Four. Up to now it's really just been the introduction.

As to the sequel, well who knows?

Oh wait.... ;)

Reactions: TheDevian

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Hey guys.

I did a -big- patreon post this morning in respect to how I should try to increase the production speed of the game. We all ( patrons, pirates, me) want the game made quicker. But how to do it?

Text below in the spoiler. If you do have any thoughts there's a link to my forum section for discussion. Probs best there than here as this thread isn't for development issues and I'd get, quite rightly, in the poo from the mods. *is still on probation and trying to be good*

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway. I thought I'd at least let you know that I am thinking on how to get quicker and not just sat around torturing Sarah for my amusement (although I am doing that as well ofc!) :)

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Hey guys.

I did a -big- patreon post this morning in respect to how I should try to increase the production speed of the game. We all ( patrons, pirates, me) want the game made quicker. But how to do it?

Text below in the spoiler. If you do have any thoughts there's a link to my forum section for discussion. Probs best there than here as this thread isn't for development issues and I'd get, quite rightly, in the poo from the mods. *is still on probation and trying to be good*

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway. I thought I'd at least let you know that I am thinking on how to get quicker and not just sat around torturing Sarah for my amusement (although I am doing that as well ofc!) :)
For people who'd like to comment but don't want to go to your forum for whatever reason there is the Heavy Five Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Rabbac

Oct 29, 2020
Not sure if this was a statement or just asking the peasants (me) what they think.
I would go for quality over speed every time.. I mean there must be a huge amount of games in production being updated at differents speeds.. I've only started playing for a month or so on here and already i have about 5 alerts set up for the next installments.. if or when they even come at all. I would divide my time between writing and marketing, how much time does marketing take, once it's up on a site it takes care of it's self. Just my thoughts. Regards R

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
4) ITEM Goal: to release new chapters at a faster rate while maintaining current levels of quality.
Suggestion: Identify your 'throughput' bottlenecks. No 1...seems to be hardware (?) At least this is what I've read...but are there other items that if 'hardware bottleneck' removed, becomes the limiting factor (Writing, editing...troubleshooting?) With top 3 bottlenecks identified, develop plan for each. IE; if Hardware is the No 1 limit, don't focus on marketing, focus on raising funds for hardware by several methods, 1) go fund me 2) solicit donations, 3) sell some unnecessary items, 4) rob a bank--whatever. But get the funds, buy hardware and remove bottleneck. THEN attack No 2 bottleneck with same ferocity.
When (not if) you've raised your throughput to 'releasing new chapters at faster rate' THEN focus on Marketing with the NEW TIME you realize from your faster production (IE DON'T release chapters as fast as you can...take time between each release to 'pull your head out of the program creation' and look at your overall situation and promote this first class product)
You may 'suck' at marketing but I'll bet its because either a) you haven't done much (especially with what you have...and you have a lot of appeal) or b) haven't studied the issues with marketing (because you don't like it!) so the solution there is c) find & hire someone who does and is a tiger at it.
Yes, there are a lot of competing games out there...but not like H5 in quality or breadth..so you have things to SELL. You just have to sell them. (I can't believe the money some of these devs are making off patreon for their dreklich games...but they DID market them, I'll bet.)
And you're telling me that an attractive woman programmer can't sell a foxy Sci-Fi adventure game to a million of hungry males on this planet thirsting for hot women and adventure? ?? really?
So what do you need for this hardware bottleneck to go away, huh?

• Red Heart
Reactions: P3zz0 and Nottravis

Jan 10, 2018
It's my understanding that you're currently saving up for a good second computer to help with rendering needs, but how much would a cheap-as-dust, just-barely-good-enough-to-render-things computer help? The time savings might not be nearly as much as an actually good computer would offer, but I would think the headstart you'd get on animations by being able to start them in parallel with work that requires that requires your active attention would still be a decent amount of time saved - and since this would only be a "starter" second computer until more patrons notice your project, you could even consider buying something used to drive down the cost further. I'd normally never recommend buying anything computer-related used, but since you're just looking to complete a dedicated task over a relatively short timeframe, it probably wouldn't die before you replace it - and even if it did, it'd still have been cheap and non-essential. You could probably get something suitable for under a couple hundred dollars, when we're talking about cutting this many corners just to get something that can help at all instead of something that would really help things along.

That said, my opinion otherwise goes to "keep on as you are", purely because I'm happy and comfortable with the way things are, and selfish enough to prioritize my own desires. But that doesn't mean that you are, and it probably sucks to not be getting the support you need.

I'm theoretically fine with releasing in parts - there are characters I like more than others, but I don't seriously dislike anyone, and I'm the kind of content locust who will look for everything she can find regardless. It shouldn't meaningfully affect my experience with the game, even. But... Even if it's not your intention, I've seen other developers who adopt this approach subconsciously end up giving more care and attention to certain paths that were more popular or easier to work with or ended up being more interesting for them to work with. When you're working on full chapters, it's easy to switch from one character to another if you're feeling a bit worn out, but that's not possible when you're working on a narrower section, and it can end up showing in the results. Not to mention that some particularly weird forms of player behavior might end up falling through the cracks a bit if the game is being implemented in a more modular way instead of the current chapter-oriented design.

Are these things that are likely to be a problem? Probably not - but they're the kind of risks that occur to me when someone is considering changing how their project is designed.

As for marketing... Well, I already mentioned I'm selfish, right :p ? But joking aside, I'm also not entirely certain how well marketing would work. The places that you could normally reach out to don't generally handle adult content (and are themselves saturated as well, and generally have more money to advertise with), while the places that are willing to handle adult content generally place less value on plot and might not appreciate the slower buildup of the game. The game stands quite well in its entirety, but it's a lot harder to find an easy, attention-grabbing hook for... Except for maybe the sci-fi aspect, since that's a bit of a bluer ocean at the moment.

EDIT: O... Oh, I wasn't supposed to reply here? Well, then, I'm not sure you should take advice from someone with my reading comprehension issues...

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
And you're telling me that an attractive woman programmer can't sell a foxy Sci-Fi adventure game to a million of hungry males on this planet thirsting for hot women and adventure? ?? really?
Apparently so! :)

My thanks to you both and for taking the time to consider the post so well. You both deserve much fuller replies but I'm very much aware that I shouldn't turn this into a development thread and I trust you'll both understand if, on this occasion, I don't respond as fully as I should.

However, I've copied both your posts and have added them to the (growing!) pile of thoughts and advice.

As an aside it does seem as though there is barely any appetite for switching to part releases from any quarter. I thought this would how people would want to go but given that the majority of players seem to be getting over 7 hours play per release (and a large chunk over 10) I'm starting to understand their patience.

Jan 10, 2018
My thanks to you both and for taking the time to consider the post so well. You both deserve much fuller replies but I'm very much aware that I shouldn't turn this into a development thread and I trust you'll both understand if, on this occasion, I don't respond as fully as I should.

However, I've copied both your posts and have added them to the (growing!) pile of thoughts and advice.

As an aside it does seem as though there is barely any appetite for switching to part releases from any quarter. I thought this would how people would want to go but given that the majority of players seem to be getting over 7 hours play per release (and a large chunk over 10) I'm starting to understand their patience.
I appreciate that you don't wish to invite trouble by taking the thread off-topic, so I won't expect a reply to this - but I'd still like to offer one piece of advice on that last point.

Since the majority of your players would cease to be players if they weren't happy with your game, it would be surprising (and alarming) if there was a strong desire for change - rather, the more important question is whether we'd tolerate a change. If there was strong opposition to changing your approach, then it's a risky gamble... But if the majority says "I don't think it's necessary, but I wouldn't hate it", then you're free to do as you think best.

The other important question here is what people who aren't playing the game think, and polling them is probably impossible. Could former patrons be lured back with a quicker update schedule? Would seeing this game on the Latest Updates list more often draw more attention from people unfamiliar with the game? Would having more people talk about each new plot point help inspire curiosity? I honestly don't know the answer to any of these questions, except that each time it's on Latest creates more opportunities for infrequent visitors to discover the game.

In my opinion, if your players wouldn't hate the change, that's what you should balance your decision against - whether the risks to changing your development method is worth it for the chance to draw in people who would otherwise pass over the game.

Reactions: Nottravis

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I don't see why development shouldn't be discussed here, it would be pretty fucked up if it was regarded as off topic, but I understand your cautiousness considering the thread's history ;)

Reactions: Dreadder

F1forhalp

SOTD: Drama Asylum - Paranoid Mind
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Nottravis tbh i don't think that you're whatsit, "in the poo" with mods here, simply as you as both the H5 dev and uploader (sic) are merely discussing the next steps of H5, so it's toterly 'bout teh game right?
..right?
maybe, if (referencing to several of them posts above) the one bottleneck is the GFX, have someone scouting that one thing, where to get soon, when to get, how costly for real. one of the high arts of a creator can be offloading. delegate stuff someone else could do, to someone else.
also, given the quality you want, you won't be happy with a highly increased output speed because it'll cost. quality wise or just because that what you then put out, is not what you think you should. i expect majority patrons will get along with the update speed, less so with any quality drop. you've spoiled your clientele there, hehe.

Reactions: Nottravis
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes