Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Huitie, when you mention Notty as the goddess, do not forget Becca, the Prophet and Avatar of Her Holiness Here in The Web, Lust Be Upon Her.

We'll turn you into a proper priest of the cult of ACIO soon!
Have you ever notice how the word Avatar seems to be a portmanteau for Ava and Tar(t) :unsure:
"Beccava" is out, in comes Avatart!

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Well, as a wine connoisseur, I could just say that you simply never had good wine, but as a not-drinking-anymore Frenchman, I would just say "meh". Best wine is the white one I use to cook blanquette de veau (nothing like omelette du fromage). Actually, scratch that. Best wine is the one Becca would serve me from the bottle she kept just at body temperature ;)
You say I've "never had good wine." I've heard that line too many times. Before tasting some foul $20 to $40 per glass vinegar. Or worse yet, some sweet dessert vinegar. I see a $400 bottle of red and think "Yeah, that'd work for boeuf bourguignon." :LOL:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You say I've "never had good wine." I've heard that line too many times. Before tasting some foul $20 to $40 per glass vinegar. Or worse yet, some sweet dessert vinegar. I see a $400 bottle of red and think "Yeah, that'd work for boeuf bourguignon." :LOL:
Well it should but most 20 USD bottles will do as well for that:)

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian and frap

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Forget that crap, any bottle that costs more than 20€ is just a way to flaunt your money anyway.
A good wine cannot be drunk like some posh anal cavity sipping his pricey brandy. You'll know good wine when you're with some friends or significant other, peacefully watching that giant ball of fire set on the horizon. You are with the people you love, they sing, you drink, we smile, and the day becomes night, and the laughter becomes memories. Good wine is that last companion you thought you forgot but remember at every sip. Good wine is not in the taste of fermented grape, it's in the shared good times that never really went away.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
I've not heard of birch wine. I've had birch syrup... it's quite tasty.
It's actually quite similar in flavor, except Birch Wine is obviously alcoholic. And Birch Wine interestingly enough requires less birch sap to make than the syrup. There's also something called Birch Beer, but I must admit I never got to try that.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Forget that crap, any bottle that costs more than 20€ is just a way to flaunt your money anyway.
A good wine cannot be drunk like some posh anal cavity sipping his pricey brandy. You'll know good wine when you're with some friends or significant other, peacefully watching that giant ball of fire set on the horizon. You are with the people you love, they sing, you drink, we smile, and the day becomes night, and the laughter becomes memories. Good wine is that last companion you thought you forgot but remember at every sip. Good wine is not in the taste of fermented grape, it's in the shared good times that never really went away.
Oh, so the good wine is a rich porter. Got it. ;)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Oh, so the good wine is a rich porter. Got it. ;)
Richard Porter was an American drug dealer who rose to prominence in Harlem during the War on Drugs in the mid-1980s; police described him as being a "high-level cocaine dealer" who "sold about $50 thousand worth of cocaine a week".
Hmm, in a way, it does work.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I agree with this. A wine, or any alcohol for that matter, is ultimately only as good as the company it is shared with.:)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Listen pal, you put whatever you want down your throat. No one here is kink-shaming you ;)
Not a fan of porters? That's okay, more for me.

EDIT: You're not just hating on it because it's made in the UK, are you? I thought the French and English got over that a long time ago. Thus, the chunnel. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
The same can be said for food - I wouldn't do an annual 14-hour barbecue brisket if I didn't want to share it with loved ones.

Actually, the same can be said for most things, even... hmm... games?
hqdefault (2).jpg

Not a fan of porters? That's okay, more for me.
I never drank Porter, but when I used to drink alcohol, my favorite beer was Blue Chimay, a Belgian dark beer:
1566508703420.png

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes