Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Which raises the following question: If nothing is the creator's fault, if the whole adventure is only dependent on our choices, then what can be considered as canon? Especially in the case of a potential sequel.
Notty will ask us how the story ended and pick the most common outcome

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Decisions would carry over to the sequel.
Kinda like how the Mass Effect games worked, I guess. But with so many paths and dead and/or alive characters, it could quickly get chaotic D:
I sure hope not :/ This solution will most likely only alienate everyone who didn't follow the specific path then chosen. Then, we would all wear shirts saying "not my Heavy Five", parading the streets and burning effigies of Becca, henceforth known as the Great Betrayer!

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Kinda like how the Mass Effect games worked, I guess. But with so many paths and dead and/or alive characters, it could quickly get chaotic D:

I sure hope not :/ This solution will most likely only alienate everyone who didn't follow the specific path then chosen. Then, we would all wear shirts saying "not my Heavy Five", parading the streets and burning effigies of Becca, henceforth known as the Great Betrayer!
That's why I suggested the most ironic and improbable solution

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Behold the words Notty once said:
IF it were to be a sequel there would be no hard reset. I have a way to make the choices roll over story wise in a logical way that is actually manageable from a dev point but I'm finding your concerns to be really interesting.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I did not want to go into the grim details, but yeah, exactly that.:LOL:

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Which raises the following question: If nothing is the creator's fault, if the whole adventure is only dependent on our choices, then what can be considered as canon? Especially in the case of a potential sequel.
When I refer to canon, I am referring, of course, to my own canon (even if it's only head canon and includes bits the author left out.) :p CYOA games (especially when it's ACIO) leaves canon to the player.

Yeesh.

IF it were to be a sequel there would be no hard reset. I have a way to make the choices roll over story wise in a logical way that is actually manageable from a dev point but I'm finding your concerns to be really interesting.
Ren'Py has the ability to store persistent data in a way that it is shareable with other games. This means Notty could set some persistent variables when you reach the end of the current H5 and when H5 Part Deux comes out it would load those variables in and know where you ended up (with Annie in a long-term loving relationship, of course.)

I really don't know what it is about Annie that's got me so hooked. Except, well, she's intelligent, snarky, capable, has a warped sense of humor, good looking... oh yeah, all that.

EDIT: For the curious:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I really don't know what it is about Annie that's got me so hooked. Except, well, she's intelligent, snarky, capable, has a warped sense of humor, good looking... oh yeah, all that.
You're preaching to the choir :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
When I refer to canon, I am referring, of course, to my own canon (even if it's only head canon and includes bits the author left out.) :p CYOA games (especially when it's ACIO) leaves canon to the player.

Yeesh.

Ren'Py has the ability to store persistent data in a way that it is shareable with other games. This means Notty could set some persistent variables when you reach the end of the current H5 and when H5 Part Deux comes out it would load those variables in and know where you ended up (with Annie in a long-term loving relationship, of course.)

*nods nods nods*

Or I could do as they did in ME2 of course, which would be easier on newer players and mean they wouldn't have to play H5 series 1.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

Yeesh.

Also 're Annie and her popularity (which is understandable as she is pretty fun), I can't help but notice that the girls are generally as popular as the amount of screen time they've had with the MC. Probs a concidence but I thought it intriguing none the less.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes