Ninjasquirrel

Sep 9, 2018
With the amount of work and heart Nottravis puts into her game, hopefully, more frequent updates will bring more attention and support to this game.

Weird seeing it still as an underdog after all this time considering the quality.
Not trying to be disrespectful here, but considering how little content is actually out after all this time -especially content that drives the plot forward (and I'm not saying there's not good reason for it or that the creator is not putting much work and heart into it), I'm just stating that there's very little content in context of how long this game has existed.
Anyway, considering how little is released yet I personally don't feel there's enough basis to judge the quality. It could be like those epic movietrailers and the movie turns out to be meh. I don't know but I've got great hopes.
And I also think the lack of content "after all this time" could be why the game is an underdog (if that is correct).

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not trying to be disrespectful here, but considering how little content is actually out after all this time -especially content that drives the plot forward (and I'm not saying there's not good reason for it or that the creator is not putting much work and heart into it), I'm just stating that there's very little content in context of how long this game has existed.
Anyway, considering how little is released yet I personally don't feel there's enough basis to judge the quality. It could be like those epic movietrailers and the movie turns out to be meh. I don't know but I've got great hopes.
And I also think the lack of content "after all this time" could be why the game is an underdog (if that is correct).
Lack of content? There are over 80 paths in 3 chapters!

There might not be a lot of sex in those 3 chapters (6-7 if you consider they got made twice), but you have only known these people for just over a day.

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
i managed to achieve none of the end-of-chapter goals in my playthrough, thus missing much of the current content, and yet was still amused by my being able to play as an officious dickhead. i feel the quality of the visuals and writing is pretty apparent, and the latter certainly exceeds many other games on here which i've played, including some which are surprisingly well-regarded for their writing. this is a better basis than most, unless you're just talking about jerkoff fodder.

akenedy

May 3, 2017
I see no disrespect in voicing your opinion as long as it's civilized.

As for content, the game has plenty of different routes and paths nevermind that you can choose your gender which changes the dialogue and character interactions, and saying that the amount of content that is presented here at this point is equivalent to a movie trailer is just laughable and unreasonable, there is more than enough content to be able to judge the quality of the game. But if you're referring to the sexual content then this game prioritizes good writing and buildup over squeezed in sex scenes to lure supporters, tough as I read it there is plenty of it in the future updates.

And yes the amount of time that passes in between updates could be shorter, that's why I wrote that hopefully, a more frequent update schedule will change people's opinions to support this game in a positive way.

As for the underdog statement, the game has mostly a small niche following that is supporting it and in my opinion, is generally overlooked, in comparison, there are some games on this site that are more successful but don't have the same level of quality, especially since it's very rare to find an adult game with intelligent writing and a genuinely good story.

Plus the dev started with zero experience and learned along the way, hence why the remake took a hefty amount of development time which in my opinion was the right choice, the difference in quality is impressive for someone who played the original.

Ninjasquirrel

Sep 9, 2018
My movie trailer analogy might have been a bad one, but I was referring to how little the story has developed so far.
which brings me to content. I've played through the game 3 times now I think, and even though there are many choices to make, it just feels like filling for me. Choices that don't necessarily do anything in the bigger picture. Do I wanna drink with Ann... Annie? Anna? Anyway, do I wanna drink with her or do I wanna play VR games. And to be clear I think the level of detail and choice seems so far to be very impressive, but by lack of content I guess I mean plot wise. The sex-part comes second to the story for me so I don't mind lack of smut.
As someone pointed out, we've only known these people for just over a day. That's kinda my point. Regardless of the reasons (and I'm not one to complain about a free game, especially one with so much potential), plot wise it's happened very little compared to how long the game has been out. We've just landed and barely gotten settled in at the base.
I wouldn't normally talk about character development and such in most games I've played from this site, but the creator seems to go for quality, so in this case it feels right to take things like character development or atleast plot development into account. I think a tv-series would be a better example than a movie trailer. I always watch an entire season before concluding about the quality of a series. Sometimes they start of strong and end bad, other times they start bad but ends up being my favourite show. In this comparison I guess I'd say it feels like i'm halfway into episode 1, and even tho it looks good I don't roll the dice after 25 minutes.

I hope my comments are taken for what they're intended to be, simply my views which I'm open for may change or be wrong on some level. I do love constructive convos.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
My movie trailer analogy might have been a bad one, but I was referring to how little the story has developed so far.
which brings me to content. I've played through the game 3 times now I think, and even though there are many choices to make, it just feels like filling for me. Choices that don't necessarily do anything in the bigger picture. Do I wanna drink with Ann... Annie? Anna? Anyway, do I wanna drink with her or do I wanna play VR games. And to be clear I think the level of detail and choice seems so far to be very impressive, but by lack of content I guess I mean plot wise. The sex-part comes second to the story for me so I don't mind lack of smut.
As someone pointed out, we've only known these people for just over a day. That's kinda my point. Regardless of the reasons (and I'm not one to complain about a free game, especially one with so much potential), plot wise it's happened very little compared to how long the game has been out. We've just landed and barely gotten settled in at the base.
I wouldn't normally talk about character development and such in most games I've played from this site, but the creator seems to go for quality, so in this case it feels right to take things like character development or atleast plot development into account. I think a tv-series would be a better example than a movie trailer. I always watch an entire season before concluding about the quality of a series. Sometimes they start of strong and end bad, other times they start bad but ends up being my favourite show. In this comparison I guess I'd say it feels like i'm halfway into episode 1, and even tho it looks good I don't roll the dice after 25 minutes.

I hope my comments are taken for what they're intended to be, simply my views which I'm open for may change or be wrong on some level. I do love constructive convos.
Those choices that "don't necessarily do anything in the bigger picture" are some of the most important ones for me.
Character relations is what I find the most interesting in a story.
For example in Game of Thrones, sure the dragons and undeads are cool but what I loved the most was stuff like Jamie and Brienne or The Hound and Arya. Why be invested in the mysteries surrounding the station and your ship's malfunction if you're not invested in the characters?
Another example of good character development is one of my favortie scenes in Mass Effect 2, the reveal of Archangel.
It wouldn't be nearly as cool if I didn't befriend Garrus in the first one, I was genuinely happy to see him.

Ninjasquirrel

Sep 9, 2018
Those choices that "don't necessarily do anything in the bigger picture" are some of the most important ones for me.
Character relations is what I find the most interesting in a story.
For example in Game of Thrones, sure the dragons and undeads are cool but what I loved the most was stuff like Jamie and Brienne or The Hound and Arya. Why be invested in the mysteries surrounding the station and your ship's malfunction if you're not invested in the characters?
Another example of good character development is one of my favortie scenes in Mass Effect 2, the reveal of Archangel.
It wouldn't be nearly as cool if I didn't befriend Garrus in the first one, I was genuinely happy to see him.
I very much agree with you, which was one of the reasons I mentioned character developement. The relationship between Jamie and Brienne or The Hound and Arya was some of the best parts of that entire show because of how they developed.
If these character relations we've had so far will be of any significance or if they will just be fillers, only the creator knows, but for me, appreciating these interactions as a integral part of the story as a whole, will only be possible for me when the plot developes, and I think only then the game will have a chance of getting the aknowledgement it deserves.

I don't expect Mass Effect 2-character interactions where dating Miranda will get Jack all pissy at you, but you know I mean.

Reactions: applecart

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I very much agree with you, which was one of the reasons I mentioned character developement. The relationship between Jamie and Brienne or The Hound and Arya was some of the best parts of that entire show because of how they developed.
If these character relations we've had so far will be of any significance or if they will just be fillers, only the creator knows, but for me, appreciating these interactions as a integral part of the story as a whole, will only be possible for me when the plot developes, and I think only then the game will have a chance of getting the aknowledgement it deserves.

I don't expect Mass Effect 2-character interactions where dating Miranda will get Jack all pissy at you, but you know I mean.
Oh I fully expect the girls to have different reactions based on my dating choices.
We've already seen Chris' reaction for trying to hook up with Annie (though it is rooted more in rules and regulations rather than personnal feelings).
Based on the booby trap scene I can imagine Annie being a bit jealous if I date Sarah.
And let's not forget the wasp nest that my black MC is gonna be poking with Trisha. I wouldn't want to be in his place if it goes public. ;)

Ninjasquirrel

Sep 9, 2018
Oh I fully expect the girls to have different reactions based on my dating choices.
We've already seen Chris' reaction for trying to hook up with Annie (though it is rooted more in rules and regulations rather than personnal feelings).
Based on the booby trap scene I can imagine Annie being a bit jealous if I date Sarah.
And let's not forget the wasp nest that my black MC is gonna be poking with Trisha. I wouldn't want to be in his place if it goes public. ;)
Yup, we'll just have to wait and see what the next release have to offer.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I made a quick diagram to explain this little controversy after 2 years of development. Hope this helps to explain why some players feel this game has "little" content at this point
View attachment 1137747
How very true ;)
However - this is one of the very few "pr0n" AVNs that warrants replaying! And replaying over and over to boot - BZ Nottravis

Or is that "Nottravis actual"? JK ;)

Reactions: TheDevian

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
How very true ;)
However - this is one of the very few "pr0n" AVNs that warrants replaying! And replaying over and over to boot - BZ Nottravis

Or is that "Nottravis actual"? JK ;)
Problem being that a lot of people just don't wanna replay it or are unable to get most of the different paths without using guide's help. All in all, this leads to many people leaving the game with a feeling of 'lack of content" that isn't really fair - but it was what they experienced. As I said some times before, this feeling will decrease with every new update, as main plot will be more developed and people will feel more engaged by it and thus more willing to explore more branches they overlooked at first

Reactions: WaltS

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Problem being that a lot of people just don't wanna replay it or are unable to get most of the different paths without using guide's help. All in all, this leads to many people leaving the game with a feeling of 'lack of content" that isn't really fair - but it was what they experienced. As I said some times before, this feeling will decrease with every new update, as main plot will be more developed and people will feel more engaged by it and thus more willing to explore more branches they overlooked at first
This game was never intended for anyone to get every path, there will be hundreds by the time it is done. Even with a guide, getting everything is almost impossible.

The goal was to make everyone's experience unique, not make you play hundreds of times.

However, yes, I have a feeling that those complaints will lessen with the next update, since there will be a lot more sexy stuff added from 4 on.

Reactions: Akamari

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Weirdly, this game is among the few where I am more interested in the story, and what it as to offer, rather than some specific love interest, or lewd scenes. I guess it's the kind of old school Sci-fy feeling
Right on the money.
That is a game I would actually play w/o any of the lewd stuff. So any lewds are just icing on the cake...

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
This game was never intended for anyone to get every path, there will be hundreds by the time it is done. Even with a guide, getting everything is almost impossible.

The goal was to make everyone's experience unique, not make you play hundreds of times.

However, yes, I have a feeling that those complaints will lessen with the next update, since there will be a lot more sexy stuff added from 4 on.
That's what I'm hoping. After all, even if you're not a completionist and just play H5 the way you like to play it (I mean following the path you like the most or feels more natural to you) you don't really advance that much. That's the main issue with the game right now and also the reason why I'm not especially optimistic about releases getting faster: if she wants to add at least some content to the major paths, with this massive branching that means lots of work (as we can already see for this upcoming chapter). This is not criticism, it's just the way she has chosen for her game and I totally respect her for it

Reactions: LuciferPrometheus

LiptonDI

Feb 4, 2020
That's what I'm hoping. After all, even if you're not a completionist and just play H5 the way you like to play it (I mean following the path you like the most or feels more natural to you) you don't really advance that much. That's the main issue with the game right now and also the reason why I'm not especially optimistic about releases getting faster: if she wants to add at least some content to the major paths, with this massive branching that means lots of work (as we can already see for this upcoming chapter). This is not criticism, it's just the way she has chosen for her game and I totally respect her for it
Another game like this is Summer Scent. Like heavy five, it's very high quality in all departments, but updates take a loooong time, and because of all the branching paths, you have the impression that the story progresses at a snail pace. Quality and actual meaningfully choices with branching paths take time, so I guess for these sorts of games, you have to arm yourself with patience.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Here is the thing, she got better equipment, so much better that it she started over to make it that much better, including race and gender options for the MC, that also can affect their sister. This won't have to be redone again. On top of that, she has even better equipment now, including a second computer. So, they will either get faster or higher quality, either way it is a win for us.

Many times, she has said that the next chapter will have more sex, but in game this is only day 2, few games let you have sex that fast with people you just met, and most of those are just silly. Even then, there has been some, depending on what you do.

As I understand it, even an harem route is possible, though it may or may not be the ...happiest of endings.

Reactions: yandex and moskyx

LiptonDI

Feb 4, 2020
Here is the thing, she got better equipment, so much better that it she started over to make it that much better, including race and gender options for the MC, that also can affect their sister. This won't have to be redone again. On top of that, she has even better equipment now, including a second computer. So, they will either get faster or higher quality, either way it is a win for us.

Many times, she has said that the next chapter will have more sex, but in game this is only day 2, few games let you have sex that fast with people you just met, and most of those are just silly. Even then, there has been some, depending on what you do.

As I understand it, even an harem route is possible, though it may or may not be the ...happiest of endings.
I don't think a full harem route would make much sense given the current state of the characters right now. But I hope at least a partial harem route including only some of the LIs that make sense, will at least be possible.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I don't think a full harem route would make much sense given the current state of the characters right now. But I hope at least a partial harem route including only some of the LIs that make sense, will at least be possible.
Well, it depends on the path, and what you do, this could include you all being stranded, and you being the only man left there, or something worse, like being enslaved to the LGM. It's hard to say how such a thing could play out... Notty likes her surprises after all. :whistle:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes