Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Then I have no idea what this is and at this point I'm too afraid to google it :D
Findom = financial domination; i.e. when one person exploits another financially. Gender of either does not, technically, matter (although it is, most commonly, a sub-fetish within femdom community). The submissive partner in such a relationship (i.e. the one who willingly allows themselves to be exploited in such a manner) is often referred to as "paypig".

Last edited:

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Findom = financial domination; i.e. when one person exploits another financially. Gender of either does not, technically, matter (although it is, most commonly, a sub-fetish within femdom community). The submissive partner in such a relationship (i.e. the one who willingly allows themselves to be exploited in such a manner) is often referred to as "paypig".
So pretty much a Sugar Daddy/Mommy with extra steps

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
There's a few donators here who are delusional about their money going to someone who literally milks them for all they've got while endlessly reworking pointless things and putting in endless amounts of pointless additions to the game that results in an endless cycle of development and thus an endless amount of revenue for no real progress on the actual game. Four years ago the dev was confident they could get four updates out in a year, now it's a miracle if they can get it out in one. (They can't. Or don't want to, rather.)
You're still stuck in 2019 after all these years?!

What you're referring to as the actual game was a demo version of H5 with only the white male MC, made on an asthmatic rig with a GTX1050 first and upgraded with a GTX1060 later.
Stop rambling about this demo version that has ceased to exist for a long time now.

Let be franc, you didn't swallow the fact that, in September 2019, the release of Chapter4 for this demo version was cancelled.
With the acquisition of a much more powerful rig with a RTX2080, Nottravis was able to start to make of H5 the game she wanted in the first place: a game with two major paths for the MC, male or female, and with two variations for each of the major paths, black or white for the skin colour.
The real actual game started with the release of Chapter1R in January 2020.

According to your saying: black or white female MC, black male MC, free roam, navigation map of the full settlement, mini-games others than VR or CoC etc.. Are pointless?!
In fact, you are the delusional one.

And naturally said people always run to the moderators and have them remove any criticism of the game, probably because one or some of them are also paying for it. Because they stopped payments for a few months at a time despite wasting years of development effort on pretty much nothing of value.
Serious allegations have been made here.

You're discrediting the impartiality of the Moderation verdicts.
If your so-called criticisms of the game have been moderated (erased), it's only 'cause they were infractions of the forum rules. Nothing more than that.

And if you think that a donation of a few bucks made back in 2020(F95zone is currently not accepting new donations since 2021) can influence the Moderation verdict, you're once again delusional.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
So is it something like marriage?

JD59

Jun 20, 2018
Another from Notty... To make it short, she's re-wired chapters One and Two with the new GUI and after some more testing, the new chapter One will be released. She wants to make sure EVERYTHING works out well in each chapter before releasing chapter Five.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Another from Notty... To make it short, she's re-wired chapters One and Two with the new GUI and after some more testing, the new chapter One will be released. She wants to make sure EVERYTHING works out well in each chapter before releasing chapter Five.
And when that is done, there will be the next news to explain why it will take again "a little" longer. Since this developer started redoing everything over and over again, the game is screwed. It's been over a year since the last update, and that was also just a remaster.

This game started out on a really positive track, but in the meantime the whole thing is just ridiculous. One can only hope that Notty will create actual content again someday and get out of this perfection mania.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
And when that is done, there will be the next news to explain why it will take again "a little" longer. Since this developer started redoing everything over and over again, the game is screwed. It's been over a year since the last update, and that was also just a remaster.

This game started out on a really positive track, but in the meantime the whole thing is just ridiculous. One can only hope that Notty will create actual content again someday and get out of this perfection mania.
And as usual, every time she does that, the quality goes up by leaps and bounds. It's stunning, really, almost looks like a AAA game in some respects now.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
And as usual, every time she does that, the quality goes up by leaps and bounds. It's stunning, really, almost looks like a AAA game in some respects now.
The problem is that even the best quality has no value if a project dies unfinished. It is important to keep a project within an at least halfway realistic time frame in order to keep this risk manageable.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
The problem is that even the best quality has no value if a project dies unfinished. It is important to keep a project within an at least halfway realistic time frame in order to keep this risk manageable.
The thing is those of us that interact with Notty or even work with her in some capacity are confident that it will get finished. There is no such thing as "realistic time frame" in game development. Some AAA games take 5 to 8 years to be made. Granted this is an Indie game but it is on the upper scale of the Indies imho. The half-assed games that keep popping up and get finished within a year are the ones setting unrealistic time frames for those aiming for quality.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
And how do you think this could be done?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Oh but she did. The chapter five is near to be finished, while the chapter one extra content, and it will be the same for the chapter two to four. But there will be no obligation to restart a game. Her rework isn't purely some tweak here and there. She wasn't satisfied with the way she introduced the chapters, and with the tutorials, because all this was out of the story. So she redid all this, making everything parts of the story.

Is Notty perfectionist ? Yes. Is it a problem ? Well, at short terms yes, undoubtedly. But she don't think at short terms, she think about the game as a whole entity. And from this point of view, her perfectionism is a benefit ; but of course not totally for those who play the game update after update.
And, must not be forgotten that, unlike way to many devs, she pause the pledges while she's doing this. Over the year since the last update, she earned money for less than a third of this time if I'm counting right. She also have her game planed and the script's draft wrote til the end of the story, what is also something relatively rare in the scene.

It's been over a year since the last update, and that was also just a remaster.
Nop, the last update was the never released before chapter four.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Indie games are usually made by one person, like this one. In her free time. Often with rudimentary equipment, often with zero initial experience (like Nottravis). The SHTF can come in at any time. Accident, illness, personal problems, etc. So there is no point in talking about a realistic timeframe.
The rights to the game are owned by the developers. Only they know the scripts. They cannot be sanctioned. We can't say that the game must be ready within X months, otherwise... Otherwise what? Will we look at them badly?
If you're a patreon, you can stop the subsidy, but that's it.
Regardless of what you believe, we are not fanatics. I have repeatedly asked Notty, privately and publicly, to drop the perfectionism. Stop fixing what is not broken. (And I wasn't the only one.) But that's how she is. She will finish the game, with or without us. With or without support.
I support her. (I would support her if she accepted.) If someone doesn't like it, it's not my problem.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020

agreed..i really on't know why som,e dev must redo their gam isnteads of developing the story and go on...all these reworks ends in game abandoned..msot of the times or really absurd dev time

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
agreed..i really on't know why som,e dev must redo their gam isnteads of developing the story and go on...all these reworks ends in game abandoned..msot of the times or really absurd dev time
It's certainly unusual to be "remastering" the game before even completing it.
For almost 2k a month in support, I'd expect more progress. These delays are absurd.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes