Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I don't think they (whoever was responsible) wanted the ship to crash. Unless the saboteur(s) didn't knew the ship could also fly/glide like a "old" space shuttle.
Maybe the failures were designed to stop the ship from flying up again until de operators figure out what was wrong with the systems.
Or maybe it was designed to prevent newcomers from seeing compromising scenery from up there? I mean, what hapenned exactly at the old station location? We were told the move was caused by the presence of annoying worms, but what's the truth? Can we handle it?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Gosh there's a lot of plot in this game isn't there? :)

Obvs I won't confirm or deny any theories but the more you think as the characters as being real, and having real motivations for how and why they act as they do, the closer you'll get to figuring some of the plot threads out.

Forget everything you know about how other game characters act and you're golden.

*poofs*

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I don't think they (whoever was responsible) wanted the ship to crash. Unless the saboteur(s) didn't knew the ship could also fly/glide like a "old" space shuttle.
Maybe the failures were designed to stop the ship from flying up again until de operators figure out what was wrong with the systems.
It seems like an overkill to ground the ship. For that sabotaging the main engines would have been enough. The way I see it the Vanguard only made it thanks to the skill and quick thinking of her crew.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Gosh there's a lot of plot in this game isn't there? :)

Obvs I won't confirm or deny any theories but the more you think as the characters as being real, and having real motivations for how and why they act as they do, the closer you'll get to figuring some of the plot threads out.

Forget everything you know about how other game characters act and you're golden.

*poofs*
So reading between the lines, the base was moved so we could dig up worms, to go fishing, and catch those red herrings we hear are delicious on Ophion?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So reading between the lines, the base was moved so we could dig up worms, to go fishing, and catch those red herrings we hear are delicious on Ophion?
Was also so we were closer to that cave and meet up with our wingspider. Do not forget it's sacrifice for us to show us sarah in most of her glory. :p If Mike was only half as useful ........

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
If it weren't for Mike you wouldn't know about the reactor.:)
I respectfully disagree, motherfucker.
I think that as long as the MC would do his job and check both hardware and software, the true nature of the reactor would be known. Mike only served to hasten this conclusion before going to switch off the power because "I'm a shifty dick and I do this every day" :p

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I respectfully disagree, motherfucker.
I think that as long as the MC would do his job and check both hardware and software, the true nature of the reactor would be known. Mike only served to hasten this conclusion before going to switch off the power because "I'm a shifty dick and I do this every day" :p
He also selflessly ran tests during the night in an effort to help. Does that mean nothing to you?:(

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
*wants a wiggly eyebrows one first!*
This is actually possible, I've looked at the admin panel for the software used on this site (I was investigating the whole reactions limitation thing) You can have custom reactions and custom emoticons ;) Now, if we can just get someone to give me access to the admin area so I can implement a few choice reactions :unsure::unsure:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
This is actually possible, I've looked at the admin panel for the software used on this site (I was investigating the whole reactions limitation thing) You can have custom reactions and custom emoticons ;) Now, if we can just get someone to give me access to the admin area so I can implement a few choice reactions :unsure::unsure:
Where is Thea when you need her?:)

Right, dead, saw it on the news, never mind...:censored:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
It seems like an overkill to ground the ship. For that sabotaging the main engines would have been enough. The way I see it the Vanguard only made it thanks to the skill and quick thinking of her crew.
I do get the feeling they took into account that the crew would be able to land the ship.
And the objective wasn't to kill them but to make these people unable to run away from the place or ask for help, as later something happened to the comms relay that Chris asks you to try your hand at fixing it.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Hrm....

It might help stop some of you going down the wrong path if I share my latest project storyboard?

Now this -does- have spoilers in it. So you have been warned!! It has a high level synopsis for the entire game.

Needs more boobs!

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hrm....

It might help stop some of you going down the wrong path if I share my latest project storyboard?

Now this -does- have spoilers in it. So you have been warned!! It has a high level synopsis for the entire game.

I suspect you're having too much fun with this :p

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes