moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I don't know how to promote the story. As shown in the picture, I am trapped in the second chapter

View attachment 2186577
You are not blocked, you just can't fix the plant or solve the mystery yet. Just keep searching around and passing time, learning about the characters and the situation.
(Unless you meant blocked by that screen, in that case just click on the on/off button at the bottom right corner)

ysw2170

Nov 21, 2022
You are not blocked, you just can't fix the plant or solve the mystery yet. Just keep searching around and passing time, learning about the characters and the situation.
(Unless you meant blocked by that screen, in that case just click on the on/off button at the bottom right corner)

how to solve the mystery? I don't know

Do you have video walkthrough? for example youtube

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
how to solve the mystery? I don't know

Do you have video walkthrough? for example youtube
Nobody knows, the game is still in development and at this moment no one can fix the plant, it's just not implemented

tonydurrant

Sep 17, 2019
Notty has been working on the PDA - aided by Frankenfurter it seems...

It's the "PDA update" update...

Hello!
A fairly short update post this time around (well, for me at least).

It's just a jump to the left...

Firstly, my apologies for not being around on the old social media gubbins of late. I've been absent from Discord, the forum, Twitter - the works. Partly due to coming down with a stinking cold at the start of the month (and God alone knows where I got that from)* but mainly as I've had my head down coding like fury otherwise.
There's a lot to get done and I'm aware that I can end up spending a lot of time chatting away on Discord, the forum etc as opposed to working if I'm not careful. Plus, complex coding doesn't really lend itself to taking the eye off the ball. Animating and rendering is a different story, of course, and gives me a bit more flexibility in being more present but coding....I need to focus to get that right. So, my apologies, but I trust you'll understand.
Speaking of coding it might just be worth a quick (promise!) recap.

And then a step to the right...

So, accident in April, Patreon turned off whilst I recovered (and still off to this day...eek!) and too much time to think while I got better - which made me realise the PDA and it's functions was a bit grotty, not really fit for purpose and didn't really help you play the game.
Recovered and set to to rectify this; created a massively overdesigned and unstable replacement and, bit the bullet, and started over again (see my last big post at the end of October)
So much for the history lesson. How is it going?

Put your hands on your hips...

Shockingly....it's going pretty well. In doing the Mk 3 PDA I wanted to keep the stability of the Mk 1, yet bring in some the prettier interface and some of the features of the the Mk 2 and I seem to have got the balance right. Is it perfect? Probably not. But it is more useful, nicer to look at and, in any case, is much better than what you've had before. So I'm going to call that a win. (It also doesn't fall on it's arse every five minutes like the Mk 2...).
Of course, with it being me, there was the odd false start. What my Dad would have called being "too clever by half"**

You bring your knees in tight...

In an attempt to knock your socks off, I had initially gone to town a bit with the PDA screen calling. Clicking on any function didn't just call a screen, it slid the screen out from the side of the PDA. Selecting an item then slid a further screen out from that and the text nicely dissolved onto the sub screen. Finish with the sub screen and it all nicely reversed back. All with sound effects too! It looked great. It looked slick. It looked professional and polished as hell.***
It also rendered the PDA utterly unusable.
Not because of coding or stability issues just I didn't really think this one through enough from a usability perspective.
Imagine, there you are having just got an update on a character. So off you go to the PDA and check it out. You sit there impressed as the PDA does its little performance and then decide you want to just check your orders again. You sit watching the character screens reverse out and then sit still longer as you watch the orders screens now perfom their little dance. God help you if you wanted to change the music as well, you might as well go and put the kettle on for a cup of tea while you waited....

But it's the pelvic thrust...

So clever. But not smart, and certainly not very player friendly ( I reverted back to simple screen calling in the end). On the other hand it did prompt me to think a bit more about what else could I do to make the PDA more player friendly.
It turned out quite a bit. For example, if any of the sub screens get updated, orders for example or character information, there's now a little "New!" flag that appears on that sub screen menu that stays there until you've clicked on it so you can see at a glance what's been updated that you haven't yet looked over. It also means you don't have to check things out as they get updated straight away but can look them over at your leisure knowing you won't have missed anything.
I also had an eye on such things as making it less of a chore to use, so (and with a bit of rather clever coding) you no longer have to click any form of close button on the sub screens but can just roll over to the PDA where it will close it for you,**** and to have a reminder pop up alongside the PDA for what each button is when you hover over it.
All little things, I know (and there's a few more too) but they just make your experience a little bit more pleasant and allow you to enjoy the game as opposed to wrestling with the interface.
There's a screen capture video of it in action at the start of the chapter below to give you an idea of how it performs.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

So to sum up, I'm working hard on this for you and I really think you'll get a lot of benefit out of this especially as we move forward with the game.

Patreon, of course, will remain off for charging until I've completed this work and am ready to release Chapter Five. I've said before that this was a design mistake on my part, and that I don't believe you should pay for my mistakes.

And that's about it for now.
Stay (or be) lucky.

Notty.

* Studiously avoids the gaze of anyone who follows her Twitter feed at this point...

** Sometimes it seems, "Dad advice" is worth holding on to...

*** Anyone who's coded in Renpy will appreciate just how tricky this was to do using screen handling. In short, very. Oh, well...

**** This was a bit trickier than you'd think as I had to account for you moving over the PDA if you'd opened up a menu selection from the left hand side of the PDA. If you did, of course you'd have to move over the rest of the PDA to get to your sub screen. Took me a while to work out how to keep the screens open for that instance and yet still close if you'd finished looking at them and rolled back.

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Well I'll be damned.
I just read Notty's post.
Notty said:
Immersion

So one on hand I write realistic characters (well more or less), an intriguing plot and then I keep losing any immersion you've built up (and this in a POV game where immersion is the whole point) by constantly breaking the fourth wall by wheeling out Becca every ten minutes. Intros, outros, bad ends, tutorials, there she is. Now don't get me wrong, I find her a lot of fun but I have to face up to it that she does break immersion which is a bit of a bugger really and not really fair to you. How can you believe in the characters, no matter how well written, when Becca keeps popping up?
Notty said:
Information

Holy hell, did I make you work for scenes....

Sorry about that.

When I first started hearing that players had multiple saves, I took that as a bit of a source of pride. Players were trying everything and hunting down content, sometimes just to see what I had done or wrote. That's pretty flattering if you think about it. And that scenario does still hold true in some respects. But often players would have multiple saves not because they wanted to see the pearls of wit and wisdom I'd given the characters but just because they had no real idea of what any decision made would lead to. Now, some players like to play blind, just relying on their own instincts or by putting themselves in the MC's place (I confess that this was my game design intention), but some don't.

What's worse is that some players might really enjoy a particular type of content but have no idea it even exists in the game. What brought this one home to me was I was talking to a player shortly before the crash and, although they liked Sarah as a character, they didn't like VR. I mentioned Caverns of Creatures and they'd never heard of it. They just didn't know it was there. Given the range of content in the game, this one is a major design fail on my part. How many other players are just not aware of content?

And even worse that that is all of those multiple saves can become just a confusing mess in themselves. Is the 23rd save the one where you'd had Mike to teach you how to cheat with the die or was it the 37th? Who knows? You've really no way to tell.

It was this third point which really has been the driving force behind making the GUI. To make your gameplay more enjoyable and to help you find content you want.
Holy shitsticks isn't this exactly what I was talking about back in 2019 when I first reviewed this game!? Rhetorical question. I'm acting snarky because it only took 3 years.

Fuck, what an awesome early christmas gift! This changes everything.

God damn am I suddenly so hyped for chapter five! The triumphant return of Notty! Almost brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

To think that just moments ago I was full on no-hoper.

Damn it feels great to be back!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The testing can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. I'd say definitely this month for CH5. But don't quote me on that, because I don't know what will happen with the testing.
With everything she tries to work into each chapter, testing tends to take a while. Murphy has his ways.

Apr 9, 2019
Monstrous Moonshine If only you'd done some research before making your review you'd have found out that the next update includes a rework of the sandbox element in which you can do multiple events during the evening section instead of just one. Maybe it would have bumped the score one star.
That would've indeed. My score will change to reflect the current version, once I am able to play it. I certainly haven't abandoned the game, as I find the narrative rather compelling.

Oct 8, 2019
Before I get all bent out of shape because of how I feel about this one, is it still being worked on? If not, I am going to 86 my opinion and call it a night.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
It seems like the breadth of content is pretty wide, but that usually means some paths are fairly shallow as others get the most attention. So I figured I'd ask if there is a significant amount of the content that I'm looking for:

I'm looking for female PC maledom content, leaning more heavily towards non-con/reluctant than healthy/consensual relationship. Bonus points for blackmail/humiliation/loss of power or respect.

Pictures look to only show women, and most of my keyword searches show posts talking about femdom, so I was wondering if the rape/blackmail/maledom tags apply to straight female PC content.

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The bully of this game is a female officer who fkks all the other females, at least she braggs about it to everyone, she keeps harassing MC about how she fkks this or that girl.
MC is never afforded any blackmail choices that lead to anything or amount to anything
signifficant, MC can be the meat the bully beats up all the time, demeans, berates,belittles, MC never has agency to actually go look for a guy and try anything,
it is all scripted so MC is just a damsel in distress for the bully, a drink buddy
or a game budy for some of the other girls, MC can be blackmailed by other girls but not for sex.
I'm looking for female PC maledom content
straight female PC content.
The bully female officer has most game time and most scenes in the game,
there is no male, MC or NPC who can rival that much exposure, she does the bullying/domming, period.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
It seems like the breadth of content is pretty wide, but that usually means some paths are fairly shallow as others get the most attention. So I figured I'd ask if there is a significant amount of the content that I'm looking for:

I'm looking for female PC maledom content, leaning more heavily towards non-con/reluctant than healthy/consensual relationship. Bonus points for blackmail/humiliation/loss of power or respect.

Pictures look to only show women, and most of my keyword searches show posts talking about femdom, so I was wondering if the rape/blackmail/maledom tags apply to straight female PC content.
There is no male love interest for the female MC.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes