Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Her face does look better though, and we would all love to see what Notty could do with a real rig instead of a hamster. Next chapter could take bit longer then cause she might be having a bit to much fun:).
The stuff I pose to try out - and then have to discard as I just don't have the ooomph to make a set of 30 plus of them in time... :(

So often I've had to go simpler. It's a killer - it really is. Still! Three didn't look too bad, and Four is shaping up. Really only the first two which are meh

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
The stuff I pose to try out - and then have to discard as I just don't have the ooomph to make a set of 30 plus of them in time... :(

So often I've had to go simpler. It's a killer - it really is. Still! Three didn't look too bad, and Four is shaping up. Really only the first two which are meh
But it wasn't just the renders that got us hooked! :love: You'll have a better system at some point in the future. :)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Well, your "meh" chapters are still works of better quality than most of the new stuff that appear on the site. And for once, this isn't even ass-kissing, you have an eye for composition that well trumps the lack of oomph ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
But it wasn't just the renders that got us hooked! :love: You'll have a better system at some point in the future. :)
Well, your "meh" chapters are still works of better quality than most of the new stuff that appear on the site. And for once, this isn't even ass-kissing, you have an eye for composition that well trumps the lack of oomph ;)
giphy.gif

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Of course, but I'm pretty sure you mentioned how tutorial originally worked way back in January! ;) *is innocent*
*eyes suspiciously anyone who proclaims their innocence!*

It's odd actually. Looking at the old raw files and seeing how I cobbled it all together. So many mistakes; so many things I wouldn't do now - but at the same time I'm sorta impressed that knowing nothing, and with the card limitations, I managed to get something out. But I feel sorry for past me having to render bits one by one and slap them all together. The landing on Ophion at the end of One took three different renders which had to be combined.

*must have been bonkers*

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

I've seen meh renders and none of them were in your game. For all the technical limitations you had they look awesome actually!:)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
It's a step up from One, so there is that; we can genuinely see how you have improved over time, by the time Ten rolls around, you'll be giving classes to other devs (looking at you Philly) on how it's done properly! :)
*chokes!* I doubt that somehow.

Although once Four is out I might take a week to see how much of One and Two I can redo. Not all of them. But certainly some scenes could do with a polish (or expanding with a few more renders).

Not much point Three onwards being shiny if new players never get past those first two due to mehness.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
*eyes suspiciously anyone who proclaims their innocence!*

It's odd actually. Looking at the old raw files and seeing how I cobbled it all together. So many mistakes; so many things I wouldn't do now - but at the same time I'm sorta impressed that knowing nothing, and with the card limitations, I managed to get something out. But I feel sorry for past me having to render bits one by one and slap them all together. The landing on Ophion at the end of One took three different renders which had to be combined.

*must have been bonkers*
Well, that simply what's life's about. You make mistakes so you can look at them in hindsight and say "I've started at the foot of the mountain, and now I'm climbing with my own two legs". Of course, along the way, you might make friends, enemies, good and less good experiences, but in the end, you will climb that fucking mountain and look at us from the peak and say "We dit it! We few, we happy few! We band of peeps!". All the passion you've put into these two first chapters are the first steps of your journey :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes