I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Wasn't it with the testers in May lol
Parts of it.
From what I understand, some modules were with the testers before. Now they're testing what will hopefully become the final build.
This is exactly right, the modules are tested on their own, the build that the testers have at the moment is almost the complete chapter.

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
Well, I gave this a try after hearing on another thread, about a Strip Rock Paper Scissors game... which, I uh, have now learned is not part of the main game exactly. So, a little bummed there, but that's what I probably get for expecting that.

That aside, I've only done a single playthrough thus far, but it didn't feel too bad, truth be told. The characters are fairly interesting, even if Daz is still a bit weird for me to get used to in terms of looks. The plot also is interesting, although it is kind of a shame that it seems you can't really get to see 'all' the content in a run. I get some are mutually exclusive, but a shame you can't try to actually do your job, and have time to actually get to know the crew and all that.

About the only issue I noticed was in Chapter 3, where Sarah talked about our last VR session - which didn't happen, because I didn't visit her to trigger it I suppose, as it seems to be a mutually exclusive thing, or I spent too much time doing something else, unsure. But its also possible the flags can't really be that exact between chapters.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
There are too many diverging paths to make the game enjoyable. Choosing one option during Freeroam often permanently shuts you out of other options. Maybe the dev would want to consider changing the time system where things can be done on following days. As it exists, choices are actually being removed from the MC/player, which makes the tripe in the Q & A at end just a load of hot crap. In several cases (contrary to what the dev claims) a decision actually means game over, since to continue playing becomes exceedingly frustrating and unenjoyable. There is a reason why all full PC games do not have such a structure...it leads to players losing interest and less people purchasing the game.

I like the game (storyline etc.) and don't even mind that 3 Chapters into an adult game there is nothing to corrupt an 11 year old, but the mutually exclusive choices have killed it for me.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
There are too many diverging paths to make the game enjoyable. Choosing one option during Freeroam often permanently shuts you out of other options. Maybe the dev would want to consider changing the time system where things can be done on following days. As it exists, choices are actually being removed from the MC/player, which makes the tripe in the Q & A at end just a load of hot crap. In several cases (contrary to what the dev claims) a decision actually means game over, since to continue playing becomes exceedingly frustrating and unenjoyable. There is a reason why all full PC games do not have such a structure...it leads to players losing interest and less people purchasing the game.

I like the game (storyline etc.) and don't even mind that 3 Chapters into an adult game there is nothing to corrupt an 11 year old, but the mutually exclusive choices have killed it for me.
It is a real problem. The chapters are overly limited and the only lewd content is actually a bad choice in game, or part of a game inside of this game with characters that have nothing to do with anything. And to make that situation even worse the time you are with Sarah you aren't even the one who gets to fuck her in the simulation...

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
30FPS animations add up quickly.
Maybe, but how man animations were in the last update, five or six two second animations? That's maybe 3000 renders and there are no where near 7000 stills for the events.

The dev is going to do what they want but to me that seems like a massive misuse of render and development time just to show a door open. It would be so much more beneficial to add those frames to plot and relationship progression. But that's just me.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I disagree, doors don't need to seem "real". Now if it were a character animated in any way such as a wave, blink or walking then that would be something else entirely..
Doors take very little time and resources to animate compared to characters. You shouldn't see these little immersion adding animations as something that prolongs production because they don't. Lewd animations account for most of that.

You might be pleased to know that Chapter Four will include also several non-lewd animations of characters.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Doors take very little time and resources to animate compared to characters. You shouldn't see these little immersion adding animations as something that prolongs production because they don't. Lewd animations account for most of that.

You might be pleased to know that Chapter Four will include also several non-lewd animations of characters.
They absolutely do take up development time 22 1 sec videos at 30 fps of inanimate objects. 660 renders at a 20 minute render time each. That's 13,200 minutes or 220 hours of renders just on the animations before the posing.

Unless my math is wrong that seems pretty significant to me, especially since the dev only has one pc.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
They absolutely do take up development time 22 1 sec videos at 30 fps of inanimate objects. 660 renders at a 20 minute render time each. That's 13,200 minutes or 220 hours of renders just on the animations before the posing.

Unless my math is wrong that seems pretty significant to me, especially since the dev only has one pc.
Yes, it is wrong. Different things take different times to render. Where 1 render frame of a character may take 20 minutes, a 1 render frame of a door may take 2 minutes. Rendering times always vary depending on how complex and detailed the scene, the assets, the lighting, are. The dev has two PCs and it's the second that tends to do the less resource demanding secondary animations when not busy.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
So.... support the dev on Patreon so she can have two pc's! That way you have less things to nitpick about.
Do you not understand how conversations work it's a back and forth. It's a simple discussion between players about the development prosses of the game. It seems like unless you post something positive about a game anywhere on this forum your either nitpicking, bitching or trying to find problems with the game.

Maybe one day these threads wont be so very one sided.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes