Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
I've already got the opening theme!
♪ Take my ship, take my crew ♫
♪ Take me where I cannot screw ♫
♪ I don't care, I'm Vannie ♫
♪ You can't take Sonya from me ♫
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maudit sois tu, Huitième ! Maintenant je vais devoir me refaire toute la saison de Serenity !
Curse you, Huitieme! Now I have to watch the whole Serenity show again!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DA22 and Oddball2k

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Five pages after a total shite day - thanks all! Takes the edge off going 14 MPH on the interstate. :-/

What I do is look sensually in their eyes, give them a warm smile and whisper in their ear "stop being a fucking wimp" .... works 8 times out 10.
The other two were a brain tumor and a compound fracture of the femur, right?

This is why I'm known as the funny one, poppet ;)
Ooooooooooh! Hard serve!

Who called you that sweetness, i'll give that lying toerag what for.

For realsies I have a bag of Jaffa Cake Nibbles. I got them when we went to the cinema to see Lion King but got stuffed up on sweet, sweet oh so very sweet popcorn.

That is all.

Probably not enough to sate you Jaffa lust.

We live in the UK where it rains most of the time. We have a grand total of 2 weeks Summer.

The only time you wear clothes is to work.

Smetimes you wear them to go shopping if you remember.

Sick of bailing you out for indecent exposure.
Point, Welsh rabbit. Game is now 6 all.

And sweet popcorn?! Good gods, woman! What foul abomination is this? Yes, sweet popcorn exists here too, but it's foul! Butter and salt, dear, butter and salt. That way the increased blood pressure from the salt blows the arterial blockage from the butter out. It's healthy!

Interesting, I was about to ask some more about your workflow, for something I'm (slowly) starting.

My workflow so far was:
0) Think up crude idea for a storyline/setting.
1) Further work out the general storyline and decide on the amount of chapters (rough estimate, still subject to change) (Current goal: at least 15, might increase as I further work out the story)
2) Make a textfile to describe in 1 line what I plan to happen in each chapter. Maybe 2 lines in case there's a major plot point. (The storyline(s) will easily allow for "generic" chapters which don't revolve around any plot, but which are purely fanservice)
3) Start to work out each chapter that's decided upon (I might end up making a seperate textfile for each chapter)
4) Make another textfile with character bios (purely for personal reference)

What I can do already, is gather and prepare assets that i'd like to use. Environments, buildings, outfits. Maybe customize some characters.
I'm doing something entirely different. I've committed to writing/coding the entire thing while I'm saving up cash to build a render rig. (Rendering in CPU on a Mac laptop is not going to work.)

I do have all the character models (for the main characters) and am putting together locations as I go. Plot is finalized/outlined and I'm fleshing it out as I go. I plan on several nods to existing games, but I won't tip my hand as to how just yet. In the case any of the devs I'm nodding to wants to allow a cameo I'll explain the scene and give them a basic script, and let them decide on their character's actual words. If I can get some guest renders as well (my plans include a clever way to make that simple with a light preset and a background) then I'll definitely accept.

Sounds reasonable to me. Hell, I've no idea what I'm doing so what do I know? :) But my advice, for what it's worth, would be to work out what you want to happen on the way and then put those into chapters. That would give you a better idea of length and balance than the other way around.

My other top tips are:
1) Only make the game you want - otherwise you'll stop enjoying it. There are points where it is not much fun at all, and making something you have no interest in would make that so much harder.
2) Prep your assets in advance for all of the game if you can. It's a bitch having to search for a location midpoint.
3) Have a chapter on the stocks. By that I mean don't release One until Two is ready. This was my original plan and I so wish I had kept to it but a sudden rash of sci-fi games started popping up at the end of last year and I panicked...
1: Too true
2: *nod nod nod*
3: Seeing how I won't start releasing anything until post-writing that's probs not as important for this one, but for the next one (which is already in the planning stage - this is addictive, isn't it?) that's a jolly good idea.

I plan on fully creating the first 3 or 4 chapters before even releasing the first one, that way I can safely work on the other chapters without worrying about falling behind. I also plan on releasing the first chapter completed, I don't like games where you just get a taste of what the game is like, (I can't think of anyone who has done that? :whistle::LOL:) my first chapter takes place over a week and that's after the massive first part of the game where the characters are introduced and the gameplay is explained; I'm thinking I might poach Becca for that bit! Do you think Notty will let her go for a few hours on secondment to me? :unsure::sneaky:
Haz teh smart.

True to some degree. I did make a render one time with a complex building, a Terradome background, some HDRI for the sky, a spaceship, 6 Genesis 3 characters, a dog and some furniture. Just rotating the camera took almost a minute before the screen would update. Which is kinda inconvenient if you want to move it to the right spot. The render took almost 24 hours just to reach 50% convergence (CPU render, as I had a Radeon card), when I broke it off (and reduced image size to reduce the grain). I seriously wouldn't consider creating some game with all that time for just 1 grainy render. However, grainy renders aren't an option when you want to make a game, and leaving out all the bits that bring a scene to life isn't an option either. The choice I made at that time was simple: I'm not going to make a game with a rig like this. Cutting back on quality is not a solution if you want to make something for others to enjoy. What was totally possible with that rig, was making stills. Seperate unrelated images for use as backgrounds for my phone. Just let it render for a day, it's just for personal use anyway, if it turns out well, post it somewhere, but that's it. It's still very useful experience with the software.

Now, with my new rig: it'll occasionally still be a bit choppy, but it's totally possible to make a game with it.
I know that one only too well. For now I'm pretty well stuck with rendering no more than 4 Genesis 3 characters + hair, clothing, lights on a transparent background. That took about 17 hours. Tried doing a complete interior, gave up after hour 10. Might try again at a much lower resolution (although 1080p looks tiny already on my monitor).

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well I guess it helps when you are female, short and cute. :p
Just being cute isn't enough... :p
Maybe you have a better chance asking for a render of it? :p
That's a form of pic!
The rig issue is actually real, because when you can't even pose your scene because of "lack of oooomph", to quote Notty, you may not have the required mental fortitude to try complex scenes. With a good RAM and GPU, tho... Your own talent Sky's the limit!
For those of you having trouble with a laggy viewport, make sure you have the hardware acceleration turned on like Trish on a slow work night. Go to prefs (F2), and the interface tab. About half way down you will see Display Optimization, set it to best. You can also turn Texture Resources down toward performance. ...I haven't tested the pixel buffer, so I can't speak to that.
I plan on fully creating the first 3 or 4 chapters before even releasing the first one, that way I can safely work on the other chapters without worrying about falling behind. I also plan on releasing the first chapter completed, I don't like games where you just get a taste of what the game is like, (I can't think of anyone who has done that? :whistle::LOL:) my first chapter takes place over a week and that's after the massive first part of the game where the characters are introduced and the gameplay is explained; I'm thinking I might poach Becca for that bit! Do you think Notty will let her go for a few hours on secondment to me? :unsure::sneaky:
Yeah, I want to at least get a rough draft written before I start.

TGI Games

Nov 20, 2018
Holy shit, how does this thread have 14 000 comments? :D For some reason I thought this game was still relatively new.

Can you fuck Sarah yet? The blond ensign I think that's her name. You meet her when you start the game.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Holy shit, how does this thread have 14 000 comments? :D For some reason I thought this game was still relatively new.

Can you fuck Sarah yet? The blond ensign I think that's her name. You meet her when you start the game.
We have hopes for chapter 4, but in chapter three you can see her in all her glory. Chapter 4 will have sex for sure, just not sure will be also with Sarah or her alter ego Gloria.

TGI Games

Nov 20, 2018
there are so many comments cause there is more to this game than just "that" ;)
I don't doubt it. I did play a little but I used no walkthrough and didn't try every option just went with stuff that felt appropriate. The furthest I got was cutting Sarah's avatar inside the VR game, but nothing with the real Sarah. But I know I missed a lot so I held out hope there was action possible with her I just missed it. Just wanted to be sure. Sarah is the best by far in my opinion. Chris has a nice personality but her short haired model looks so unappealing to me. Reminds me of an Admiral Ackbar situation for some reason.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I don't doubt it. I did play a little but I used no walkthrough and didn't try every option just went with stuff that felt appropriate. The furthest I got was cutting Sarah's avatar inside the VR game, but nothing with the real Sarah. But I know I missed a lot so I held out hope there was action possible with her I just missed it. Just wanted to be sure. Sarah is the best by far in my opinion. Chris has a nice personality but her short-haired model looks so unappealing to me. Reminds me of an Admiral Ackbar situation for some reason.
Gloria is sure to have content in the next chapter, as the VR adventure is progressing. Sarah should at least have some content on the blackmail path (just don't forget to bring a towel water sarah.png ) and another path as well that I'll call the "Princesses path" :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Gloria is sure to have content in the next chapter, as the VR adventure is progressing. Sarah should at least have some content on the blackmail path (just don't forget to bring a towel View attachment 378261 ) and another path as well that I'll call the "Princesses path" :)
Egh, not everyone will choose the Huitieme option. I'm sure the blackmail path will have different highlight (that may be even worse:eek:).

There's also Sarah's weird kink, and we'll get to watch a movie with her. Who knows what will happen in relation to that.:)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I don't doubt it. I did play a little but I used no walkthrough and didn't try every option just went with stuff that felt appropriate. The furthest I got was cutting Sarah's avatar inside the VR game, but nothing with the real Sarah.
That's the best way to play. There's fair amount of sexy and funny content with her on other paths, but that's all optional.:)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't doubt it. I did play a little but I used no walkthrough and didn't try every option just went with stuff that felt appropriate. The furthest I got was cutting Sarah's avatar inside the VR game, but nothing with the real Sarah. But I know I missed a lot so I held out hope there was action possible with her I just missed it. Just wanted to be sure. Sarah is the best by far in my opinion. Chris has a nice personality but her short haired model looks so unappealing to me. Reminds me of an Admiral Ackbar situation for some reason.
You might try to go for a perfect victory or perfect loss against Sarah in the VR game, both have their rewards. :p (rollback is your friend)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Egh, not everyone will choose the Huitieme option. I'm sure the blackmail path will have different highlights (that may be even worse:eek:).

There's also Sarah's weird kink, and we'll get to watch a movie with her. Who knows what will happen in relation to that.:)
Not everyone may choose it, but it exists (or at least, it will). I'm a firm believer in giving people as much information as I can in order for them to make the right choice. E.g. Marcus' pills make the subject thirsty and they should be kept dehydrated at all time for their well-being :) *is a good boy*

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not everyone may choose it, but it exists (or at least, it will). I'm a firm believer in giving people as much information as I can in order for them to make the right choice. E.g. Marcus' pills make the subject thirsty and they should be kept dehydrated at all time for their well-being :) *is a good boy*
Good wine my friend, you should always give them good wine:p Nice new emoji:p

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Dehydrating the poor girl might lead to ;)

• Thinking Face
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes